Captain Semper

That's OK, ebsas. Not everyone has the time. I'm barely gonna have enough time for these guys given after the 24th or so I won't be able to post pictures.

Anyhow, vow 2:

Triarch Herald Ahtankh loosed a casual blast from his staff of light, incinerating the nearest Eldar with unbridled contempt. Scarabs skittered about him, dissolving Banshees and Fire Dragons under their claws and mandibles. His Triarch Strider stood tall above the melee, cleaving enemies in twain with its warscythe. He'd chosen the wrong weapon loadout for this mission, the Herald Mused. A heavy guass cannon was not what you wanted on a scouting mission, but he had been both impulsive and out of contact with the rest of his Praetoriate, thus lacking their resources. Nonetheless, it would do. The willingly enslaved human pilot within carefully aimed a searing bolt of energy from the weapon, and evaporated a Wave Serpent that was coming into range, along with its complement of--Fire Dragons? Yes, Fire Dragons. The half-burnt helm told the tale. "Good shot," Ahtankh pulsed into the thrall's Helm Integratus. It was always good to placate the serfs and make them feel some self-worth, especially as the household had submitted a scant seven millenia earlier and still felt the stigmata of submission and betrayal. With another burst of energy, the Herald shrugged the thought away. He had more important things to worry about now. "Death to the Old Ones' lackeys!" he screamed. "DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!"

And now, what you've all been waiting for! My long-promised Stalker conversion! Scraping all the rivets off was a chore, I tell you. An absolute chore.

I, Diamyo-Phaeron Lenoch, in full view of my brothers and sisters of the Bolter and Chainsword, once more take up the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the honor of the Necron forum and the Liber. I vow to paint one (1) Triarch Stalker with twin Heavy Guass Cannon (171 points) and one unit of three (3) Canoptek scarabs (39 points) for a total of two hundred and ten (210) points, to be completed on or before the first of August, 2018. Success shall bring eternal glory to the Naculan Dynasty, the Necron Empire, and the Liber, and failure shall earn me the Silent King's wrath and doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year's end. This I swear.

ETL Vow 3 before photo

Wait, so was our 60%+ completion rate before you realized that, and now our CR is even higher?

Also, the judgement of the Triarch stalks the battlefield soon...

Your completion rate is 61% - used to be somewhat higher before you made your vow. :P Good luck man!

To all: remember the clock is ticking and there are a lot of points yet to be completed... So wrap it up guys, these are the final weeks of the event!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So after a bit of a slog through the weathering I've got my Doom Scythe finished. Basing will have to wait till after the ETL as I'm playing with some new techniques and will need to use some Milliput which I left in the UK. While I'm sure I can find something in Darmstadt of Frankfurt I'm going to spend some proper time on it at home instead of making a mess at my parents.

med_gallery_88567_14573_26958.png

Started fully on the Annihilation Barge as well, putting the purple down though I'm really surprised with the coverage given by Naggaroth Night as for a dark colour I'd expect better. I'm having to basecoat with white first to get a clean layer down.

Thanks guys :) the new technical paints are well worth picking up I think. The crystals on the base of the Deciever were washed with the Hexwraith Flame and it really helps tie the highlights together. Just used them straight from the pot so not messed about with mixing or thinning them yet.

Loving that Doom Scythe, purple is just a fantastic colour for models

Thanks Fisheyedbunny I'm working on the barge now and expect to have the purple down today so much more purple. Should manage the Brown and black of the weathering. I'll do the two characters in batch with that too and may even get a start on the highlights.

Heck if I get all that done today I may be looking at a finished vow mid week and time for a little one to round me up to a full 1k list.

Your guys look great I may have to take a look at the technical paint for after the ETL and see if it helps with the glow effects.

Well do everyone so far keep it up.

So after a bit of a slog through the weathering I've got my Doom Scythe finished. Basing will have to wait till after the ETL as I'm playing with some new techniques and will need to use some Milliput which I left in the UK. While I'm sure I can find something in Darmstadt of Frankfurt I'm going to spend some proper time on it at home instead of making a mess at my parents.

med_gallery_88567_14573_26958.png

Started fully on the Annihilation Barge as well, putting the purple down though I'm really surprised with the coverage given by Naggaroth Night as for a dark colour I'd expect better. I'm having to basecoat with white first to get a clean layer down.

Looks AWESOME! Keep going man, this is great! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Adorondak, again rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons and vow to finish 3 bases of scarabs worth 39pts.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f346/Woodstock_Warhammer_Club/20180720_103934_zpsygjtrrsg.jpg

And yes, I'm aware this is a pretty paltry vow, but they were the only unpainted necrons i owned i was sure i could finish by the deadline...

Hey, every point counts, Adorondak. Completely understandable.

I declare my third vow complete!

Triarch Herald Ahtankh jumped down from the carapace of The Weeping One, swinging his Rod of Covenant in a wide arc, decapitating three Eldar in the swing. The Weeping One mimicked his movement, though it was interspersed with lances of crackling energy from the heavy gauss cannons that were equipped on the walker. Still more Guardians vanished under the chittering tide of the scarabs that carpeted the ground.

Two more strokes of his Rod, and Ahtankh had struck down the Warlock commanding the Aeldari force.

“The Triarch reigns supreme!” he bellowed, echoed by The Weeping One’s warhorn. Their task complete, having slaughtered the entire Aeldari force coming to attack the rear lines of the tomb, the two turned around and began to walk back to their base. As they strode across the broken silver landscape, a thought began to form in Ahtankh's mind. He had fought alongside the Striders for seven millennia. Yet he had never gotten to know them at all. They were comrades in arms, sworn to the Triarch, the Necron empire, and the Naculan Dynasty, having taken the same devil's deal the Silent King had all those aeons ago.

"The Weeping One," he vocalized.

"Yes?" came the rumble from the speaker below the monocular faceplate.

"Tell me of yourself, Knight Rider."

"...My...my lord?"

"Your name and history. I wish to know it," he commanded.

"...Very well, my lord. I am the fourth daughter of the second daughter of the Lady of House Henel, Knight House of the Mechanicum…."

The two walked side by side for several hours, and they conversed freely during that time. Ahtankh would hesitate to say that they were friends, but certainly they were no longer master and servant when they had returned to the Necron tomb.

Triarch Stalker armiger conversion ETL2018 vow 3

scarabs complete ETL 2018 vow 3

HERE IT IS, FOLKS! I chose to favor decals over basing this go-round, having little time to finish I deemed that decals would look better given the time I had remaining, and since I could, in fact, apply decals to a model (finally one with enough flat surfaces!) I went for it.

The Strider stands as tall as a Triarch Stalker, perhaps a tad shorter without the Herald atop it. However, with the Herald maglocked on, it becomes a fair bit taller. I quite like the look of the Herald atop the Strider, as it adds a touch of dramatic effect as well as another more obvious Necron element (along with the weapons) as opposed to the more subtle elements of the paintjob and decals. The colors on the right armor panels are of House Henel, the Knight House that defected to the Triarch in M34. The colors on the left are a combo of the Triarch's colors, the Naculan's colors, and the Naculan Cryptek colors. I'm considering the Knight House as a functionary of the Crypteks of the Naculan, hence the darkened Fenrisian Grey.

What do you all think? Executed well, poorly, etc?

This will be my last vow, as I go on holiday until after the 1st. Good luck to everyone that still has a vow in progress!

I think you mean your third vow is complete? ;)

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE 12th WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE FINAL SCORE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Scarabs are now my favorite models to paint! That took no time to finish at all! And they turned out pretty damn good (at least within the confines of my admittedly limited painting skills)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f346/Woodstock_Warhammer_Club/20180723_172450_zpscyit2nr9.jpg

Still haven't managed a really good picture though it seems...

Ok so my third and final vow is 9 x Canoptek Wraiths w/ Transdimensional Beamers

I have split them into 3 units of 3 each of 207 points going by Battlescribe for a total of 621 points.

37902274 10156748218645362 7219682931852181504 N

37839767 10156748218970362 5410058166022963200 N

37929892 10156748219295362 661188688843112448 N

37898635 10156748218590362 6780867862681616384 N

Currently sprayed with Halfords Audi Dakota Grey, planning to hit them with the airbrush and a lighter silver on the top then wash and details. Will be using my mandatory hobby time to complete them while the Mrs watches Love Island :)

Scarabs are now my favorite models to paint! That took no time to finish at all! And they turned out pretty damn good (at least within the confines of my admittedly limited painting skills)

Is this a completion? 

@ fishieyedbunny: You really like to live dangerously, don't you? :laugh.: You have until Aug 1st to complete it! :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great work everyone, fishieyedbunny that's a heafty batch of extra points in there but I'm sure you can crack them out over the weekend.

The Scarabs look sweet, and I can definitely agree on them being super fast to paint, I may have to add a second unit as my 2nd vow minimum as an easy win on Tuesday if I can't get a full unit of warriors assembled and ready to paint before Sunday.

Looks AWESOME! Keep going man, this is great! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much and to keep you happy I just finished the Annihilation Barge

med_gallery_88567_14573_714920.png

Which just leaves me with two characters to finish off who both have the gold and Purple complete and the rest is all base coated. As characters they have a fair bit more to do with small bits of the obsidian and extra glowy bits but still easily doable tomorrow evening I should hope. Heck I may even see about a 2nd vow as 12 warriors and 3 bases of scarabs will give me a 1k list to use fully painted.

Yes mate love the colour scheme! The purple gold and green really pop together :-) need to get a group shot of them once its all done, will look cracking on the table.

Managed to get the stuff sprayed and washed tonight, green and blue down on the models as well for the glowy bits. Need to touch up the green and blue a little tomorrow night and then hopefully do the final bits and pieces Sunday/Monday :-)

Is this a completion? 

@ fishieyedbunny: You really like to live dangerously, don't you? :lol: You have until Aug 1st to complete it! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Lol, forgot the most important part of the damned post! Yes, they are finished. ;)

May I present his excellency, Lord Se’ik Si’bil, the generous.

med_gallery_88567_14573_271641.png

and his faithful as yet to be named Cryptech

med_gallery_88567_14573_403455.png med_gallery_88567_14573_362579.png

Marking my Vow now complete.

I'll get some group shots up when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday when I have the day off.

I didn't get anything further assembled or even off the sprue so at this point I think I'll wait an see how Tuesday morning goes before making anything further.
I really want to round out to a 1k list but that may be a stretch goal for a little test (ie by the weekend/within 3 months of starting) as opposed to an official vow of anything more than a unit of scarabs. I may also use Tuesday as a basing day to really finish off these models instead of the scarabs.

Is this a completion?

@ fishieyedbunny: You really like to live dangerously, don't you? :laugh.: You have until Aug 1st to complete it! :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Lol, forgot the most important part of the damned post! Yes, they are finished. :wink:

OK then! :laugh.:

May I present his excellency, Lord Se’ik Si’bil, the generous.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_88567_14573_271641.png

and his faithful as yet to be named Cryptech

med_gallery_88567_14573_403455.png med_gallery_88567_14573_362579.png

Marking my Vow now complete.

I'll get some group shots up when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday when I have the day off.

I didn't get anything further assembled or even off the sprue so at this point I think I'll wait an see how Tuesday morning goes before making anything further.

I really want to round out to a 1k list but that may be a stretch goal for a little test (ie by the weekend/within 3 months of starting) as opposed to an official vow of anything more than a unit of scarabs. I may also use Tuesday as a basing day to really finish off these models instead of the scarabs.

Congratulations Mechanist - that's a great completion and quite colourful for Necron standards... :tongue.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived