Captain Semper

I am pleased o report that my second Vow is complete!

ETL Update.

Second Vow Complete!
Here are the pictures and I will try for a group picture when I can but I may hold off and do that at the end of this ETL season. 

Killa Kan

Before

0603180706.jpg

After

0608180639.jpg

Nobz

Before

0602181514a.jpg

After

0608181535.jpg 0608181536.jpg

Runtherd

Before

0602181514.jpg

After

0608181533.jpg

Shoota Boys

Before

0602181521.jpg

After

0621181312.jpg

Storm Boys

Before

Were in a box. I guess I forgot to take a picture. Sorry.

After

Picture%2B72.jpg Picture%2B73.jpg

Warkopta 1

Before

0602181515.jpg

After

Picture%2B76.jpg

Warkopta 2

Before

0602181515a.jpg

After

Picture%2B80.jpg

Here's a link to my blog posts with all the pictures from this second vow. 

Second Vow part 1

Second vow part 2

WAAAAGH! GorGak! Victorious!

Warhead, carrying the forum! Work continues on my vow, and I'm sure, 100%, it will be complete. A lot of travel for my family and I this summer, and being a stay at home dad leaves lots of time for video games, but no so much time for painting.

Most likely not gonna make it in time for the next weekly update as especially the Battlewagon will be a lot of work. But have to make it for the one after that. Or else you can feed me to the squigs! I have to get a second vow done at least, though I'm not sure what I'll vow for it now that I've again demonstrated my utmost inability to keep up the intended pace. I was supposed to have painted 55 models by now, and I've done what, 10, with two more about 2/3 done?  :down: Since I have 4 vows left to use I'll probably make single-unit vows for the remainder of the event. Another set of 3 killa kans and the deff dread might be the easiest points-for-effort units I have left after the current vow. And the ancient painboy, I guess.

You lot just keep at it! 

We have 30ish days till it over...ends 1 August right?  I may vow one more time but I have to find something I am interested to pain and that I have the time to complete.(Some real world work just came up that has to be done.) 
If we remember next year... I think it would be amazing if all of us just vow one single model at the start to carry us in to the second or third week at 100 percent complete and then just do what ever we want. I wish we had made a plan before we all got started this year. Oh well. lol.
It's all for fun so don't worry about anything past what your working on and enjoy what your painting! 

100% is the goal! I want Semper to type in next year's lead up post that the Orks were small but devoted, with a perfect 100% completion.

I took a break from the Weirdboy to start doing the skin of the Boyz. This squad is acting as a test run of using my airbrush, and the 10 boyz will have 5 different skin tones across them. Got the base coat done tonight, and I hope to knock the rest of the skin out tomorrow. Hopefully all five skin tones will look good, but I'll definitely learn from the experience. Worst case scenario, you won't be able to pick out the bad ones when there's 120 boyz running up the table at you!

Keep it up lads!

100% is the goal! I want Semper to type in next year's lead up post that the Orks were small but devoted, with a perfect 100% completion.

I would like that very much too! Especially as next year there will be a brand new Codex out there (possibly new minis too!)

You will go down in history as the most dedicated bunch - the only Xenos with no Codex at the time of the ETL and yet you managed to compete your pledges to 100%. Next year people will look up to you for inspiration and guidance. If you get that 100% that is...

;)

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I warhead01 do vow to build and paint one fully kited Stompa weighing in at 973 points. It will be done on or before 1 Aug 2018. Or we will have the badge of shame for a year!

(No funny business this time around I can't think of anything interesting to say.)

Before.

med_gallery_3442_13347_78144.jpg

The story.

I think this may actually be the second Stompa of the 2 I have built over the years. I was thinking to vow the kit I still have in the box but don't know if I have the time or energy to build it. This one fell off a shelf a over a year ago and broke. I have all the parts that need to be reassembled and reattached. Basically this model was base coated and never went beyond that so I plan to kick this up a notch and get this one to look as cool as my Killa Kans and Dreads. There is a lot left to do and my color pallet had grown over these last few years so I plan to spice this monster up!

This will be a bit of work and I am giving myself 2 week to get it done, I have stuff going on around the house.

I wish I had a Stompa. It's a cool model, more so with a FW head, and for ETL it'd be easy points! Can't really justify it since it's a bit much for games of 2k or less that we play here, though. And doesn't help that it is only sold by GW direct these days, and thus expensive.

I wish I had a Stompa. It's a cool model, more so with a FW head, and for ETL it'd be easy points! Can't really justify it since it's a bit much for games of 2k or less that we play here, though. And doesn't help that it is only sold by GW direct these days, and thus expensive.

Easy points indeed! lol

The last one I bought was only $86.00 usd from Ebay (nib

I have yet to play a game larger than 2000 points this edition. I would like to with some of my friends but they aren't playing 8th just 30K. (so much for that right now.) 

I found even at full price it was the most points you could buy for the cost. 

This is probably my last vow for the season too so I'll go out with a bang.

At least in my color scheme it'd be easy points! :P I'd paint it much faster than I would a five-man infantry squad, though of course assembly would take quite a bit longer.

My next vow's probably gonna be the Deff Dread. Not quite a Stompa, is it. I'm undecided on the additional Killa Kans, they'd be reasonably easy points too but I don't really know if I'm ever going to field more than 3 simultaneously? I'd really need to sell off some excess models and in terms of orks there are still a few units I want, fielding which would leave even less room for more Kans.

Cool!

They start at 131 points with the standard loadout. But can get up there. I have used 3 in a list and they did very well. Killing one of those Nu-Marine dreads and a Librarian. It exploded ! KA-CHOOM! !!

We're on the clock not not a whole lot of time left this season. Keep on painting!

Great to see you keep vowing warhead! However I would like to see the remaining three Ork Bosses reporting a completion soon - we are already in Week 10!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great to see you keep vowing warhead! However I would like to see the remaining three Ork Bosses reporting a completion soon - we are already in Week 10!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sure, sure. haha.  I read that like your telling me to make them report!  lol

Alright you gitz Sound off! Holla if you hear me! WAAAAAAAAGH! 

:biggrin.:

I think we'd all worry a bit less if Trask would check in.... 

It seems to be in the hands of the Green Skinded Godz right now. 

I'm still on target for a completion by Tuesday before weekly update cutoff. Got a late start today but still managed to do the "chassis" of the battlewagon and bommer. Just need the weaponry, crew and such. Then the first vow would be accounted for.

Nothing for me this weekend. Sudden heat spike caught us off-guard, and I spent all my free time making sure my infant son was comfortable. Probably overprotective, but hey, I'm learning :P

I'm still sure I'll finish my vow before the end, but I'm sad I won't get a chance to vow some more. After doing the mek gun, I'm confident I can knock out vehicles faster than I can do infantry, but c'est la vie.

Haha, Just keep hammering away!  

I've made a fair amutn of progress on the Stompas body and started the head last night. The Smoke stacks always seem strange to paint to me because I want them really filthy. So I am trying to decide about them still. Likely I'll just do some metal scratches in spots and a heavy black wash. Keepin' it minimalistic. 

My gle bottle has taken some kind of damage and now I am reduced to putting glue on parts with a bent airbrush needle so rebuilding the broken arms and kannons should be slow going. Haven't even started that yet...  Loads of time still lol.

Jeez, another setback when the spray ran out and three other bottles just wouldn't work. Bought a new one but If I can't get these done now before my new RC radio arrives tomorrow afternoon, I'll miss the deadline because I'll be out flying :tongue.: The damned big shoota gunners are by far the biggest thing yet to be done, there's three of the buggers and usually an infantry model takes me at least 2 hours. Pfft. Like I said, I gotta learn not to vow these cheap but bothersome to paint upgrades :tongue.:

Wuz dis 'umie dink he gun tells us wat we be doin'? :p

Got distracted by other things, it's gonna be a close call or a long a night. Depends on what time tomorrow the cutoff ends up being too, I guess.

Archived