I, KhorneHunter57x, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete one TX7 Hammerhead Gunship, armed with one Railgun, two Smart Missile Systems, and two Seeker Missiles, of a total value of 178 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_45382_4545_888413.jpg

Welcome KhorneHunter57x - good to see you joining the Xenos! :woot: Good luck mate!

Few more hours of nose and wing work...

KaKw5ctl.jpg

This Manta is turning out beautifully... Tons of work already done, and tons of it remaining... :ph34r.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Talking about dedication to the greater good! :D This is an amazing feat! Keep going man! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

- Aun'Cha (Ethereal AI Holo-Commander designed by Farsight) might be getting a golden bio robotics body if I can pull it off! He will know so many languages!

- R2D2 Drone might have to be in the front drone rack...

- Wrote FW and asked them to make us some Manta missiles/bombs so the Manta can fly as a "missile destroyer" as per Gothic.

- Repaired an old casting issue with the back infantry ramp... sanding molding and what not...

- Prepping 0131 (base 8 089 - my Manta Number) for the rear panel

- Prepping free hand ANARIS in Tau

- Prepping Hex kill counter for side of pilot area and gunners

- Any must have "aviation" dogma items... about 9 Tau books open right now verifying my placement and designs going forward.

--- FW items are very bare for Mantas...

- Do I add the FW's to the seats? ...  ... ... ... ... Grrr.......

- Mag work started on XV8 fast racks.... also thought of just keeping hte fast racks glued to the suits... Testing required.

- Rear Door mag and sanding

- in the air on internal lighting and design again... just push that over into this mental corner.

Also itching to kill somethings with this bird, need some APOC!

So, as I mentioned in an earlier thread: I'm fairly new to painting, and this current Tau army is the first army I've painted since I returned to the hobby earlier this year after not having played 40k since middle school. I'm very much still learning how to do things. Here's what I've been working on so far:

med_gallery_104051_14569_39421.jpg

Still WIP, but they're most of the way there. On the Fire Warriors, I might touch up the lenses and skin a bit. I just don't trust my skill with edge highlighting quite yet. The Ethereal needs a bit of cleaning and his face and braid finished.

I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, but I hope to get three or four squads finished by the end of the month. Gotta keep grinding!

Nice work there Melete,

if your not confident with edge highlights then washes will be your best friend :wink:

and if the lenses are a hassle you could paint them white or silver and use those gem paints GW released a while back! 

the ethereal is looking very regal !

enjoy your Vacation, but get painting when you get back :biggrin.:

Mithril

Great work everyone :thumbsup:

Vay.... :jawdrop:

I am just plodding along here - :wallbash:

Work progresses on the 3 XV9s and XV88-2 with the torsos being almost complete less a little detailing.

The decals/weathering will come later once the models are fully assembled.

The XV88-2 arms where a little fiddly and took a few tries to get how I wanted... hopefully 1f609.png

I am on a long weekend now so work will progress next week with legs/arms and weapons. Should be on the bases the week after.

gallery_62353_11005_17664.jpg

8149569_f520.jpg

FOR THE GREATER GOOD - JOIN THE ETL!

@ Vay: Amazing work man - this is one of most spectacular models displayed in the B&C and equivalent of the mighty Titans! Keep going! 

@ Melete: They look great - nice colour combo too! :tu:

@ elmo: Great camo work! :woot: This promises to be a very colourful squad! 

Other than some brightening of the torso highlights and finishing the lenses, the main body of the test model is done. I'm still going to be doing greeblies like pouches and ammo strips, but for me those are finishing touches. I've laid the first coat of a bluish tinge onto the rest of the squads cloth segments to start building up the highlights, and I'm happy with how bright the lenses are coming along.

I think I'm going to call these guys the Elemental Guard. I haven't really come up with fluff for them yet, but it's likely going to spill into kill team territory.

pXXS8jK.jpg

NZVheZo.jpg

Fellow Shas of the T'au. As the Gue'vesa S'emp'er has written, it is important to keep our momentum going and to gain new recruits for the Greater Good.

To this end, the Ethereals call on anyone with any forces, no matter how small, to pledge themselves to this great cause and to help bring peace and stability to the galaxy and show all races the benefits of the Greater Good.

Tau'va

Hi all,  great to see everyone making progress!  Motivation for me to keep it up :smile.: 

Here is my progress, the first squad of 3 crisis suits are complete, the 2 for the vow are the individuals below the group shot :smile.:

GVCIH8cl.jpg

:tu:

Beautiful combination of light blue and yellow! And the shading/highlighting is exceptional! Was there any pre-shading involved? Also, bravo for the dynamic posing!

Keep it up man, for the greater good!

Made some progress with armor drybrushing and solid colors. The base layers for the feet and toenails are laid down, and will be built up over another layer or so. Armor highlights came out nicely, and I feel like the gray added some much-needed depth. Once the feet are done, I'll go over the lenses with a solid mithral, then finish up the colors for the lenses over that. The green lenses are going to be primarily what ties these guys in with the rest of my army.

3EB7biz.jpg

0soZN10.jpg

W1DHG55.jpg

Wish me luck for the Greater Good! ;)

I facmanpob rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete 1 x Shas'o R'myr, 1 x XV88 Broadside, 1 x XV81 and 1 x XV84 for a total value of 504 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_60357_14577_13538.jpg

I'll post picks of my vow soon, they are almost finished building. -.-

I decided to add a Cockpit to the riptide(legion), the hatch now opens and closes

:thumbsup:

Beautiful combination of light blue and yellow! And the shading/highlighting is exceptional! Was there any pre-shading involved? Also, bravo for the dynamic posing!

Thanks Cap!  No preshading, just multiple layers!  First black undercoat, then purple, then progressively lighter blue until a final 1:1 mix of blue and white.  Augustus gave me some tips and its been helping immensely. 

Made some progress with armor drybrushing and solid colors. The base layers for the feet and toenails are laid down, and will be built up over another layer or so. Armor highlights came out nicely, and I feel like the gray added some much-needed depth. Once the feet are done, I'll go over the lenses with a solid mithral, then finish up the colors for the lenses over that. The green lenses are going to be primarily what ties these guys in with the rest of my army.

Hidden Content

3EB7biz.jpg

0soZN10.jpg

W1DHG55.jpg

Excellent detailed work on the toes man - that blue is really something... And the highlights really work well... Do you have plans to make the pants a bit contrasting or will everything go for black? I certainly look forward for the green and metal details... :tu:

Wish me luck for the Greater Good! :wink:

I facmanpob rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete 1 x Shas'o R'myr, 1 x XV88 Broadside, 1 x XV81 and 1 x XV84 for a total value of 504 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hidden Content

gallery_60357_14577_13538.jpg

Sorry to lose another Dark Angel lost to the blue Xenos... :P Good luck old friend!

:thumbsup:

Thanks Cap! No preshading, just multiple layers! First black undercoat, then purple, then progressively lighter blue until a final 1:1 mix of blue and white. Augustus gave me some tips and its been helping immensely.

Augustus eh? Well, he gave good advice for a filthy Traitor to the true light of the Emperor (loved by all). *ahem* Carry on Commander, carry, on...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived