@elmo - fantastic! ,great decal work :wub: decals always add that extra oomph to a figure !.

@Jud- Kool Kroot :thumbsup:

And yay...i finally got some spray weather... inside the ventilated storage area at work :tongue.: outside is too cold but inside is just right :thumbsup: so undercoat is down on first vow and parts of 2nd vow too!...better paint vow 1 first though :happy.: .

med_gallery_9146_583_544027.jpg

now i can try and catch up to all the awesome work everyone else is cranking out!!

Cheers, Mithril

Almost done...

Hidden Content

Jo4AWyAl.jpg

6jnPEKFl.jpg

QjSwZ0nl.jpg

oHXKkQfl.jpgAzRe0fWl.jpg

So many details I want to clean up! But the desire to bring some Greater Good with this beast is overwhelming! The hex kill markers worked amazing!

This has turned out awesomely! Will you be doing the seated Fire Warriors too?

Hidden Content

gallery_106282_14471_29658.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_151423.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_66767.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_77322.jpg

The super tuna is really starting to take shape. I can't wait to matte varnish the entire model. I hate the glossy surface but it is essential (any mistake can be easily wiped off!)

Man, I have to tell you, grey and yellow work very well together - and also kudos for choosing what is in my opinion the most challenging colour to work with (yellow that is, not grey - :biggrin.:)

I decided to paint the Kroot Shaper first.
Next up is Darkstrider then 10 more Kroot, then I've achieved my first vow!!

Yeay, Kroot! :thumbsup: Looks great mate: suitably dark and determined! Look fwd for the other 10! :smile.:

NOW THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE RECRUITMENT PERIOD - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

May was a really busy month for me and the family. Having said that, I have no obligations other than completing this PLEDGE!

Enjoy the updates:

31920712_2084481251808941_65730655036763

gallery_106282_14471_134101.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_116065.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_17956.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_95013.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_87033.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_36004.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_44976.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_368681.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_403566.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_120548.jpg

Having an utter blast painting this model tho. Still have to edge highlight all the yellow with yriel and edge highlight all the gray with vallejo cool grey. Then I have to matte varnish all the pieces...... and you all get the picture. I am OCD as a T'au would be.

On a positive note, the Super Tuna is almost done. Should be completed by 6/3/18!

Enjoy!!

Shas'o R'alai, looking forward to the finished product! Great WIP pics!

facmanpob, I really like your desrt style camo, looks great!

I've finished another element of my vow! Darkstrider is finished!

42396307961_2e9c030280_c.jpgTau Empire Darkstrider 

Just 10 Kroot to go and I've finished my first vow!!!

Finally had a chance to make some progress! While I was waiting for arms and backpacks to dry, I got started on one of my Ethereals. Then I kept going cause painting greeblies on Fire Warriors is mind-numbingly boring. So, I experimented with some white and red since I'm going to have a Vior'la detachment of stealth suits.

7C0VfAe.jpg

BZAIzht.jpg

RmxsFhq.jpg

GVC7HTr.jpg

The colors aren't done yet on the ethereal. I still need to finish getting the white and red more evenly distributed, but I think hes going to be bare chested with some shiny equalizers.

Oh, and I managed to get a coat of green on the optics of the breachers. I'll add more coats later, but the silver undercoat brightens the green nicely so far.

Everyone else is coming along nicely, and welcome to the new blood! Let's keep it up!

Oh Facmanpob, very nice,i like the colours indeed and cool basing :thumbsup:

cheers,Mithril

Thanks matey. They are modelled to be attacking an Imperial Guard desert outpost, which matches my Dark Angels successor chapter bases.

42396307961_2e9c030280_c.jpgTau Empire Darkstrider

Thanks, much appreciated. Darkstrider is looking great too!

Great progress everyone!

May was a really busy month for me and the family. Having said that, I have no obligations other than completing this PLEDGE!

Enjoy the updates:

Hidden Content

31920712_2084481251808941_65730655036763

gallery_106282_14471_134101.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_116065.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_17956.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_95013.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_87033.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_36004.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_44976.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_368681.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_403566.jpg

gallery_106282_14471_120548.jpg

Having an utter blast painting this model tho. Still have to edge highlight all the yellow with yriel and edge highlight all the gray with vallejo cool grey. Then I have to matte varnish all the pieces...... and you all get the picture. I am OCD as a T'au would be.

On a positive note, the Super Tuna is almost done. Should be completed by 6/3/18!

Enjoy!!

I was complementing you on the use of yellow, but then you go on and do such a job on the metal! :eek:

After a good week of hobbying, my vow is now 50% complete:

XV-81 Commander

Hidden Content

med_gallery_60357_14577_23615.jpeg

XV-88 Broadside with all the weapon options!

med_gallery_60357_14577_388008.jpeg

XV-84 Commander is up next

You may not have vowed for the DAs, but boy it was worth it! :tu:

Shas'o R'alai, looking forward to the finished product! Great WIP pics!

Hidden Content

That's a mean :censored: He looks very dark and realistic... great job man!

Finally had a chance to make some progress! While I was waiting for arms and backpacks to dry, I got started on one of my Ethereals. Then I kept going cause painting greeblies on Fire Warriors is mind-numbingly boring. So, I experimented with some white and red since I'm going to have a Vior'la detachment of stealth suits.

Hidden Content

7C0VfAe.jpg
BZAIzht.jpg
RmxsFhq.jpg
GVC7HTr.jpg

The colors aren't done yet on the ethereal. I still need to finish getting the white and red more evenly distributed, but I think hes going to be bare chested with some shiny equalizers.

Oh, and I managed to get a coat of green on the optics of the breachers. I'll add more coats later, but the silver undercoat brightens the green nicely so far.

Everyone else is coming along nicely, and welcome to the new blood! Let's keep it up!

Well, red and white is an unbeatable combo! And not easy either! Keep going man!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

No update pics but iv'e been working on my Breachers, will post a WiP tomorrow for feedback.

well done to everyone that's finished stuff and to those plodding along :tongue.:...

some really nice models are coming out of this :yes: 

cheers, Mithril 

Thank you for the kind words Captain, just wait till I’m done with it. I haven’t begun to add the fine details and other colors I plan on using. Since Vay decided to drop a manta, I’ve really got to go above and beyond.....and I love that! Only the best for the ETL!

MithrilForge, every time I take a picture from here on out will have a blue hand in it Hahaha. Since I’m going to matte varnish the entire model when I’m done I ALWAYS wear gloves while handling the model. Anyone who airbrushes will know the horror of true grease.

Just ask JeffJedi what happened when he ate pizza and then touched his models. The horror that unfolded when the Stynylrez left the airbrush and hit the model.....imagine a virus bomb touching skin.

Jud, sfPanzer, Elmo and anyone else who has complimented me I really appreciate it. You all keep the embers going so that the Forge does not go cold!

Keep up the great work everyone!

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!

Final push for new participants - if you know any T'au players/collectors who want some motivation to paint some models get them to vow here.

Let us make this first T'au ETL a good one :thumbsup:

Quick update-

Veeeery WiP of my breacher, trying to work out if grey stripe on helms and red casing on rifles will look ok... Made the Undersuit turquoise to show they're the ethereal's "Royal Guard"

the helmet is practically the only part finished as i wanted to get an idea of how the grey stripe will look ...?

med_gallery_9146_583_270359.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_266095.jpg

C&C appreciated :happy.:

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ sorry for average pics :blush.:

Quick update-

Veeeery WiP of my breacher, trying to work out if grey stripe on helms and red casing on rifles will look ok... Made the Undersuit turquoise to show they're the ethereal's "Royal Guard"

the helmet is practically the only part finished as i wanted to get an idea of how the grey stripe will look ...?

C&C appreciated ^_^

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ sorry for average pics :blush:

Looks great so far!

Personally I really like the grey on the helmet and the red panel on the gun.

They do add something.

Quick update-

C&C appreciated :happy.:

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ sorry for average pics :blush.:

Grey stripe looks great!

happy to see my orange stripe Idea taking hold!

It helps break the helmet from a solid chunk of color into almost a simple but effective and purposful camo.

Quick update-

C&C appreciated ^_^

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ sorry for average pics :blush:

Grey stripe looks great!

happy to see my orange stripe Idea taking hold!

It helps break the helmet from a solid chunk of color into almost a simple but effective and purposful camo.

Yeah I had a printed colour pic of your breacher nearby when I was painting him!, for reference.

Cheers, Mithril

Archived