Captain Semper

Well done fisheybunny, excellent completion - that certainly an army in ascendance! :tu: And a follow-up for Lenoch? things are happening in the Necron outpost!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Aw, no one got the pun/reference in my pre-vow post :sad.: .

Ah well. Here's more pics as promised! None of the voidscythe, because photos are annoying and a pic of one bit decided to be more than 2 megabytes, and I couldn't be bothered to resize it rn. Sorry guys.

piff front

piff left

piff right

This is Ruleen'Okah, bastard son of the Phaeron's Lychguard Quazaka. His mind, along with those of his phalanx, is being restored for exemplary service to the crown. To reflect this change in status and the partial restoration of his memory, his chassis has been upgraded and he has been granted a weapon from his father's armory. 

cryaid front

cryaid left

cryaid right

This is Mekethist, apprenticed to the Cryptek Nakon before Biotransference. She has been given additional tools to better serve the Phaeron and her master when called upon.

Also, Semper, expect a PM from me over the next day or two with screencaps of my 3d plans for the armiger conversion for approval.

And congrats on fisheyedbunny for completing a vow! We're starting to ramp up it seems!

Very nice Mechanist :wub: ,the green Gauss goes really well with that gold :cool.: and the black weapon parts is a great contrast :thumbsup:

Hey Necrons!...get off my lawn :laugh.: i don't see grass much anymore in this grim dark universe...Glad you used some.

cheers, Mithril 

Very nice Mechanist :wub: ,the green Gauss goes really well with that gold :cool.: and the black weapon parts is a great contrast :thumbsup:

Hey Necrons!...get off my lawn :laugh.: i don't see grass much anymore in this grim dark universe...Glad you used some.

cheers, Mithril 

Thanks I'm very happy with the levels of contrast something I deliberately worked on as I'm pushing my colour theory and deliberate use of different contrasts.

As for basing all of my models get a basic of brown dirt and static grass patches, each army then gets a themed decoration to tie the force together,

Orks get scrap, Chaos marines get desecrated imperial ruins, Daemons are cracked earth with fire, Space marines get dead chaos stuff, Nids get jungle and plants.

Mechanist those are some good looking crons. Your pallet choice is really nice.

Here’s a close up of the scarabs. Unfortunately the original glue I used didn’t hold them on the bases, so I used some super glue. I got sloppy with the super glue, and now some of them have a “dusty” finish.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_1295164.jpeg

Those scarabs look good, Mr4Minutes. Doesn’t matter about the dust, they look nice regardless! Honestly I didn’t even see it.

Mechanist, I really the purple and greens that your models exhibit! How’d you get those?

I apologize about my lack of involvement, guys. I've been kind of hobby-depressed and haven't played or painted at all in weeks. Last few nights I finally talked myself into getting started on my vow. I will at least finish that, I also have some canopteks I can vow afterwards that for my scheme I can probably do in a day or so. My initial vow is about 2/3 done, should be able to finish it by this weekend.

Mechanist, I really the purple and greens that your models exhibit! How’d you get those?

Thank you.

Purple is three stages of the GW colours, I don't use the base colour just the two layers and the edge. Dark brown for chipping and highlight the chips with the edge paint.

the green uses GW for two stages, Caliban Green, Warpstone glow. Then I've got a dropper bottle (maybe Vellagio) equivalent to the old scorpion green. Tend to use careful controled dry brushing for the glow.

So a long overdue update, i have been slumbering since the last post here, i have had a little bit of necron fatigue so i went on and painted some dark angels. Tomorrow i will finish the catacomb command barge, leaving me with painting 25 immortals to complete my vow.

Just as a headsup guys I will be disconnected and unable to work for this next week. I may be able to post an update tonight but I will likely be silent this entire week.

Progress has been slow but steady for the most part. I expect to pick the brush back up next week.

Let’s keep our momentum up, guys! We can win this thing! (Or at least beat Tau for Primus Inter Pares).

Things have been going super slow for me, I got put back on swing shift at the planet so there are weeks when I don't get to paint at all! but still making some decent progress! Just have to highlight the black on the weapons, do a few small tiny gold details and then the bases and I'm done! Will post some update picks as soon as I can get any worth the effort of posting...

Ok so finally my second vow is completed.

Catacomb command barge

med_gallery_85622_14482_1247373.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_1268366.jpg

Overlord

med_gallery_85622_14482_512396.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_420356.jpg

Transcendent C'tan

med_gallery_85622_14482_317797.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_259343.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_331762.jpg

Gauss immortals

med_gallery_85622_14482_121840.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_1611601.jpg

Tesla Immortals squad 1

med_gallery_85622_14482_888345.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_286823.jpg

Tesla Immortals squad 2

med_gallery_85622_14482_223764.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_279672.jpg

Scarabs

med_gallery_85622_14482_253326.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_680893.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_1332974.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_283164.jpg

Warriors squad 1

med_gallery_85622_14482_1196861.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_521870.jpg

Warriors squad 2

med_gallery_85622_14482_103871.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_314878.jpg

Wraiths

med_gallery_85622_14482_1074368.jpg

med_gallery_85622_14482_341626.jpg

Hot :cuss Evsas, those guys look great! How many points was that vow again?

What dynasty are you painting them again, or is it a custom?

BTW, Tesla immortal squad two has a photo that’s sideways. Just a headsup.

A glorious completion Ebsas! Those were much needed points for the Necon cause! And both your vows are now tagged as complete - thx for the heads-up! :)

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived