The Oracles of Change

Hey there B&C, long while no post...

Thought I'd start a short blog to catalogue my latest Thousand Sons army's progress - these guys have taken precedence over my Dark Mechanicum due to a Campaign Weekend at the end of May that I'll be taking them too.

Hence the brevity of the blog! Pretty much everything I need has been built so I'll mainly be posting painting WIPs and finished pieces - until I add elements to take them to 3k that is, such as Magnus, Ahriman and another set of Rubricae.

For my first post here is the cabal structure of my Warband:

Starting off with my General, a mutating Exalted Sorcerer:
5FuT3Nt.jpg

Then my Alchemist, another Exalted Sorcerer, and the creator of the incense burners that are used a lot around the army:
PVgw6xJ.jpg

My Apothecary, a regular sorcerer, and a man who found his medical services in a great deal less demand after the Rubric's casting, and so has bent his mind to the creation of a cure:
SEhrTW7.jpg

Then it's my Daemon Prince, designed to echo the Changeling model, but with his staff tying him back to Prospero:
n4uISMe.jpg

One of my Aspiring Sorcerers, a heavily mutated man who believes his power is in ascendence, whereas the truth is he's far more likely to end up a wretched spawn:
3jHJSPQ.jpg

And finally, the Sorcerer for my Scarab Occult unit, and my Daemonologist, another Exalted Sorcerer, who both need a bit more green stuff before painting begins:
Ja5fTiV.jpg

And there we are, my Thousand Sons Cabal!

No pics? :sad.:

Just me failing to use my phone correctly! Updated with the text and pictures it should have had!

Now that's sorted, here's my list for those of you who like to be in the know:

Battalion Detachment 1

Exalted Sorcerer, Warlord: High Magister, Coruscator

Daemon Prince, with Daemonic Axe and Claws

10. Cultists, autoguns

9 Rubric Marines, 2 x Warpflamers, Icon of Flame

9. Rubric Marines, 2 x Warpflamers

2 x Rhinos

Helbrute, Reaper Autocannon and Helbrute Fist

5. Scarab Occult, Soulreaper Cannon, Hellfyre Missile Rack

2 x Chaos Vindicators

Battalion Detachment 2

Exalted Sorcerer, Helm of the Third Eye

Exalted Sorcerer, Dark Matter Crystal

Sorcerer

10. Cultists, autoguns

10. Cultists, autopistols and close combat weapons

10. Cultists, autopistols and close combat weapons

Oooh man, these are cool. I have one question though:

Can we get some shots of the backs? The Plague Surgeon-based one especially is interesting to me.

Also, will that Daemon Prince have red skin? I kind of have the view that Thousand Sons Daemon Princes end up red due to something or other (likely their view of Magnus?) :lol:

First off that blue is gorgeous, and I love the conversions!

Secondly, before you put any paint on the unpainted stuff, can we interest you in participating in the ETL? The Chaos thread is located here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/

Dragonlover

Very creative conversions and I love your theme. The preliminary blues you have got down are also well done.

Outstanding effort so far.

Please do play on and  let the winds of  change sweep you.

Wow.

I was not expecting a response like that! Thank you all so, so much for your comments. Means an awful lot.

And I hope you all like the rest!

Oooh man, these are cool. I have one question though: Can we get some shots of the backs? The Plague Surgeon-based one especially is interesting to me. Also, will that Daemon Prince have red skin? I kind of have the view that Thousand Sons Daemon Princes end up red due to something or other (likely their view of Magnus?) :laugh.:

More than happy to do some back pics, haven't got any today but will make sure to upload some for you. 

Red skin was actually one of the ideas I had for him, for exactly the reason you say! But I couldn't think of any colours I liked for his cloth that wouldn't clash with the lighter bases I have planned for these guys. So instead he's going to mimic the colours of the Changeling, which was the inspiration for his conversion in the first place, with teal robes and light blue skin.

First off that blue is gorgeous, and I love the conversions!

Secondly, before you put any paint on the unpainted stuff, can we interest you in participating in the ETL? The Chaos thread is located here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/

Dragonlover

Hey Dragonlover. Never even taken a second look at the ETL in the past, but just for you I'll post what I have left that isn't too far gone yet. Every little helps!

With that in mind here are my completely unstarted units - I'm hoping to learn how to airbrush in the next month to do all the vehicles and will hopefully spend the last week working on the Daemon Prince that's posted above.

More interesting updates coming soon, my plan for the weekend is to burn through all my Rubricae and start a test base, then on to the Scarab Occult next week.

Rhinos:

twuTsMS.jpg

G7H4ZpF.jpg

And Vindicators:

wdG2vbt.jpg

Hope you like, more updates soon.

And thank you again everyone who's taken the time to comment, it truly is overwhelming.

Cya

That Daemon Prince is a brilliant conversion! I look forward to seeing him all painted up. What parts did you make his staff out of if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry SystemSyn, forgot to reply to you! It's one of the staffs from the Exalted Sorcerers cut up, and mixed up with the hammer shaft of Vandus Hammerhand! Then the blade is from the Exalted Sorcerers again.

@The Nephilim I've been thinking of it, currently I've just got runes that will cover it. But I'd happily go bigger and bolder if you have any ideas!

@The Nephilim I've been thinking of it, currently I've just got runes that will cover it. But I'd happily go bigger and bolder if you have any ideas!

I don't know your modeling skills, but what about adding an eye or two mutating out of the hull? Maybe some brimstone horrors dancing on the cannon barrel? I don't know your 

Archived