Wish me luck for the Greater Good! :wink:

I facmanpob rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete 1 x Shas'o R'myr, 1 x XV88 Broadside, 1 x XV81 and 1 x XV84 for a total value of 504 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hidden Content

gallery_60357_14577_13538.jpg

Sorry to lose another Dark Angel lost to the blue Xenos... :tongue.: Good luck old friend!

Thanks Cap. Just bad timing, that's all. I'm trying to finish off my 2000 point Tau army by the end of the summer, and the ETL is the motivator I need to crack on. I still have a few Dark Angel-y things left to paint, and I'm currently playing Ravenwing on the tabletop, so I'm still Unforgiven at heart! :biggrin.:

Yeah we all have a faction of marine inside us.. But xeno's is so nice as an alternative for painting something different!.
Speaking of which I'm still cleaning up and gluing Breacher squad one together, so many mold lines on em ...im getting antsy cause I'm looking at everyone painting and I want to as well!!

Cheers, Mithril

:eek:

Vay is on fire, yes?  Amazing stuff!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vay keep up the good work!

Don't count me out of the fight. I'm gunning for the tortoise in this race. (I hear you like Titans Captain Semper, the KX139 is between the height of a Warhound and Reaver Titan) Slow and steady :biggrin.:

Rail Cannon is 11 inches for reference:

gallery_106282_14471_19835.jpg

This is why I am so slow.

gallery_106282_14471_35631.jpg

Vay..dude!!! that is amazing! Love the paint scheme and the work youve done with it!  That thing is a beast and im looking forward to seeing your updates.

Shas O R’ala,  Love the rail cannon and the colours youve chosen.  The effort youve put into the 5 layers really is worth it, it really makes it pop!

Thanks, Semper. The cloth will retain the slight blue tint, while the armor retains the gray highlights. This is a SpecOps Breacher unit, and contrasting colors will be in the form of the greeblies going onto the armor: ammo packs, pouches, lenses, stabilizers, wrist screens, etc.

And thank you on the blue! I'm hoping to duplicate the blue from the test model on the two Ethereals when I am able to get to them.

And to everyone else in here, you guys have been amazing to watch! You are doing fantastic work!

Scale... ignore the disorder. I was re-organizing post 8th and I got repeat distracted. Painting the Manta fits in that distraction. (Context, I have everything if you want something to scale off of. On the board are items I have yet to org back into my new scheme on the shelfs behind me.)

... in the shadow of the manta are some stormsurges : P

9BYfdtKh.jpg

Vay keep up the good work!

Don't count me out of the fight. I'm gunning for the tortoise in this race. (I hear you like Titans Captain Semper, the KX139 is between the height of a Warhound and Reaver Titan) Slow and steady :biggrin.:

Rail Cannon is 11 inches for reference:

gallery_106282_14471_19835.jpg

This is why I am so slow.

Rail rifle is awesome...cannot wait to see this done :wub:

gallery_106282_14471_35631.jpg

Gee 5 Layers :sweat: tough job but it looks like time well spent...and i notice your blue hand :eek: you really are T'AU ... :laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

Vay. That thing is huge! You have the army I can only dream of.

HaHaHa...The big question is.... where do you store an army of those proportions?!?....

i love how the Manta has it's own base...which really you could have a small patrol sized game played on it...:eek:

"Capture the Manta Mission"...:tongue.:

Mithril

Wow Vay, are you going to have a paint free holiday after finishing this?... or you could paint another huge model worth lots of points:whistling: ...only if you wanted to :laugh.:

i'd understand if you stopped after this beast is done...it's got  so much detail!! :drool:  i love the lighting effect too ! 

cheers,Mithril 

- Got Aun C'3'Pe'O started. Need to mag his chair

--- Side note, nothing can make you swear like the manta elevator when it catches and you can not shut a 40 LB model that is painted. It works perfect 75% of the time, then it catches on the slides and Grrrrrs...

- Drone R-2D-2 getting started.

Working on LBBC gun systems and mag system for them again.

Almost done....or I can see the ending....

Vay... great work :)

I have been slowly plodding along and am about a week behind schedule already :(

gallery_62353_11005_80417.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_67241.jpg

These 2 need cleaning up, decals, weathering and basing then they will be done. Still only the torsos of the other 2 FW suits done and I am hoping to have them done next week then move onto the XV8s.

Scale... ignore the disorder. I was re-organizing post 8th and I got repeat distracted. Painting the Manta fits in that distraction. (Context, I have everything if you want something to scale off of. On the board are items I have yet to org back into my new scheme on the shelfs behind me.)

... in the shadow of the manta are some stormsurges : P

9BYfdtKh.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't seen anything like that outside GW images... Oh boy...

Seats...ramps...uhg...

DMpwRVcl.jpg

Well, whenever I do the tedious stuff, I think of the money cost... Do I really want to cut corners at this price range? :lol: So I keep going! Looks awesome btw!

Vay... great work :smile.:

I have been slowly plodding along and am about a week behind schedule already :sad.:

gallery_62353_11005_80417.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_67241.jpg

These 2 need cleaning up, decals, weathering and basing then they will be done. Still only the torsos of the other 2 FW suits done and I am hoping to have them done next week then move onto the XV8s.

OK, they look fantastic! What's the blue lighting in the barrels of the second one?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived