So happy to be a part of this community. Y'all are way to kind. Feel free to give me tips and suggestions. So I was able to complete the Fusion Eradicator (I still have to matte varnish it).

Enjoy:

gallery_106282_14471_162583.jpg

I never really liked the model Till now.

you've done an excellent job.

May his ankles forever be strong.

Amazing work R'alai! You're putting humble painters like me to shame!

~

After some frustration with my Army Painter rattle can, I've given up and purchased an airbrush for priming/basecoating. Unfortunately some of my airbrush paints I ordered to go with it have gotten held up in shipment, so I'm still waiting on the paints I want to basecoat my armor with.

In the meantime, here's some quick WIP photos. Got some cleaning up (which I noticed taking photos) and basing to do.

med_gallery_104051_14569_47283.jpg

med_gallery_104051_14569_548569.jpg

Very nice Melete! The icy blue goes well with the red. 

Well I've finished my first vow!!!

The Kroot are finished for now so I have to wait for reinforcements.

Here's the last part of my vow:

42681066971_f4eb9f20e7_c.jpgTau Empire Kroot Carnivores 

I've now completed 427pts! I'll probably go for a couple of big ticket items next  (NOT Shas'o R'alai or Vay big though I'm afraid!)

There is so much good going on here I can't believe it... it does not really matter where we come in the final result as the work put in is outstanding

A big well done to everyone :thumbsup:

@Shas O R'alai - Here you go

gallery_62353_13282_7196.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_88220.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_125032.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_126184.jpg

Bit blurry as the lighting is not very good - would not fit into my photo booth :(

Facmanpob reporting in for the Greater Good. Vow Complete!!!!! :biggrin.:

med_gallery_60357_14577_23615.jpeg

med_gallery_60357_14577_87943.jpg

med_gallery_60357_14577_17614.jpg

med_gallery_60357_14577_388008.jpeg

2nd vow inbound shortly....

There is so much good going on here I can't believe it... it does not really matter where we come in the final result as the work put in is outstanding

A big well done to everyone :thumbsup:

So much greater good, you mean! ;)

2nd vow:

I facmanpob rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete a Coldstar Commander of total value 163 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_60357_14577_239553.jpg

right on, now i feel bad not completing a single model yet for my vow, but the assembly distraction is almost at an end.   @facmanpob interesting color scheme, I do rather like the green sand bags, as it adds a good complimentary color to the red and creates balance to the figures and color scheme. 

@elmo man that forgeworld kit is HUGE, and makes the other one look small, whats even more interesting is knowing just how small fire warriors are to the stormsurge.   Man I wish I could get my hands on one of those forgeworld kits but my wife had a fit when I bought a sicaran once, and spent that much into a single kit.   Guess there is a reason I keep most of my hobby expenses off her radar, cause I would be heading for a divorce if I bought one of those big guys.  

right on, now i feel bad not completing a single model yet for my vow, but the assembly distraction is almost at an end.   @facmanpob interesting color scheme, I do rather like the green sand bags, as it adds a good complimentary color to the red and creates balance to the figures and color scheme. 

@elmo man that forgeworld kit is HUGE, and makes the other one look small, whats even more interesting is knowing just how small fire warriors are to the stormsurge.   Man I wish I could get my hands on one of those forgeworld kits but my wife had a fit when I bought a sicaran once, and spent that much into a single kit.   Guess there is a reason I keep most of my hobby expenses off her radar, cause I would be heading for a divorce if I bought one of those big guys.  

I havent started painting mine. I till have one more to finish building.

Yes elmo, most definitely a lot of "Greater Good" is happening here,

On this page alone from Ra'lai to Jud Cottrell and then all the way down to Facmanpob, it's all excellent work :wub:  it would be a pleasure and i'd gladly play opposite armies of this calibre...that's what makes up most of the fun of a 40k game...not cheesy win at all costs list but fully painted beautiful armies where people cared about what they made/painted and share a common bond with the player across from them in the fact that they love this game and the visual display of their army is as much for their opponents enjoyment as it is for their own and the pride in what they created...

well done to all that are painting units and even new armies for this the ETL-VI 

you have sparked enthusiasm in me with all your efforts :thumbsup: 

Cheers, Mithril  

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks guys!

So.... I just ordered 2 sets of these for my flyers. Going to have the digital camo on the Barracuda AX-5-2, Tigershark AX-1-0 and the DX-6 Remora!!

gallery_106282_14471_21354.jpeg

!!ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL!!

let me know how these work out.

I'm curious about em

@shas O R'alai - are they the sticky airbrush decals from fallout hobbies?... i got a Hex one from them...for future T'AU vehicles.

it's going to be a bit of work but boy i reckon you'll knock em out of the park when they're done :thumbsup:

of more interest ...i see you have some Vior'la T'AU hiding up in the shelves above your new stuff( if you have any could you pm me a few pics of your stuff?...i'm looking for inspiration for my Vior'la :tongue.:).

cheers, Mithril

haha if only paramedics had some insta-cure in their kit :wink: ... i hope you didn't take the wrong bag out in the vehicle...quick we need a...wha ?!?... a barracuda wing? :unsure.:

Mithril

Archived