Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++T'au Outpost+++

ETL VI ETL E Tenebrae Lux E Tenebrae Lux VI

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,805 posts

So happy to be a part of this community. Y'all are way to kind. Feel free to give me tips and suggestions. So I was able to complete the Fusion Eradicator (I still have to matte varnish it).

Enjoy:

gallery_106282_14471_162583.jpg

I never really liked the model Till now.

you've done an excellent job.

May his ankles forever be strong.

• Shas O R'alai likes this
banana

Melete

Melete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: Tau, Space Wolves

Amazing work R'alai! You're putting humble painters like me to shame!

~

After some frustration with my Army Painter rattle can, I've given up and purchased an airbrush for priming/basecoating. Unfortunately some of my airbrush paints I ordered to go with it have gotten held up in shipment, so I'm still waiting on the paints I want to basecoat my armor with.

In the meantime, here's some quick WIP photos. Got some cleaning up (which I noticed taking photos) and basing to do.

med_gallery_104051_14569_47283.jpg

med_gallery_104051_14569_548569.jpg

• Focslain, mithrilforge, elmo and 1 other like this

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Xenos.jp

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts

Very nice Melete! The icy blue goes well with the red. 

Well I've finished my first vow!!!

The Kroot are finished for now so I have to wait for reinforcements.

Here's the last part of my vow:

42681066971_f4eb9f20e7_c.jpgTau Empire Kroot Carnivores 

I've now completed 427pts! I'll probably go for a couple of big ticket items next  (NOT Shas'o R'alai or Vay big though I'm afraid!)

• mithrilforge, Captain Semper, elmo and 2 others like this

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,033 posts
  • Faction: T'au/Dark Angels/711th CCAB

There is so much good going on here I can't believe it... it does not really matter where we come in the final result as the work put in is outstanding

A big well done to everyone thumbsup.gif

• mithrilforge and Shas O R'alai like this

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,033 posts
  • Faction: T'au/Dark Angels/711th CCAB

@Shas O R'alai - Here you go

gallery_62353_13282_7196.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_88220.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_125032.jpg

gallery_62353_13282_126184.jpg

Bit blurry as the lighting is not very good - would not fit into my photo booth :(

• Focslain, mithrilforge, Kriegsmacht and 5 others like this

facmanpob

facmanpob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: Guardians of the Covenant

Facmanpob reporting in for the Greater Good. Vow Complete!!!!! biggrin.png

med_gallery_60357_14577_23615.jpeg

med_gallery_60357_14577_87943.jpg

med_gallery_60357_14577_17614.jpg

med_gallery_60357_14577_388008.jpeg

2nd vow inbound shortly....

There is so much good going on here I can't believe it... it does not really matter where we come in the final result as the work put in is outstanding

A big well done to everyone thumbsup.gif

So much greater good, you mean! ;)

• mithrilforge, Captain Semper, elmo and 3 others like this

PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgBHoA_Eternal_Banner.jpgChapter18_Guardians_of_the_Covenant.jpgETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpg

facmanpob

facmanpob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: Guardians of the Covenant

2nd vow:

I facmanpob rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the T'au Empire and vow to complete a Coldstar Commander of total value 163 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_60357_14577_239553.jpg

• mithrilforge, Captain Semper, elmo and 3 others like this

PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgBHoA_Eternal_Banner.jpgChapter18_Guardians_of_the_Covenant.jpgETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpg

Kora'tau

Kora'tau

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
  • Faction: Tau

right on, now i feel bad not completing a single model yet for my vow, but the assembly distraction is almost at an end.   @facmanpob interesting color scheme, I do rather like the green sand bags, as it adds a good complimentary color to the red and creates balance to the figures and color scheme. 

@elmo man that forgeworld kit is HUGE, and makes the other one look small, whats even more interesting is knowing just how small fire warriors are to the stormsurge.   Man I wish I could get my hands on one of those forgeworld kits but my wife had a fit when I bought a sicaran once, and spent that much into a single kit.   Guess there is a reason I keep most of my hobby expenses off her radar, cause I would be heading for a divorce if I bought one of those big guys.  

• Captain Semper, elmo and Shas O R'alai like this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,805 posts

right on, now i feel bad not completing a single model yet for my vow, but the assembly distraction is almost at an end.   @facmanpob interesting color scheme, I do rather like the green sand bags, as it adds a good complimentary color to the red and creates balance to the figures and color scheme. 

@elmo man that forgeworld kit is HUGE, and makes the other one look small, whats even more interesting is knowing just how small fire warriors are to the stormsurge.   Man I wish I could get my hands on one of those forgeworld kits but my wife had a fit when I bought a sicaran once, and spent that much into a single kit.   Guess there is a reason I keep most of my hobby expenses off her radar, cause I would be heading for a divorce if I bought one of those big guys.  

I havent started painting mine. I till have one more to finish building.

• Captain Semper and Shas O R'alai like this
banana

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,110 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Yes elmo, most definitely a lot of "Greater Good" is happening here,

On this page alone from Ra'lai to Jud Cottrell and then all the way down to Facmanpob, it's all excellent work wub.gif  it would be a pleasure and i'd gladly play opposite armies of this calibre...that's what makes up most of the fun of a 40k game...not cheesy win at all costs list but fully painted beautiful armies where people cared about what they made/painted and share a common bond with the player across from them in the fact that they love this game and the visual display of their army is as much for their opponents enjoyment as it is for their own and the pride in what they created...

well done to all that are painting units and even new armies for this the ETL-VI 

you have sparked enthusiasm in me with all your efforts thumbsup.gif 

Cheers, Mithril  

• Captain Semper, elmo, Jud Cottrell and 1 other like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,585 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
  • Faction: T'au; Sept Ke'lshan

2018 Class Photo

gallery_106282_14471_390092.jpg

• Focslain, mithrilforge, Kriegsmacht and 4 others like this

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Xenos.jpETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tau.jpETL_VI_Badge_Faction_Master_Xenos.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,585 posts

Amazing stuff... Is this vow complete? 

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
Sadly no captain, I have completed 1/2 of my Vow. The KX139 Super Tuna Titan is 1900 of my 4000 Point vow. The rest of the Ke’lshan sept up there was painted previously by me.
  • Captain Semper likes this

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Xenos.jpETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tau.jpETL_VI_Badge_Faction_Master_Xenos.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,585 posts

:tu: Great, carry on! 

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts
Shas O R’alai, that is seriously cool!!!
Your force is going to look amazing.

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Thanks guys! 

So.... I just ordered 2 sets of these for my flyers. Going to have the digital camo on the Barracuda AX-5-2, Tigershark AX-1-0 and the DX-6 Remora!! 

gallery_106282_14471_21354.jpeg

!!ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL!!

• mithrilforge, Captain Semper, Triszin and 1 other like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Can't wait to see your stuff with added digital camo!

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,805 posts

Thanks guys! 

So.... I just ordered 2 sets of these for my flyers. Going to have the digital camo on the Barracuda AX-5-2, Tigershark AX-1-0 and the DX-6 Remora!! 

gallery_106282_14471_21354.jpeg

!!ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL!!

let me know how these work out.

I'm curious about em

banana

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,110 posts

@shas O R'alai - are they the sticky airbrush decals from fallout hobbies?... i got a Hex one from them...for future T'AU vehicles.

it's going to be a bit of work but boy i reckon you'll knock em out of the park when they're done thumbsup.gif

of more interest ...i see you have some Vior'la T'AU hiding up in the shelves above your new stuff( if you have any could you pm me a few pics of your stuff?...i'm looking for inspiration for my Vior'la tongue.png).

cheers, Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,585 posts

ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 6 UPDATE

• facmanpob likes this

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
Oh the life of a Paramedic. Got to keep up with my vow so I packed a go box and was able to clean the Barracuda wings this morning at work

gallery_106282_14471_209374.jpeg

gallery_106282_14471_283301.jpeg
  • mithrilforge, Captain Semper and elmo like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,110 posts

haha if only paramedics had some insta-cure in their kit msn-wink.gif ... i hope you didn't take the wrong bag out in the vehicle...quick we need a...wha ?!?... a barracuda wing? unsure.png

Mithril

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
Bahahahahahaha that’s too funny Mirhril! Oh and those the stickies from Fallout Hobbies
  • mithrilforge likes this

Shas O R'alai

Shas O R'alai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

So, I was at good ole Lobby Hobby and something caught my eye!

gallery_106282_14471_8168.jpg

I just couldn't resist. I love them!

ONLY THE BEST FOR THE ETL

• mithrilforge, Captain Semper, facmanpob and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VI, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux, E Tenebrae Lux VI

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users