Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Orks Outpost+++

ETL VI ETL E Tenebrae Lux E Tenebrae Lux VI

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,710 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars / Crimson Fists

I guess even if people do have some orks, with being able to only vow for one faction they might've chosen something else instead. Not too many "I only have orks" or even "primary ork player" people in B&C yet I'd imagine!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Maybe. I will certainly be analysing the results of this ETL in detail (including possibly public discussion) and try to establish some conclusions that may prove useful in the future ETLs. :)

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

I guess even if people do have some orks, with being able to only vow for one faction they might've chosen something else instead. Not too many "I only have orks" or even "primary ork player" people in B&C yet I'd imagine!

Probably so. 
This place will fill up when the new codex drops. Just like the IG forum did. 1000 new voices all yelling as loudly as possible. lol It'll be a riot. get it.. a riot. 

• Captain Semper likes this

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,722 posts

Honestly, I think Ork faction not vowing as much has a lot to do with our codex not being out yet.  It's why I'm likely not vowing anything for this ETL unfortunately.  We don't know what units are actually going to be worth fielding, if we are getting any new kits, etc.  Only way to really put up vows right now is to paint things that are unlikely to change, or to magnetize a lot of stuff, which is a lot of work. 

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
Or just make vows for stuff that looks cool! My philosophy is that rules will always change but a cool model will always look cool.

I’d make a vow but my hobby time is so inconsistent that I wouldn’t even give it a 50/50 shot of being completed.

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

Honestly, I think Ork faction not vowing as much has a lot to do with our codex not being out yet.  It's why I'm likely not vowing anything for this ETL unfortunately.  We don't know what units are actually going to be worth fielding, if we are getting any new kits, etc.  Only way to really put up vows right now is to paint things that are unlikely to change, or to magnetize a lot of stuff, which is a lot of work. 

I guess thats something new players think about. I've been collecting orks for a very very long time. 

I feel a little bad for people who worry about the is this good to field line of thinking. 
In my own opinion everything in the index is a wonderful step up from the past several editions. But I get it, people have to spend their money how they see it is best for them. 

Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts
Ok guys, these are valid points but let’s leave this discussion for now and pick it up again after the ETL is over.

For now let’s use this thread for vows, updates and completions. Despite everything I’d love to see some Greenskin action especially given the relatively high average vow. It means you can afford some lower value points and join the fun! :)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts

ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 2 UPDATE

toaae

toaae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels

We need moar ORKS!

Come on people, you know you've always wanted an Ork army! The Start Collecting! kit would be be an excellent first vow! Join the WAAAAGH!!!

My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread

ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,710 posts

I just realized I vowed 3 klaws for my bikers but already painted one with a big choppa. Guess I gotta paint an additional severed limb :P (That's what I get for not magnetizing things for once!)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts
Nah, “count-as” man... unless of course you want to paint it! :)

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

After three long weeks I'm finally finished! 

VOW 1  Complete!

I'm taking some time now to do a few other Ork related things. I'd vow my bases but sadly they aren't a unit entry, just something for models to stand on. haha. 

Hopefully in a few days or however long I see something I just have to paint that I can vow. 
Keep painting! Finish strong! Green is best!

• toaae and Brother Casman like this

Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts

Well done Warhead01, fantastic work - it definitely helps me visualise what a Waaaagh would look like... :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• Warhead01 likes this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,710 posts

Jeez, am I behind schedule or what? Should've completed my first vow by now but I'm at most maybe 1/3 there. Don't have enough energy for two hobbies at once, despite having plenty of time.

• Warhead01 likes this

toaae

toaae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts

Jeez, am I behind schedule or what? Should've completed my first vow by now but I'm at most maybe 1/3 there. Don't have enough energy for two hobbies at once, despite having plenty of time.

Still got me beat. I'm just going to be starting mine this week. Still, for our small group of contributors, we're just going to have to focus on completing everything each!

• Warhead01 likes this

My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

Still got me beat. I'm just going to be starting mine this week. Still, for our small group of contributors, we're just going to have to focus on completing everything each!

All I can do is encourage you both to keep up the good fight...Orks like to fight so you should both be ok. 
Seriously just plan you time do what you feel up to and have fun with it. It's suppose to be fun after all. And Paint to the standard you are happy with! 

I'm looking around for something interesting to Vow as now the rumors push the codex out till December (but never know.) 

Just complete you work even if it takes all the time available, doesn't matter how many Vows are sworn so long as they get done. 
(That was meant to sound inspirational... teehee.gif )

Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

toaae

toaae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts

Yep! I'm not behind any schedule I've set, as I wasn't planning to start Orks till next week (so, I'm a week early!). I actually put paint in the airbrush today and sprayed my first layers! And then my son woke up early and put a stop to my quick session. :P

• Warhead01 and Captain Semper like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 12,312 posts

ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 3 UPDATE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VI, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux, E Tenebrae Lux VI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users