Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Typhus poxspam compet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dardl

Dardl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Hi guys I've been working on this list for a while so let me know what you think! 

Battalion Detachment 5 CP
Hq:
Malignant Plaguecaster 110pts
Typhus                           175pts

Troops:
Plague Marines x 7 with 3 plasma guns      158pts
Plague Marines x 7 with 2 blight launchers 158pts
Poxwalkers x 15 90pts
Poxwalkers x 15 90pts
Poxwalkers x 15 90pts
Poxwalkers x 15 90pts

Elites: 
Death Shroud Terminators 180pts
Foul Blightspawn 77pts
Noxious Blightbringer 65pts

Heavy Support 
Plagueburst Crawler with Entropy cannons and Rothail Volley gun 152pts

Outrider Detachment
Malignant Plaguecaster 110pts

Foetid Bloat-drone with spitters 158pts

Total 2000 exactly

What do you guys think? 

The plan is to surround typhus, death shroud and noxious blight bringer in a ring of pox walkers and march them up the field , The pox walkers then charge what ever comes closest to them and Tyhpus and the deathshoud join in avoiding overwatch and murderising. 

The plague marines drones and crawler take out shooty targets 

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Interesting lists.
I wonder about the deathshroud, what purpose do they serve?
I would consider moving around the deathshroud, plague casters and plague marine and try to include either a flying DP, chaos lord or plague burst crawler.

Also, looks like you hacmve some point wrong on the plague marine.

Edited by BlackTriton, 01 May 2018 - 05:57 PM.

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Will second BT, interesting list

I am also a bit confused on the deathshroud, seems like a waste of points.  Maybe BlightLord Terminator may be a bit more helpful as it would give you a litte more Mid-range firepower?

Anti-Tank/Monster fire is kind of light.  the PBC by itself is not going to be that effective in shooting, but is likely to act a good bullet magnet to keep some of your opponents AT fire off of your Drones.

A chaos lord co-located with your Plasma PM and PBC would a good consideration that should significantly help your shooting. 

BT is correct that your PM point values are off.  Your PM w/Plasma is accurate, but your are paying too much for the PM with Blight Launchers, should be 139

Personally I like Running 7-man squads with 2xBL, CH/PG+Plague Sword for 153 points.  Although I am strongly considering adding a flail to each of my squads for more CC hitting power (Flails are awesome!!!!!)

Edited by Checkmate77, 02 May 2018 - 11:38 AM.

Dardl

Dardl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Interesting lists.
I wonder about the deathshroud, what purpose do they serve?
I would consider moving around the deathshroud, plague casters and plague marine and try to include either a flying DP, chaos lord or plague burst crawler.

Also, looks like you hacmve some point wrong on the plague marine.

The deathshroud were added because that's basically what I have spare :P 

I do think I could deep strike them though or use them to keep typhus alive.  They wreck in close combat don't they? 

I could try squeeze a chaos lord in maybe, I wouldn't add a flying dp though too many points. 

The plague marine points on this are wrong i'll fix it now should be 139

Will second BT, interesting list

I am also a bit confused on the deathshroud, seems like a waste of points.  Maybe BlightLord Terminator may be a bit more helpful as it would give you a litte more Mid-range firepower?

Anti-Tank/Monster fire is kind of light.  the PBC by itself is not going to be that effective in shooting, but is likely to act a good bullet magnet to keep some of your opponents AT fire off of your Drones.

A chaos lord co-located with your Plasma PM and PBC would a good consideration that should significantly help your shooting. 

BT is correct that your PM point values are off.  Your PM w/Plasma is accurate, but your are paying too much for the PM with Blight Launchers, should be 139

Personally I like Running 7-man squads with 2xBL, CH/PG+Plague Sword for 153 points.  Although I am strongly considering adding a flail to each of my squads for more CC hitting power (Flails are awesome!!!!!)

The deathshroud are just there because I have the models but I also beleive they are some what of a wild card, If its confusing us imagine what the opponent will be feeling haha. 

I could either deep strike them or advance them but tot he opponent they MUST be dealt with before they starting reking. 

The flail is amazing but these marines are just for shooting. 

The chaos lord is a good idea though I might work some stuff out to fit him in. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users