Just emerged form the warp

Hi my fellow crusaders.

I've materialised out of the warp a about a year ago and heve regained contact withe the empire a few months ago with the start of 8-th ed.

I've been in the warp for about 7 years.

My marines had been battling chaos and all the other foul enemies of the emperor for 9 years when they were lost in the warp.

There they had to cope with huge pressure and violent shakes, resulting in almost all the crusade's motorpool and flypool suffering some sort of damage. Many brothers were also wounded, losing arms, weapons and sometimes even beiing beheaded.

The light of the emperor has been shining again on the crusade since a year or so, and that has resulted in many a battle brother receiving new limbs, weapons or even a new set of brains.

Fortunately with the renewed contact also came reinforcements.

Translation:

Hi, all.

Back into the hobby after a 7 year retirement due to moving, marriage and becoming a father.

Gotten back into the hobby after my brother gave me a knight and the SM codex.

Dusted of my marines (they had about 2mm of dust on them...) and retrieved the rest of the crusade from the attic, after making sure my doughter wouldn't eat them.

Fortunately I stored them in sealable plastic boxes so no parts were lost, but moving house and a few attic reorganisations didn't do them much good.

I found out that 95% of my dried out paints were salvagable (warm water and pinching holes in the dried paint, let it sit for a week and voila!). But my glue was stil operable (9 years old!).

I've bought myself a box of reivers because I really liked them and thought they would fit in perfectly with my playing style of old (advancing horde screaming blood for the blood god emperor on the top of their lungs).

Started to catch up on my rusty painting skills.

After finding this site and lurking for a fair amount of months I've finally joined.

Enough blah, here are some pics i've uploaded.

My emp champ, paintwork is 16 years old.

emp champ1

Castellan Draco

draco

A NOS apothecary I've started work on recently:

apothecary1

And a pair of almost finished reivers with one of my my first attempts at glowing eyes and a freehand laurel on the sgt kneecap.

reiver1

Greetz,

Rinke

First off, welcome back to the Eternal Crusade brother! Your timing could not be more fortuitous. A great challenge for our chapter has manifested after a twelve month absence!

And what would that be? Why the E Tenebrae Lux (ETL for short) Bolter and Chainsword wide painting competition.

If you are looking for inspiration to help revive your crusade, you are certainly in the right place at the right time.

The formal announcement  with details should post within the next 24 hours.

Welcome back from your long rest! Be prepared for Dorn and for Sigismund. Our fathers call for our swords (paintbrushes).

Cheers,

Archived