Captain Semper

That's fair, cap. Worth a shot :D . Maybe I'll do that citadel out of competition and find a cheap monolith on ebay to paint in-competition to attach to it when they're both done.

Also to be fair, I don't think you would have expected a manta anyway; after all, xenos were only allowed in the past year!

No pylons for me, but hopefully someone else has one lying around.

Unfortunately, a quick ebay search reveals no cheap ones that aren't assembled horribly. Gak. Maybe in a month or so. 

Who can stand up to Chaos when they have three Codex books that can borrow from a fourth in one Outpost category?

Anybody really. They are not even in the lead at the moment...

Remember, the Codices give you options yes, but nothing beats mass participation. The IFOR have access to 6-7 Codices and lists, yet they are nowhere near the participation levels of Chaos. Space Marines are one Codex and have higher participation than Chaos and Dark Angels are again single Codex and yet have roughly the same participation levels as Chaos. 

I realise that Necrons, being relatively newcomers here in the B&C, may not have such a strong following as the more established factions, but don't forget you're also competing against the other Xenos Factions. And Necrons have a recently updated Codex, marvellous model range and, if people so wish, a very straight forward way to paint tons of models fast. Of course people may opt for more elaborate painting approaches but that's up to the individual participant. 

Codices do not win ETLs, participants do! :wink:

I'll be happy to discuss further but let's do this over PMs :)

Ordered my overlord to convert into a deathmark lord today...he should arrive next week, at which point i will probably vow him...seems a waste of a vow, but I can't afford 20k of necrons in less than three months without utilizing a 3d printer, so... *shrugs*.

Maybe I'll have stripped my collection for repaint by then. Hopefully. Maybe.

Making some progress. I'll finish this wraith today and should have another wraith done by tomorrow. I think my vow will be complete next week. (sorry for the bad lighting, but it's getting dark in here)

tn_gallery_85622_14482_153401.jpg

tn_gallery_85622_14482_532877.jpg

Quick update on my vow progress so far:

Group shot, before/after shot of one of the lords, side by side with the different washes on the blades and also the Annihilation Barge with the first airbrushing done. The colours on it are quite stark at the moment but they will be dulled down quite a bit one they are done.

31947152 10156527625125362 7803864583654866944 N

31947911 10156527622835362 1047358724663934976 N

31936494 10156527626640362 8850332420432461824 N

31935503 10156527625165362 406524074815127552 N

31543530 10156527626540362 2684058941695983616 N

All the best chaps, off on holiday for a week so no more progress till I get back :teehee:

Now this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update in Tuesday (or Wednesday). So if you want the Necrons to have a strong showing in that update, place your vows fast! :smile.:

I was finally able to get my dudes primed, but no time to work on it since then.  Might be able to slap some paint down shortly, though...

My Crypteks inform me that revivification protocols are underway, and that the reforge chambers will be online shortly to rechassis my legions.

Translation: I’ve ordered a thing or two, and I’ve picked up some simple green for stripping my models (couldn’t find CSC). I’m tooling up, just not ready to unleash the brush quite yet.

My Crypteks inform me that revivification protocols are underway, and that the reforge chambers will be online shortly to rechassis my legions.

Translation: I’ve ordered a thing or two, and I’ve picked up some simple green for stripping my models (couldn’t find CSC). I’m tooling up, just not ready to unleash the brush quite yet.

You might want to give the models in simple green a few days to cook... oh and use it undiluted! works quicker :sweat: ...and don't throw the simple green out after you've finished just use a strainer when you pour it back into the bottle :thumbsup: 

cheers Mithril 

VOW 2 -

I Mithrilforge rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons! and Vow to repaint as an "OUT OF COMPETITION ENTRY"*

a Unit of 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [0pts],2 units of 4x Destroyers [0pts] and 2x Hvy Destroyers [0pts] for the Novokh Dynasty on or before August 1st,2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end...and my reanimation protocols will be removed by my local Cryptek !

med_gallery_9146_583_450559.jpg

med_gallery_9146_583_345465.jpg

* Note - one of the above bases is not included there are only 3 x Bases in the Vow)

Cheers, Mithril

Ah, a repaint. Yes, this will do nicely.

Oh man, you should have gone for Necrons... Those look brilliant! :yes:

That’s what I’ve been telling him, Semper, but he was too quick to side with the T’au’ddlers. At some point I’ll tally up the points he vowed OOC here just to see how it would have been different.

At this point the best way he can help us is to fail an OOC vow and thereby negate everything he put into Tau. (I’m joking, Mithril. Mostly.)

Joke accepted ;-)

I really wanted to do both but I'd already vowed to T'AU (hey that rhymes) my necrons are repaints to get me playing them again but the ETL is really going to help me get my new T'AU army off the ground... Maybe next year I'll save up all my new necron stuff for that ETL!

Cheers, Mithril

WiP of Vow2 -

scarab unit redo finished.

med_gallery_9146_583_691921.jpg

* note - i repainted the Sgt on the base to match (roughly) my mates Guardsmen's colours from the big weekend game we just had :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril

quick update: tomorrow i'll finish the wraiths & destroyers. The 2 characters should be done on saturday. (next vow will arrive shortly after that and it will be more points)

Archived