Captain Semper

Oh yes, very happy, very happy indeed! Congratulations tvih, an excellent and timely completion! :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE 12th WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE FINAL SCORE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hehe. They indeed ended up being quite Goff-like, even if they're technically a "custom". Although speaking of Goffs I realize now that the one actual Goff I did for this vow, Ghazghkull, is in fact missing from the shot :whistling:

Good job tvih!

Just me and the guy we haven't seen since his vow. Don't worry, I'll get mine done, though it will be just days before the deadline. Got a little work done today, and more importantly, moved my painting into the one room in my place that I can actually keep cool. So that'll give me some incremental work done to go with the painting sessions I can do on weekends.

Vow complete.

Here's a link to a lot of pictures on my blog.

And a few pictures of the finished Meka dread.

Picture%2B87.jpg Picture%2B88.jpg

It didn't take very long but I also have a lot of time available to paint. 
I don't know why but these last two pictures are not the actual size. they are much bigger in the blog post. 
Sorry about that.

Just a few days left! WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Just finished the shirts for the boyz. That just leaves leather, metallics, highlighting the most obvious features, and a wash. Then the weirdboy, who I believe just needs metallics and a wash.

Of all the reasons not to make a second vow..! I have no less than three hobby knives. Can't find a single one of 'em to clean up the arms of the deff dread so that I could vow and paint it. Getting too late and probably won't have time to do it tomorrow even if I found the darn things :wallbash:

And I call my vow complete! A warboss, 10 boyz with nob, a Weirdboy, and a Mek Gun finished in the nick of time!

Weirdboy and Boyz

Warboss Table-top

Mek Gun 1 Total

I'll be doing a post-mortem on my experiences with this ETL in my WiP thread. I certainly had hoped to complete more, and do what I did do better, but I'm still happy to have contributed to the Ork forum and especially happy to more models ready for the table-top.

I'll take a better, group photo at some point.

Good job gettin done! 
I know it's been difficult but you did it! 

I think we will do a bit better next year after this years experience.  

If Our last boss shows up and drops in a completed vow it'll be a happy way to end this season. I PM's him but nothing, so I guess he is just away. 
Ho well we do what we can. 

Of all the reasons not to make a second vow..! I have no less than three hobby knives. Can't find a single one of 'em to clean up the arms of the deff dread so that I could vow and paint it. Getting too late and probably won't have time to do it tomorrow even if I found the darn things :wallbash:

You'd be more of a mad man than me. I wouldn't think about doing an overnight vow this late in the game....It's a sure fire way to be struck by lightning! 

Oh, ya.

Before I forget. 

WAAAAAAAAAAGH! da completed vows!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 

We earned it!

You'd be more of a mad man than me. I wouldn't think about doing an overnight vow this late in the game....It's a sure fire way to be struck by lightning! 

Well I would've started on it earlier if I had found the knife. Plus the deff dread is fairly fast to paint with my scheme, should've only take a couple of hours. But not gonna mess with any vows now, it wouldn't make a difference to the final results anyway. And regardless, at least I got more done for this ETL than I did the three previous one put together. Still a loooong ways off from my initial goal as well from having a playable ork force. Summer is good for doing spray basecoats on the balcony, but not so much for the paintbrush part of things - especially a summer that is nothing but one big heatwave! :tongue.:

Archived