Thanks guys!

So.... I just ordered 2 sets of these for my flyers. Going to have the digital camo on the Barracuda AX-5-2, Tigershark AX-1-0 and the DX-6 Remora!!

gallery_106282_14471_21354.jpeg

!!ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL!!

This is most interesting - can't wait for digital camo in the large surfaces of the Tau flyers... Airbrush I assume?

Thanks guys!

So.... I just ordered 2 sets of these for my flyers. Going to have the digital camo on the Barracuda AX-5-2, Tigershark AX-1-0 and the DX-6 Remora!!

gallery_106282_14471_21354.jpeg

!!ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL!!

This is most interesting - can't wait for digital camo in the large surfaces of the Tau flyers... Airbrush I assume?

Oh absolutely. The airbrush is the only way haha. I can’t wait to do it!

Glory to the ETL! May it reforge us a new! Only the best for the ETL!

No photos this weekend but a written update...

I have been working on 3 x old style XV8 suits and, as usual, have been painting them in sections.

So far the legs, arms, feet and heads are done less weathering and the torso is dark green with brown patches and just needs the light green patches and detailing then the bases.

All in all they should be done by Wednesday which is half the time required to do 2 x XV9s so I am catching up to the original expected completion date. Only another 6 to do...

I may be able to slip in a Hammerhead or 2 before the August deadline ;)

Quick update - 2nd vow (Coldstar) almost complete, just the head to do. Started looking through the building instructions for my 3rd vow last night (Ghostkeel).

Aaaand, vow 2 complete! Lousy picture though, the colours are much more vivid irl...

gallery_60357_14577_39844.jpg

Wow!, so your going for a Shockwave kinda look ?... :cool.:

med_gallery_9146_583_7607.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Hehe, you're the second person in 2 days to say that to me! I actually hadn't planned it, but maybe some forgotten memory from my childhood was working on me? A little voice saying "purple, you want to paint it purple!" :biggrin.:

I'm now wondering if I have to paint my next battlesuit in the same colour scheme as Starscream...

Hehe, you're the second person in 2 days to say that to me! I actually hadn't planned it, but maybe some forgotten memory from my childhood was working on me? A little voice saying "purple, you want to paint it purple!" :biggrin.:

I'm now wondering if I have to paint my next battlesuit in the same colour scheme as Starscream...

Nooooo...Starscream was a whiny noob :facepalm: go with old school Megatron... and use white, greys and black :cool.:

med_gallery_9146_583_28018.jpg

just a jokey suggestion,paint whoever you want really :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril

Nooooo...Starscream was a whiny noob :facepalm:  go with old school Megatron...  and use white, greys and black :cool.:  

just a jokey suggestion,paint whoever you want really :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril

Who says my Tau can't be whiny noobs? :wink:

My next vow is a Ghostkeel, so actually a Megatron style colour scheme wouldn't be amiss.... will have to ponder :P

Well based on what you've done so far it's going to rock whatever scheme you choose!
I guess t'au can be whiny noobs sometimes...
Awww... do I have to?, 'yes shas' o it's for the greater good!, now go to bed'
Cheers, Mithril

Gee, looking at your "Shockwave" almost makes me want to do one :sweat: ...:laugh.:

Great addition to Helping one's hobby, i really need to get a good pair like those :thumbsup:

whats the Magnification on those ?...

Cheers, Mithril

What's wrong with good old reading glasses, besides making you look old? :wink: 

Those with just magnification are really cheap, and in every supermarket around here. I've been using reading glasses for a decade now, because of close-range double vision, and they definitely help painting.

Great addition to Helping one's hobby, i really need to get a good pair like those :thumbsup:

whats the Magnification on those ?...

Cheers, Mithril

What's wrong with good old reading glasses, besides making you look old? :wink:

Those with just magnification are really cheap, and in every supermarket around here. I've been using reading glasses for a decade now, because of close-range double vision, and they definitely help painting.

Funny you say that, but the reading glasses i use when i paint etc just cracked at the rim bottom and the lens falls out...:dry.:

I'm guessing lenses don't fall out with those modellers visors :happy.:  i might as well get the funky ones now if im forking out some more cashola !

my local scale model superstore has a decent pair and i think i'll take the plunge :biggrin.:  

Cheers, Mithril 

Shas O R'alai... :jawdrop: you can stop now... you are embarrassing me ;)

All I managed to do was 3 old style Crisis...

gallery_62353_13282_33729.jpg

The weapons will be added later.
The arms are from Shapeways and the heads are a mixture of XV9 and XV8.

Hi Cap,

just looking at the OP in the thread and my 2nd vow isn't marked as complete yet. Just thought I'd let you know it is complete and the photo is in post 208 above :smile.:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346743-tau-outpost/?p=5107490

Sorry facmanpob - took care of it - should be OK now. Thanks for the heads up!

XV95 Ghostkeel is almost done! (I forgot to paint the spheres that hold the weapons or else

It would be completed :biggrin.:)

Enjoy!

Hidden Content

gallery_106282_14471_14741.jpeg

gallery_106282_14471_84500.jpeg

gallery_106282_14471_106586.jpeg

med_gallery_106282_14471_96318.jpeg

med_gallery_106282_14471_44005.jpeg

med_gallery_106282_14471_12923.jpeg

med_gallery_106282_14471_1043955.jpeg

med_gallery_106282_14471_478433.jpeg

This is a stay on neatness and yellow... Excellent work sir! :yes:

Shas O R'alai... :jawdrop: you can stop now... you are embarrassing me :wink:

All I managed to do was 3 old style Crisis...

Hidden Content

gallery_62353_13282_33729.jpg

The weapons will be added later.
The arms are from Shapeways and the heads are a mixture of XV9 and XV8.

Yeah, I was like, where are the weapons? :lol:

Beautiful work there Elmo - they look amazing - especially when you take a picture of al of them together...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived