MBA++Blood Angels 5th Company - into the Leviathan's maw

Majkhel

So got most things done on my own Libby Dread conversion. Got pretty happy, think it will look cool when all the details and the base is done.

Thanks for the inspiration! :tongue.:

It dosent seem to work with inserting an image, so ill just post a link. :smile.:

Nice job Brother! The BA Contemptor looks great with all this detail. I'm glad the original halberd arm worked for you. A little shame perhaps that you removed whole BA emblem from the left arm? What will you put in it's place?

It's also educational for me to see your painting scheme. I'm considering something similar, meaning - mostly red frame.

Good luck with it :)

Thanks! I also thought about the BA emblem, but the Librarian book from the SM Libby Terminator fits perfect on the shoulder, Ill post a picture tomorrow.

The only thing i have left is a head and a psychic hood and the base ofc. Got some larger Tyranid armour parts I might have him stand on instead.

Okey, so here is the two pictures of what i added Librarian wise, the book on the shoulder and the skull on the blue knee pad.

Still some details left to paint (force hallbard) and as I said before, a psychic hood. Tried the hood from the Libby dread, did not look very good, so next thing will be to try the part from an Inceptor and these hoods that i found online 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VKQ8AS8WT/steel-halo-hood-001a?optionId=68128593&li=marketplace

Any other hood ideas?

7BHq90q.jpg

4kFxgzZ.jpg

Regards

Edited by Gingerninja

It's coming along nicely! 
As for the hood, it's a tricky thing, but I believe that in the end not that hard as the principle is simple. Psychic hoods can take multiple forms, but most often we recognize them, by a single appendix raising over the head of the wearer. Often two additional parts appear on the sides as well.

Now the Contemptor already has a hood. You can of course try and fit another hood inside that, but your space would be very limited.
I would therefore either sculpt some form of hood on the head itself with green stuff or something similar, or add a bit or two to the existing Contemptor frame hood (the way I did with mine).

• 2 weeks later...

Preparations for the ETL VII are coming along nicely.
So far I have prepared 2 vows,. For now, both below 1k pts, but we'll see how it goes.

1st vow (864pts)
- Smash Captain (JP,TH,SS)
- Libby Dread (Heavy Flamer)
- Aggeressor squad (Dakka)
- Inceptor squad (plasma)
- Hellblaster squad
- Vindicator

2nd vow (764pts):
- Phobos Captain
- Chaplain Dread
- Phobos LIbby
- DC Dread
- 2x Eliminator squad
- Rhino

Another 457pts (Gravis Captain, another 3 plasma Inceptors and a Baal Pred) are prepped for painting, but as yet unassigned to any vow. I've also got a Knight to paint, but I'm reluctant to commit to such a time-consuming (for me) model until I see how I fare with the already decided vows.

Picture to show a little conversion of one of the Eliminators - he got a pointing hand from the Phobos Captain.

med_gallery_105306_14251_1878824.jpg

In the background there are some terminators that will probably appear in one of the subsequent vows. Probably along a Baal Pred and Gravis Captain.

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

A little conversion I've been thinking about for some time now - Captain with a Relic Blade.
med_gallery_105306_14251_1648.jpg

Made from the fantastic Emperor's Champion model I really didn't want to tinker with too much.
It would be easy enough to give him a Storm Shield, but I thought I could use something with more range. So how do you like the idea of a little helper carrying a gun for the esteemed Captain? :smile.:

gallery_105306_14251_1271818.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_114653.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_126570.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1550039.jpg

I guess the Captain still needs an Iron Halo. The Cherub does have one, but it might be a little too much to expect an automaton to keep pace with the trans-human Captain once he starts charging enemies of mankind at full speed. Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

ETL VII has begun!

I Majkhel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 14 models (listed below) of total value of 864pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Captain (Jump Pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield)
- 1x Librarian Dreadnought (Furioso fist, Force Halberd, Heavy flamer)
- 1x 3-man Aggressor squad (Auto Boltsorm gauntlets, Fragstorm grenade launchers)
- 1x 3-man Inceptor squad (Plasma exterminators)
- 1x 5-man Hellblaster squad (Plasma incinerators)
- 1x Vindicator (Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter)

Total value: 864pts

med_gallery_105306_14251_5109.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks an awful lot like 9mm brass...

That's exactly what it is - 9mm parabellum. Shaded it a bit and dirtied when highlighting the base itself.

Actually it's a pity that Vindicator's canon has barely 8mm of internal diameter. I was having a vision of stacking some of those into the loading bay/magazine.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them:)

Edited by Majkhel

Updating: my 1st ETL VII vow is done! :biggrin.:
gallery_105306_14251_1486998.jpg

Hellblasters and Inceptors were shown earlier, so here comes the Librarian Dreadnought:
gallery_105306_14251_399985.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_463750.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1176880.jpg

Obviously I still need to do the scrollwork scripture at some point. Also the blade of the halberd seems to missing something, but otherwise I'm really happy with him!

The Captain:
gallery_105306_14251_561840.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1219512.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_176970.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_656264.jpg

Aggressors:
gallery_105306_14251_441499.jpg

With those, my 5th Company is above half strenght (51 marines)!! :DB)
They are meant as an extension to the existing 11th Squad. Squad markings remain to be added.

Vindicator:
gallery_105306_14251_495148.jpg

I'm thinking on some embellishments in the future. Something angelic. I'll probably do that on several vehicles at once.

Edited by Majkhel

Sure I do! Thanks for the nudge though :smile.:

'ere we go again:)
I
Majkhel rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 12 models (listed below) of total value of 891pts, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

- 1x Captain in Phobos armor
- 1x Librarian in Phobos armor

- 1x Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (twin lascanon, DCW, Storm bolter)

- 1x Chaplain Lemartes

- 1x Death Company Dreadnought (2x Furioso fist, heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple)
- 2x 3-man Eliminator squad
- 1x Rhino (Storm bolter)

Total value: 891pts

med_gallery_105306_14251_736970.jpg

More 'boxes' and little less infantry this time. I still don't have a clear idea for the Vanguard marines' look. I want them red, but at the same time I want them sneaky. I guess it will develop along the way.
Edited by Majkhel

Maybe a dull/dark red? Almost flesh-tearer red instead of bright blood angel red? Could still pick out chapter shoulder pad in bright to show they are ba not ft? I havent figured that out either but wondering if thats how i'll go for my phobos guys

Something like this. I think I will paint Infiltrators red, as they are shown red in the Vanguard book for BA. But I will keep them darker still then the majority of my army, preferably with washes and darker highlights. Phobos Captain will follow the same pattern. Not sure about the Lieutenant, but then again I haven't built him yet.

As for the Eliminators, I inclining towards "the scout look", so only some parts of the armor will be red: left (only one visible:P) pauldron, Brestplate (easily conceleable under th cloak), left knee pad (because more red is needed). Otherwise they go black.

Phobos Libby will be dark blue with a red pauldron, so classic look, but he is already covered with the cloak anyway

OK, I've finally sorted out how I want the camo-cloaks to look like. Desired: good-looking and easy enough to replicate multiple times.

med_gallery_105306_14251_1159705.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_622159.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_730426.jpg

4 colors only:
- black coat,
- lighter grey for bigger dark shapes,
- visibly brighter grey for smaller shapes

- brightest grey for for lines (thinned down with water for highlights)

After I do the bases, I will dirty the lower parts a bit more to help them blend in

Also a WIP picture of Libby and Captain:

med_gallery_105306_14251_1016943.jpg

Libby armor is missing only the final highlight for the blue. Camo-robe is practically done.

Captain is shaded only.

I'm afraid those are mixes, but if I had to compare them to actual GW range it would be something like:

- Chaos Black,

- Eshin Grey

- Administratum Grey

- really light, almost white grey. Like Pallid Wych Flesh or even lighter

Edited by Majkhel