Great work Elmo (whats new :laugh.: )

I'm Plodding along too...weather was too average for undercoating my Breacher squad (finally got them all cleaned up and ready:biggrin.: ) so i put together part of my next vow...

a quad missile commander (inspired by two other frater's work - Triszin for the missile launcher conversion and Jud Cottrel for making the quad crisis in the first place)

i had to roughly make a copy of the New Necromunda base (they don't come in 50mm) as my whole army will be based on them(the painted one is the armies bases colour) and i want them all to look uniform.

XV8-Commander -

med_gallery_9146_583_130271.jpgmed_gallery_9146_583_441255.jpg

And the base -

med_gallery_9146_583_275676.jpg

*Lets hope it looks better painted :tongue.:

cheers, Mithril

greetings, new to the board, seen it a few times finally registered (though that took a few days to get it approved).

Anyways, trying to get this up so I can start working on the painting.

I Kora'tau rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tau, and vow to complete one xv86 commander, one Xv95 Ghostkeel, and 2x 5 strong pathfinder teams (exact list listed below) for a total value of 477 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

med_gallery_108267_14603_17885.jpg

So got the image finally uploaded and figured out my workaround to access the gallery. Had to create an album first under settings. Also had to change browsers because the one I was using wouldn't let me upload it. Oh the joys of working with the internet.

The following is gear and points of what I am planning to paint.

XV86 coldstar commander, with high output burst cannon, missle pod, shield generator, and advanced targeting system, and one shield drone (164)

XV95 Ghostkeel with 2 fusion guns, 1 cyclic ion raker, shield generator (which I still have to prime and add to the model), and 2 stealth drones (191)

2 x 5 strong pathfinder squads, one with rail rfile and MV31 pulse accelerator drone (70), and the other with an ion rifle upgrade (52)

I plan to add more vows once done, but as of right now, this is all I have for my tau, as I have more stuff to assemble in the coming weeks and more planned to buy in the near future. As for color scheme, I am still working on that and will create a separate thread for the works in progress. Again waiting on the gallery to show so I can upload, as my account was just validated this evening. I will also probably work on a new avatar as I am using one I found online, but have an idea for a better one that I may have to work out art wise myself.

thank you, its also all I have at the moment.  I will have a riptide and start collecting box by the weekend, and a friend just offered me some second hand stuff, like hammer heads, a devilfish, more suits, and firewarriors, old stuff, but I can refurbish some of it easy enough.   So mostly just starting with what I got, just still can't use the gallery so may need to find another way to upload a pic.

Welcome to the party Ser Coffee and Kora'tau.

May the Ethereals honour you for your commitment to The Greater Good.

@ mithrilforge - interesting... very, very interesting  - does the Earth Caste know what you have been up to ? ;)

greetings, new to the board, seen it a few times finally registered (though that took a few days to get it approved). 

I Kora'tau rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tau, and vow to complete one xv86 commander, one Xv95 Ghostkeel, and 2x 5 strong pathfinder teams (exact list listed below) for a total value of 477 points on or before August 1st, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

So got the image finally uploaded and figured out my workaround to access the gallery.  Had to create an album first under settings.  Also had to change browsers because the one I was using wouldn't let me upload it.   Oh the joys of working with the internet.  

XV86 coldstar commander, with high output burst cannon, missle pod, shield generator, and advanced targeting system, and one shield drone (164)

XV95 Ghostkeel with 2 fusion guns, 1 cyclic ion raker, shield generator (which I still have to prime and add to the model), and 2 stealth drones (191)

2 x 5 strong pathfinder squads, one with rail rfile and MV31 pulse accelerator drone (70), and the other with an ion rifle upgrade (52)

I plan to add more vows once done, but as of right now, this is all I have for my tau, as I have more stuff to assemble in the coming weeks and more planned to buy in the near future.   As for color scheme, I am still working on that and will create a separate thread for the works in progress.   Again waiting on the gallery to show so I can upload, as my account was just validated this evening.    I will also probably work on a new avatar as I am using one I found online, but have an idea for a better one that I may have to work out art wise myself. 

Welcome Kora'tau to both the B&C and the ETL! A great vow there - and a promise for a follow-up too! :o Good to see you worked your way around the B&C galleries - feel free to ask any questions and have a nice time! :tu:

Belated pledge, but here goes:

I, Ser Coffee of House Grunt, do hereby pledge to complete the below pair of Broadsides of points value 262pts. (SMS, HRR, Target Lock.)

Hey Cofee, you left the Guard and turned Xenos? What is the world coming to? :P Good luck mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Kora'tau rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tau, and vow to complete one xv86 commander, one Xv95 Ghostkeel, and 2x 5 strong pathfinder teams (exact list listed below) for a total value of 477 points on or before August 1st, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

So got the image finally uploaded and figured out my workaround to access the gallery.  Had to create an album first under settings.  Also had to change browsers because the one I was using wouldn't let me upload it.   Oh the joys of working with the internet.  

XV86 coldstar commander, with high output burst cannon, missle pod, shield generator, and advanced targeting system, and one shield drone (164)

I plan to add more vows once done, but as of right now, this is all I have for my tau, as I have more stuff to assemble in the coming weeks and more planned to buy in the near future.   As for color scheme, I am still working on that and will create a separate thread for the works in progress.   Again waiting on the gallery to show so I can upload, as my account was just validated this evening.    I will also probably work on a new avatar as I am using one I found online, but have an idea for a better one that I may have to work out art wise myself. 

Welcome Kora'tau to both the B&C and the ETL! A great vow there - and a promise for a follow-up too! :ohmy.: Good to see you worked your way around the B&C galleries - feel free to ask any questions and have a nice time! :thumbsup:

Belated pledge, but here goes:

I, Ser Coffee of House Grunt, do hereby pledge to complete the below pair of Broadsides of points value 262pts. (SMS, HRR, Target Lock.)

Hey Cofee, you left the Guard and turned Xenos? What is the world coming to? :tongue.: Good luck mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

COffe grunt follows the coffee. The great good coffee

One week after my vow and the Broadside is at the basing stage, with only a few highlights left before I call it complete. Shas'o R'myr and XV84 are basecoated, and the XV81 is doing well too. Currently well on track to complete the vow by mid-June.

On a different note I'm taking the Ravenwing out for a spin tonight against the World Eaters. Wish me luck! :wink:

So the blue-faced Xenos claim to have good coffee? Big statement there as we all know, nothing beats the Guard's coffee! :ph34r.:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So the blue-faced Xenos claim to have good coffee? Big statement there as we all know, nothing beats the Guard's coffee! :ph34r.:

But we have Pech'Caffe: a coffee twice as powerful as the strongest espresso known to man, originally only drunk by Kroot warriors...

and Shrimp tail buffets ;)

Almost done...

Jo4AWyAl.jpg

6jnPEKFl.jpg

QjSwZ0nl.jpg

oHXKkQfl.jpgAzRe0fWl.jpg

So many details I want to clean up! But the desire to bring some Greater Good with this beast is overwhelming! The hex kill markers worked amazing!

Awesome work Vay :wub:

the hex kill markings are sweet and look well suited to the t'au feel. the Ethereal -honoured Aun phree'peo is cool :biggrin.:

@Jud- great drones

@R'alai- that looks great, nice grey and the clusters contrast well 

mithril

@R'alai - wow super smooth and so neat,i love the clean crisp look and i like the Lil' Buddy he's got :wub:  

Oh it's not a Tuna! ...it's a Mako :devil:

i can't wait to see this Mega Mech in all it's finished glory!! 

Cheers,Mithril

Base Coats, New Pattern, Weathering, and good start on Vow 1!

xx3ozMRm.jpg

UOfrJ4bm.jpg

Awesome work, 

Slightly embarrassed that  you're going to complete in less than three months what its taken me 10 years to get round to!!!!!

Cheers,

Valaas

got scorch primed, got his drones assembled, going to prime my fireblade and drones today/tomorrow.

will take pictures of it soon.

got more modeled on my riptide hoping I can get him primed within the month, while painting scorch and fireblade

I now declare the first 2 XV9s complete and plan to have the 3rd XV9 and XV88-2 done by the end of next week...

Progress is slow fellow Shas :(

gallery_62353_13282_84131.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_105181.jpg

More photos in my Tau WIP thread (link in sig)

Archived