Captain Semper

I guess even if people do have some orks, with being able to only vow for one faction they might've chosen something else instead. Not too many "I only have orks" or even "primary ork player" people in B&C yet I'd imagine!

Maybe. I will certainly be analysing the results of this ETL in detail (including possibly public discussion) and try to establish some conclusions that may prove useful in the future ETLs. :)

I guess even if people do have some orks, with being able to only vow for one faction they might've chosen something else instead. Not too many "I only have orks" or even "primary ork player" people in B&C yet I'd imagine!

Probably so. 

This place will fill up when the new codex drops. Just like the IG forum did. 1000 new voices all yelling as loudly as possible. lol It'll be a riot. get it.. a riot. 

Honestly, I think Ork faction not vowing as much has a lot to do with our codex not being out yet.  It's why I'm likely not vowing anything for this ETL unfortunately.  We don't know what units are actually going to be worth fielding, if we are getting any new kits, etc.  Only way to really put up vows right now is to paint things that are unlikely to change, or to magnetize a lot of stuff, which is a lot of work. 

Or just make vows for stuff that looks cool! My philosophy is that rules will always change but a cool model will always look cool.

I’d make a vow but my hobby time is so inconsistent that I wouldn’t even give it a 50/50 shot of being completed.

Honestly, I think Ork faction not vowing as much has a lot to do with our codex not being out yet.  It's why I'm likely not vowing anything for this ETL unfortunately.  We don't know what units are actually going to be worth fielding, if we are getting any new kits, etc.  Only way to really put up vows right now is to paint things that are unlikely to change, or to magnetize a lot of stuff, which is a lot of work. 

I guess thats something new players think about. I've been collecting orks for a very very long time. 

I feel a little bad for people who worry about the is this good to field line of thinking. 

In my own opinion everything in the index is a wonderful step up from the past several editions. But I get it, people have to spend their money how they see it is best for them. 

Ok guys, these are valid points but let’s leave this discussion for now and pick it up again after the ETL is over.

For now let’s use this thread for vows, updates and completions. Despite everything I’d love to see some Greenskin action especially given the relatively high average vow. It means you can afford some lower value points and join the fun! :)

We need moar ORKS!

Come on people, you know you've always wanted an Ork army! The Start Collecting! kit would be be an excellent first vow! Join the WAAAAGH!!!

I just realized I vowed 3 klaws for my bikers but already painted one with a big choppa. Guess I gotta paint an additional severed limb :P (That's what I get for not magnetizing things for once!)

After three long weeks I'm finally finished! 

VOW 1  Complete!

I'm taking some time now to do a few other Ork related things. I'd vow my bases but sadly they aren't a unit entry, just something for models to stand on. haha. 

Hopefully in a few days or however long I see something I just have to paint that I can vow. 
Keep painting! Finish strong! Green is best!

Jeez, am I behind schedule or what? Should've completed my first vow by now but I'm at most maybe 1/3 there. Don't have enough energy for two hobbies at once, despite having plenty of time.

Jeez, am I behind schedule or what? Should've completed my first vow by now but I'm at most maybe 1/3 there. Don't have enough energy for two hobbies at once, despite having plenty of time.

Still got me beat. I'm just going to be starting mine this week. Still, for our small group of contributors, we're just going to have to focus on completing everything each!

Still got me beat. I'm just going to be starting mine this week. Still, for our small group of contributors, we're just going to have to focus on completing everything each!

All I can do is encourage you both to keep up the good fight...Orks like to fight so you should both be ok. 

Seriously just plan you time do what you feel up to and have fun with it. It's suppose to be fun after all. And Paint to the standard you are happy with! 

I'm looking around for something interesting to Vow as now the rumors push the codex out till December (but never know.) 

Just complete you work even if it takes all the time available, doesn't matter how many Vows are sworn so long as they get done. 

(That was meant to sound inspirational... :teehee: )

Yep! I'm not behind any schedule I've set, as I wasn't planning to start Orks till next week (so, I'm a week early!). I actually put paint in the airbrush today and sprayed my first layers! And then my son woke up early and put a stop to my quick session. :P

I'll be damned if I let Semper post three times in a row, days apart.

I've started work on the Mek Gun. I was enamored with the kits when assembling it, and I love it more while painting it. I've come to not mind the high price tag for the kit. It's just such a cool looking piece. Hope to have it finished by Thursday, and the grot gunners before the weekend is out.

Have the Warboss assembled, ready for priming, and am planning on getting the boyz unit ready tonight. I predict I'll have my vow done in the next couple of weeks.

As mentioned in my thread, working on the Trukk. It's so windy outside today that I think I'm skipping driving the RC truck to get the damn ork trukk done :tongue.: It's in a fairly good state, biggest effort remaining is the ork krew.

That still leaves me with the Burna-Bommer, Battlewagon, Ghazghkull, biker nob and five foot nobz from my current vow. Ugh. Might try to get a nob or two done today as well, and hopefully at least everything but the vehicles before next week. Or maybe I'll get inspired to do the Battlewagon instead of the nobs/Ghaz, who knows - I'm fickle like that. But I reckon I'll try my best to get the vow done before the next weekly update. Weather forecast is indicating a few rainy days within the next week and as such no going outside for those days, so who knows, I might actually make it (dream on, lazy-butt! :laugh.:).

Doesn't look like I'll be finishing the trukk before bed, ended up wasting 6 hours researching headphones :down: And then ran into problems with the model, spending probably an hour trying to get the driver into the cockpit. I'll certainly have to assemble the next trukk differently, building the cockpit around the driver rather than trying to crunch the driver into an already built cockpit. Even after said effort I couldn't get the driver's "wheel" into place so in true orkish fashion I now have a drive going "Oy boyz, da stinkin' kruise kontrol came loose!" while holding the apparatus in one hand other than the second stick... :teehee:

Archived