MBA++Blood Angels 5th Company - into the Leviathan's maw

Majkhel

Improved some of the scratches and added some decals. Not many as I didn't have much of an idea what I want. Basically just the vehicle number, an honour badge and a single hazard marking. I was thinking of some scripture, but it looks like I do not have such decals on hand. Perhaps I will add some more later on or maybe freehand them. I also finished off the interior a bit. Nothing fancy, just enough to make it count.

gallery_105306_14251_1902285.jpggallery_105306_14251_93812.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_203671.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_678430.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_618781.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_919699.jpg med_gallery_105306_14251_1407594.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_1443041.jpggallery_105306_14251_272527.jpggallery_105306_14251_63983.jpg

I have to say, those new tanks have a TREMENDOUS amount of things to paint even before we start adding bits to make them unique. There is also a considerable amount of planning needed before assembly and some parts are much easier to paint before being glued into place.
The rear plate housing the additional equipment is still detachable in case I ever want to transform the thing into a Gladiator. I secured the paintjob around the places where the plate fits with additional layer of vanish. Hopefully this will be enough.

Next up is the BGV sarge.

Edited by Majkhel

Thank you guys!
And I agree on the yellow gun housings, Rhavien. I think it's actually the yellow bits that that give that extra vibe to the otherwise monotonous red hull. Black is breaking it a bit too of course, but it does't have that 'pop' factor the yellow does. I was originally considering giving those housings hazard stripes, but decided against that cause 1- they are relatively small and 2- that would probably stand out too much and I wanted some of the viewers attention on the blingy bits too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, covid happened. I'm getting off pretty lightly as it happens with very low temperature, a little bit of coughing, lost smell/taste, general lack of strength and headaches. That last part is the most troublesome as it prevents most of my activities including work.
But I did manage to start working on the Heavy Intercessors to complete my 5th Company and I'm really happy to start with a bang and present you the sergeant:
gallery_105306_14251_1164791.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1051506.jpggallery_105306_14251_557840.jpggallery_105306_14251_25024.jpg

My first attempt at painting back-banners. I gotta say that painting yellow cloth is not easy. Especially the shading. I think the heraldry is missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Squad designation is in the center, Company mark in the top-left corner, sarge's personal heraldry in the top-right and some battle-markings in the low-left. In the end, headaches forced me to just get on with it and leave it as it is.

Looking at him now, I think I shoould add some more grey drybrush on the feet to tie him with the base more.
I'm overall pretty happy with him both in terms of pose and paint-job :)

Cheers!

Hope you make a full recovery very soon.

The sergeant is great. If the whole squad is this good that will really be worth seeing.

Thank you Givemead!

I hope I can match that expectation :D While they are not as ornate as the Sergeant, I did put some effort to embellish them and make their poses a bit more interesting.

He's well-painted and detailed.

Thanks mate!

Get well soon! Blown away by your sarge. He looks incredible. Violet on the banner looks fantastic but I agree that the feet need some more dirt. Such a heavy fella will stir up some dust stomping around.

Thank you very much, Rhavien! I'm really happy you like him. Will definitely add that dusting then :thumbsup:

very low temperature, a little bit of coughing, lost taste,

Hopefully we don't lose you to the Eldar forums! 

That made me smile, thanks! :D

Fortunately I don't feel any particular pull towards those regions for the moment. For once, my pile of plastic waiting to be painted locks me quite firmly for the Astartes. Next in line would be the Sisters, but they can easily be treated as basically space marines-ess ;)

Yea, I know what you mean, I'm bored of painting [red] power armour, but I have so many marines to paint, and my other stuff is getting neglected...I'll be working on my nids for a while before the next push on the BA!

Wishing you the best and for a speedy recovery! Sarge is looking good - seems like a great kitbash and have to admit I had a good chuckle when I saw the huge "bit" hanging between his legs - Primaris compensating for what all space marines are lacking! :D 

Wishing you the best and for a speedy recovery! Sarge is looking good - seems like a great kitbash and have to admit I had a good chuckle when I saw the huge "bit" hanging between his legs - Primaris compensating for what all space marines are lacking! :biggrin.:

Thanks mate! A high praise from a painter of your caliber, I'm really happy you like him!

And yeah, that bit  :D :D :D

Finished applying decals on the BGVets Sarge Yesterday:
gallery_105306_14251_797843.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_342641.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1010640.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_685610.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1199279.jpg

I'ts a small milestone, as that gives me a full playable squad with transport :)
(OK, the transport is not technically theirs as it has 5th Coy markings)
gallery_105306_14251_1512350.jpg

Now I'm getting back to he Heavy Intercessors. First regular member after the Sarge has most of the colours applied and should be ready for transfers and basing Tomorrow
Cheers! :)

Nice banner! And nice small details!

For me free hand is something that...

The only thing I 've managed is the traditional black banner for sergeant, where I could correct the shapes with a thin black marker...

gallery_93095_13469_789023.jpg

Thanks brother!

And you're saying that next to that really nice chequer on the shield :P It doesn't really matter what tools you used, that banner of your's still looks really good, not to mention classy.

I might try putting personal heraldry into the center of the banner on my next sergeants. With this one I was kinda out of heraldry ideas for a moment and perhaps rushed it a bit to have a finished mini. That gave me a sergeant with a squad banner as opposed to the sergeant's banner with squad designation like your squad has. I see merits in both ways and definitely do not think myself sold to one option only.

Thanks for the food for thought :)

Excellent works.

Thanks Bjorn!

Another 2 gents done. 2 more to go:

gallery_105306_14251_1022953.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1333606.jpggallery_105306_14251_1644070.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_594725.jpg

For some reason my camera now catches mostly the orange hue :tongue.:

Tried to add some color variety with those 2. I think the yellow magazine is nice. Black faceplate on the other hand is totally lost with the Gravis collar.

The crystal thingies on the ground are a current hype on in my painting group, so I had to try them out too.

Edited by Majkhel

• 3 weeks later...

Got lost in the Warp for some time, but I'm really happy to be able to get back to hobby.
Presenting my Heavy Intercessors - 3rd Squad Borelio:
gallery_105306_14251_662071.jpg

Now I really need to calculate everything correctly one more time, but it looks like I'm now at 94 92 marines with my Daemonbanes :smile.:

I think I will now work on my Sanguinary Priest/Corbulo. I had a really nice friendly game against Imperial Fists last Friday and hated the fact, that I had to use an unpainted model for him. Especially since it was the only unpainted model in my arm. And to add salt to injury - it's Warlord....

Edited by Majkhel

Started working on an up-sized Sanguinary Priest:
med_gallery_105306_14251_1534587.jpg

Armour is mostly done, including some scratches. It took like gazilion layers of greys and whites to get him to this point however. Remember NOT to basecoat with red when you want a white armour :P Also the spray caused some unfortunate pooling on the cloth, which I will attempt to hide with paint and battle-damage to some extent.
Started blocking other colours too. This will take some time as there is already a lot going on on the mini and multiple colours will only add to that.