Captain Semper

Have some final detail work and some basing to do, then vow #1 will be complete. Vow 2 is currently taking a bath.

ooohhh whats vow 2?...:teehee: and does it have a rubber ducky?...:tongue.:

Mithril

Watch this space for upcoming details—(aka in the morning when photos go through from my phone).

But in short, I’ve just about completed vow one. Pics to follow shortly. I think you’ll like what I’ve done with Rezak, and the photos themselves.

Rezak strode forth from the storm, holding his Synaptic Obliterator low by the handle. He flicked his wrist, and the weapon snapped up from its melee form, phased through the snow and his form, and slid comfortably into his shoulder. He relaxed, aimed, and fired a sniper blast that sent a trio of tyranid warriors down like ragdolls. Their Prime looked about, seeking where the blow had come from, and quickly went down as well as Rezak unleashed another shot.

That squad eliminated, he quickly phased through the outcrop to land in front of a horde of hormagaunts. A quick mental command reconfigured the choke of his weapon and he pumped two red scatterpulse shots into the tide of flesh in front of him. The light flashed and threescore fell with nary a sign of their passing, and then they were upon him.

The Obliterator was as adept at melee as it was at several kilometers distant, and in less than .32 millirotations Rezak held it like a quarterstaff, twin blades flashing in the snowy air. Before long, he had backup in the form of six of his Lychguard and two of his subordinates. Together, they made short work of the horde, and Rezak hadn't even needed to trigger his resurrection orb. Excellent.

"Phaeron, we have eliminated the tyranid's left flank on this battle. Warriors are clear to deploy."

"My thanks, Executioner. Begin backline harassment, we shall close this front shortly."

"As the phaeron commands."

I declare my first vow complete!

Rezak complete front

Here's Rezak the Executioner, Vizier of the Deathmarks, worth 129 points.

Rest of the photos are in spoiler. The snow on the model is intentional, as I quite like the effect it has. The model and the lore are from a tyranid invasion of Seranon, the crownworld. Expect the snow on the rest of my vows from here on out.

rezak complete right

Rezak complete left

Rezak complete back

Thanks, mithril. I do like Rezak a bit myself, I must say :biggrin.: .

Wait til you see Phaeron Sarnakh the Sunderer. His chassis is not that impressive but his paintjob should be. (At any rate it will be hierarchally the highest. Skillswise is up for debate).

I LOVE! snow bases for every army (except mars admech ofc that army must have mars bases).

and minor update:

finished assembling all my immortals and CCB will prime em and most likely give them a basecoat this weekend.

Yo Semper models with primer on them are fine, right? The chaos Black is being annoyingly hard to scrub off and I wanna vow again soon. A couple will have parts stripped down to plastic so I can add some parts but beyond that I suspect everything will be a nice matte black if that’s allowed.

Thank you, Ebsas. I shall endeavor to match quality on the rest, and keep the background in use.

Some updates on my vow. I completed the Scarabs a few weeks ago, but never posted the picture. I’ve also completed the Cryptek with the Canoptek Cloak. I finished my other Crypteks base at the same time, so he’s in the photo shoot too. I’ve started work on the wraiths, but I’m loosing some enthusiasm. My win loss ratio with Necrons is abysmal, and it’s taking my drive away to complete the Wraiths. But I shall push on!

Also, posting from my phone, so the photos will be links.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_793227.jpeg??t=25526135

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_47792.jpeg

Nice work Mr4Minutes..is that leadbelcher undercoat?...it helps heaps i bet :thumbsup:

can we get a closer pic of your scarabs next time you upload,they look really cool but a bigger pic would be nicer :biggrin.:

cheers , Mithril

++EDIT++ i have washed the first 4 destroyers i painted to look weathered and aged,now to "Turquoise up"  the other 4 ...

Thanks Mithril! It most certainly is leadbelcher undercoat, and it helps a lot. The first coat of some paints don’t adhere to it properly, they kind of bead a bit. But I find if you thin it down and do a 2nd or sometimes a 3rd coat, it’s fine.

I’m away on vacation for a bit, but I’ll post a better pic of the scarabs as soon as I can.

Thanks Mithril! It most certainly is leadbelcher undercoat, and it helps a lot. The first coat of some paints don’t adhere to it properly, they kind of bead a bit. But I find if you thin it down and do a 2nd or sometimes a 3rd coat, it’s fine.

I’m away on vacation for a bit, but I’ll post a better pic of the scarabs as soon as I can.

Thanks Mr4Minutes, i look fwd to seeing them, Note* i usually wash all over with nuln oil after i basecoat with leadbelcher spray...that too helps the next few coats of paint "adhere" to the base spray layer.

In other ETL news ...been putting some wraiths together for my next Necron vow, after i finish repainting my destroyers... they are much cooler looking in real life than i thought,so spidery and evil insect looking, i must do a good Novokh paintjob on em,they deserve it :sweat:

cheers, Mithril

med_gallery_88567_14573_801771.png
This is how my infantry stand tonight. The Immortals are basically done and just need basing and gluing.
Warriors have all basecoat work done and I started the weathering of the purple on two of them.
Characters also have the secondary colours basecoated and the scarabs have all had their purple stage one weathering done.

As for future Vows I now own an old start collecting box with the stalker and a box of Praetorians which combined will give me a 1500 point army. I'll likely split the remaining 700 points into smaller chunks depending on when I finish vow 1.

Yo Semper models with primer on them are fine, right? The chaos Black is being annoyingly hard to scrub off and I wanna vow again soon. A couple will have parts stripped down to plastic so I can add some parts but beyond that I suspect everything will be a nice matte black if that’s allowed.

Thank you, Ebsas. I shall endeavor to match quality on the rest, and keep the background in use.

Yeah, they're fine! 

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Finally managed to get the pics for pledge one completion up. Anyone who follows me on Instagram will know that I have done almost zero painting since I got back from holiday. Waiting on some parts to arrive for pledge 2 :)

35102348 10156622971525362 6106497287846887424 N

35269614 10156622972110362 5816857651320979456 N

35236953 10156622971510362 4488161955835543552 N

35102575 10156622972095362 8091086763478482944 N

35077223 10156622972275362 2949998128343810048 N

35129638 10156622972435362 3696100369328242688 N

35240506 10156622972450362 3349835321331154944 N

@Mechanist- those colours your using are very uncommon but boy do they pop when seen all together on those troops :wub:  very unique, but way cool!

@fisheyedbunny - glad your back, i really like the lords and scarabs they have a nice touch of gold, very nice :biggrin.:

i have managed to Turquoise Up the other 4 destroyers...it was a chore, but tonight it's tidy up and weather them all hopefully and that vow will be done... :sweat:

then i can actually paint something from scratch instead of repainting (and a new unit for the army too :yes: )

cheers, Mithril

@fisheyedbunny Great work there, God Job and looking forward to seeing Vow 2.

@Mechanist- those colours your using are very uncommon but boy do they pop when seen all together on those troops :wub:  very unique, but way cool!

Thank you, I wanted gold and purple because they are considered very royal and that suited the arrogance of the necrons, spent ages trying to decide on if I should keep the green or go with something else. Glad I kept the green and I think the Greenish Blackstone on the bases and blades helps to tie back the brighter glow to the rest of the models for a better balance than if I'd left it out. 

Therek Thunderseeker's fingers flew across the holocontrols, deactivating the stasis keys that kept the necrons within in suspended animation until their chassis reconstruction and cleansing was complete. Two of those within had also recieved chassis upgrades to go with their expanded brain capacities, and to reflect their statuses. Subtle and not-so-subtle marks of ownership marked this Phalanx. This was the Phaeron's Favored phalanx of Warriors, and they were on the cusp of being reawakened from this reconstruction cycle.

The stasis crypt of both the Phaeron and his Royal Barge was being tended to right now by two of Therek's menial assistance and a small swarm of scarabs. He was also to be reawakened.

Therek smiled, or would have if his face wasn't fixed in a rictus of lightning-charged mania. Today was a good day for the Naculan.

The time has come, brothers and sisters. Time for my second vow!

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, in full view of my brothers and sisters of the Bolter and Chainsword, do take up once more the burden of E Tenebrae Lux for the honor of the Necron forum and the Liber. I vow to paint one (1) Necron Overlord with voidscythe and resurrection orb (139 points), one (1)Annihilation Barge with tesla destructor and tesla cannon (146 points), one unit of three (3) Canoptek Scarabs (39 points), and twenty (20) Necron Warriors (240 points), for a total of five hundred and seventy six points (576), to be completed on or before the first of August, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to the Naculan Dynasty, the Necron Empire, and the Liber, and failure shall earn me the Silent King's wrath and doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year's end. This I swear.

ETL vow 2

I do intend to make a voidscythe and not a warscythe. I have a bit I'll use for that, but it's not depicted because I was in a rush when I took this photo and I need to sleep. I'll edit a photo of the bit in later, along with zoomins of the two warriors that have been modified.

Cheers!

Archived