Preparing for ETL VI. Sub-assembling Lorgar i ran into a few problems:

1. Where does the pistol go? The one spot where it attaches easily to at the belt (but just on top of his behind…) it would be more or less invisible with the cloak! On the forge world images I did not find the Pistol anywhere.

2. How should the cloak be attached or rather to what other elements? Did you have to use greenstuff in your build? it is not so obvious.

3. So far i only pinned the leg. Has anyone pinned any other bits but leg and legs to base?

Thanks for help and any hints

I'm not going to claim any real insight into this, but google is mostly showing his pistol at his left hip. Forge World seem to have left the pistol off their painted Lorgar, but if you look closely you can just make it out there in their unpainted images too.

I built my Lorgar around release and I’m overseas with only one picture of him so my advice might be a little iffy, but.....

1. Left hip for the pistol but I think I glued to the upper leg, rather than the belt for a bit more strength.

2. The cape was painful. It’s very small contact points and the mace means it sticks out a bit rather than hanging naturally. This might have just been me though.

3. Didn’t pin anything. As long as you give the resin a good scrub first then you should be ok to just glue.

Not much but hope it helps.

thx guys! much appreciated!

I'm not going to claim any real insight into this, but google is mostly showing his pistol at his left hip. Forge World seem to have left the pistol off their painted Lorgar, but if you look closely you can just make it out there in their unpainted images too.

Google image search. So obvious, but stupid me only stared at the photos of painted Lorgar at Forgeworld.com. Thanks for the links, very helpful!

I built my Lorgar around release and I’m overseas with only one picture of him so my advice might be a little iffy, but.....

1. Left hip for the pistol but I think I glued to the upper leg, rather than the belt for a bit more strength.
2. The cape was painful. It’s very small contact points and the mace means it sticks out a bit rather than hanging naturally. This might have just been me though.
3. Didn’t pin anything. As long as you give the resin a good scrub first then you should be ok to just glue.

Not much but hope it helps.

1. i considered that before, too. Will test both, but tend to use the belt for realism instead of 'mag-log'.

2. yeah, it looks like there are two holes to fit a bolt per side of the cape, but either it is not casted too well or it came off when i cut it from the sprue...

3. The cast i have is great overall, but not so nice regarding 'invisible' contact surfaces, so i pinned the leg. better safe than sorry. Good to hear you had no problem without pins!

Archived