Captain Semper

Thank you for the official welcome, Captain. I’ll try and put up a good showing beyond this vow.

Also I added my vow to be for the Liber as well (something a tad odd that’s going on, not entirely sure of it myself, but basically there’ll be lore attached to the completed vow as well). Hope that’s okay!

Totally OK! The more fun we can squeeze out of our minis the better!

So gold and purple and green glow... ermm... fantastic?

Rezak got primed and basecoated chrome last night. Currently I’m in the middle of planning his details, but for now he looks pretty good. I also need to think about what I do with his base. He’s standing on some greenstuff, which normally means rocks. But in this case I wanted it to look like a mound of something, either dirt or snow.

Right now I don’t know what to do with it. Thoughts?

So gold and purple and green glow... ermm... fantastic?

I think you mean fabulous

sml_gallery_88567_12165_1289.png

https://www.redbubble.com/people/studioblack/works/20732700-purple-green-and-gold-mardi-gras?p=leggings

In all seriousness the first base in now finished 100% and I recon they look just fine. the green glow is quite a large area on a scarab especially since the picture blow them up so large.

med_gallery_88567_14573_240382.png

I also finished my first warrior as I wanted to try out some colours for the gun.

med_gallery_88567_14573_167739.png

And with my basing plans worked out as well I'm cracking on with the immortals as a batch.

The gold and Purple is finished for them and the guns are base painted up to the first wash.

Excellent update Mechanist they are coming along nicely, I prefer my schemes a little dirtier / grimdark but I do like the fact you've gone for your own scheme, what rules are you going with?

FYI only a written update from me today, I've finished blacking (dark greying) out the weapons on my Warrior units now. Next step is shading them, then I guess moving onto OSL and basing.

Great to see all this activity in the Necrons' corner! Keep going guys!

and yes, I meant "Fabulous!" :teehee:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Progress on rezak today.

I've done the red and leadbelcher detail on him after spraying him chrome. Unfortunately you can't see much of the leadbelcher, but I plan on another layer or two.

rezak wip 1 side

rezak wip 1 back

rezak wip 1 front

these should be oriented correctly, but for some reason I doubt it...

Hey @Captain Semper, if I get a couple of armiger warglaives and do the proper conversion work, would they count as triarch stalkers? (i.e. chainswords to warscythes, meltas to the heat ray, etc?)

Or is that too much?

Hmmm...well, in that case, I need to see about beginning the 3d design work now while I wait to get it...

Does anyone here who's bought it have the measurements for the armiger as a whole, and for the length of the chainsword? And the limb sections if it isn't too much trouble, please.

Hey @Captain Semper, if I get a couple of armiger warglaives and do the proper conversion work, would they count as triarch stalkers? (i.e. chainswords to warscythes, meltas to the heat ray, etc?)

Oh gee do it man,That would be soooo Awesome :woot:  

You would need to make their face plates look like an Immortals head :cool.: how big are those Knight helms in comparison to the Armigers heads?... 

Also you could use the tesla weapon from the Annihilation Barge as the heat ray...?...

Mithril  

So far i have completed of my 2nd vow:

1 Overlord

1 Trancendent C'tan

14 scarabs

3 wraiths

tomorrow i'll finish (if everything is going alright):

5x gauss immortals

22x warriors

that will leave me to complete:

CCB

25x immortals

A little update, part way through the OSL on my warriors now... This is the first time I've attempted OSL and my first time using P3 paints through my airbrush it was really tricky and quite frustrating at times - all those YouTubers make it look so easy. However, that said although it isn't perfect nor finished, they are quite contrasty and will definitely standout on the table which is quite nice. I haven't taken these photos very well either it was just to show progress and hopefully gee some other overlords on-wards!

gallery_108101_14593_160604.jpg

gallery_108101_14593_1116381.jpg

Archived