Penitent Engines can do whaaat!?

Nah repentia dont do that. Their special ability now is to be more expensive than a space marine and only slightly more surviveable than a lone grot in the open...why are repentia 17pts again?

RVtyQul.jpg?2

why are repentia 17pts again?

And the rest... by the time you get them a priest for +1 attack and a mistress for rerolls and a rhino so they don't get blapped by random fire, they are closer to 34 points per model. 301 points to get the most out of 1 unit (assuming that either the priest or mistress can hitch hike in another transport), for a unit which is a complete glass cannon and not even a very good one at that. 

When the standard evicerator got reduced from 22 points to 12 points to reflect the sisters s3 statline, repentia should have seen a decrease as well. I'd really love to use these girls more often but they seldom see the table.

pic related. 

The fact that you build three Penitent Engines leaves me in awe. As I type that I look at mine that is trying to take a nap. It is sagging so far forward that the body is parallel to the ground. I'm using Dreadnoughts to proxy them until the Penitent Engines finally come in plastic.

I flew Celestine in next to my PE's in a game to at least give them a chance at an Invulnerable Save (that and it happened to be on the way where I was sending her). Then I noticed my opponent couldn't decide which to shoot, the PEs or Celestine lol

RVtyQul.jpg?2

why are repentia 17pts again?

And the rest... by the time you get them a priest for +1 attack and a mistress for rerolls and a rhino so they don't get blapped by random fire, they are closer to 34 points per model. 301 points to get the most out of 1 unit (assuming that either the priest or mistress can hitch hike in another transport), for a unit which is a complete glass cannon and not even a very good one at that.

When the standard evicerator got reduced from 22 points to 12 points to reflect the sisters s3 statline, repentia should have seen a decrease as well. I'd really love to use these girls more often but they seldom see the table.

pic related.

Repentia are really good a significant amount of time, especially against 2 or 4 wound models, but suffer from having a higher chance of whiffing than our other melee options, lowering their average damage. They still melt pretty.much anything they touch, even if they die to the first touch against them.

I dont even mind that these units die to a gentle breeze. Pengines and repentia are meant to do thatin the fluff and theyve got it diwn pat on the table.

Theyre just too expensive to do that.

Repentia should be almost half their points and the pengine should be 30 points less.

But thats an old whine so i digress.

The pattern with new codex's so far has been to give drastic price reductions on everything that was too expensive. I'd guess repentia will go down to about 10 points per model if they don't get any other changes. I would almost guarantee that both repentia and penitent engines will get a specific stratagem to help them.

Archived