Calling my SP done:
gallery_105306_14251_671169.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_95832.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_1362928.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_1072799.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_512845.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_1653151.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_1179945.jpg

Once I paint him a regular backpack, I will be able to use him as Corbulo.

My first works with whites and I'm pretty happy with the result. In retrospect, I think I should have started from a lighter tone (I 've been building up whites starting from Vallejo German Grey :biggrin.: ). The finish could have been cleaner especially deep between the folds of the robe. But it's OK from the table perspective and I did learn a lot during the process, so it's all fine.

Next in line on the painting station is the complete opposite - a Chaplain :tongue.:
Cheers! Edited by Majkhel

Good looking priest! I agree, starting lighter would have made for a nicer armour, but honestly that tells kind of nitpicky to me. The pose is excellent and the chain motif on the chainsword just looks amazing. Those robed legs and body (Indomitus LT?) Really add to the priestly vibes too, well done!

Good looking priest! I agree, starting lighter would have made for a nicer armour, but honestly that tells kind of nitpicky to me. The pose is excellent and the chain motif on the chainsword just looks amazing. Those robed legs and body (Indomitus LT?) Really add to the priestly vibes too, well done!

Thanks for kind words BB!

Chain motif is a decal from the Indomitus box. As is the robed body, however it's from the Bladuard Ancient.

Excellent work on the Sanguinary Priest.

Thanks Bjorn :)

He looks fantastic. As all your miniatures I've seen majkhel. The white looks superb and the robes too. If that's your first try on white I would say you completely hit it. I've nearly the same Sanguinary priest kitbash project ready for painting and you've set the bar very high ;) Edited by Rhavien

Thank you very much Rhavien! I'm really happy you like my works!
Indeed this is a really popular and successful type of conversion. For me BGAncient model makes a natural fit for a BA SangPriest and it's no wonder that so many folks got the same idea.

As for the bars and standards, mine are being set by my perfectionism which makes them quite high indeed. But they are mine alone to tackle ;) It has it's bright sides sometimes. By all means strive to whatever goals you imagine reachable :) It is a fantastic journey with all the things and people we get to know along the way.
​Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no hear!
RL and Warp combining to strike and grind me to the ground, but I'm still standing ;)
Finally managed to complete my Indomitus Primaris Chaplain:
med_gallery_105306_14251_1612579.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_11973.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_978635.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1387321.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_624202.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_159001.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1149168.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_899889.jpg

Happy with the conversion and the fact that I manged to finish him. Still hate painting black :P
Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, I've fallen out of the hobby orbit for some time regrettably, but I want to get back to it - it's giving me too much to just leave it out of my life.

Thanks for the comments! I agree Spyros. Did the Firestrike purely for the looks and las talons :biggrin.:

My current project is another interesting (if a bit uselesss atm) piece of plastic - the Storm Speeder. It's already built, more or less magnetised and basic colours are applied on the hull. Still grappling with the idea if I should magnetise the thing to the flying stem.

To add me some spice I also want to tackle Mephiston - a model I both reeeeeally, really want to paint and dread painting at the same time for fear of not doing him justice. But I think the time has come to stop procrastinating for the sake of my own internal perfectionist and at least make an attempt. I can always remove the paintjob after all. 
For the building/conversion part, I've given him Scourges' wings and want to model some psychic effects around his right hand and Vitarus. I also think I will raise his base some more.

Cheers! :biggrin.:

Edited by Majkhel

Thanks for the heads up and kind words :smile.: Fixed the links (I hope).
Crappy quality and the depth of colours is totally lost unfortunately.
I'm painting it partly in sub-assemblies: whole lower part part with 2 top sections, console, drivers and turret separated. After painting the marines' legs and console, I glued the front top section and proceeded with edge-highlights sealing this part with varnish when done. There is a lot of handling of the model included during the painting which results in some of the paint being worn off especially on the edges so I need to protect completed steps.

The blending on the Firestrike is all stippling with large brushes going from dark to bright tones. Obviously touched-up later with regular brushes in some deeper corners. I find this technique really satisfying. Not as quick or smooth as airbrushing, but still much faster than with regular brushes. Its perfect for tanks and all other things with big armour plates where that hint of rough surface adds a lot of character. And it adds up quickly with any kind of scratches of battle damage.

Edited by Majkhel

That display is :drool:

Thank you kindly :smile.: I have recently invested in a Da Vinci Maestro series kolinsky brush and it really helps. Still I'm afraid a blurry picture works to it's advantage here :biggrin.:

It has to be said that there is generally a lot going on the model even before I started applying BA-related bling. And console specifically is really stuffed with screens and buttons as you can see. One can be really spoiled for choices and I could have easily used most of my paints on it... In the end I went for a classic green for screens - a 'stay on target' display for the gunner and a map and [something?] for the driver. If I ever build another, I would be tmpted to make violet screens for a change I think.

Edited by Majkhel

Aaaaand the flying brick is done:

med_gallery_105306_14251_818884.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_1098348.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_454489.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1444321.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_708014.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1219750.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1339327.jpg

I can also swap weapons (apart from the side launchers and under-slung missiles which are glued)
med_gallery_105306_14251_1132633.jpg

Decided to go with the Close Support yellow helmets, but also took to heart something I think Thoridon said about yellow helmets looking out of place unless there are some other yellow elements around. I think it came out decently especially with a bit muted yellow.
I also changed the turret gunner into a servitor with a press mould made from a techmarine shoulder pad.

Cheers! :smile.: Edited by Majkhel

Thanks for the comments! 

Gorgeous! Also a nice conversion on the turret. But somehow I find the red air intakes a bit irritating. My mind says they should be black or metal.

I supposed I simply missed this during painting :biggrin.: 
While I do not mind those bars in the intakes being red, the spaces between them I should have made darker than they are. I'll see if a coat of dark wash will do the trick.

Also, I think I will add some more decals at one point, but I started to be exhausted with the touch-ups on this model. I also have to figure the way I want to number my vehicles inside the Company first.

Edited by Majkhel