MBA++Blood Angels 5th Company - into the Leviathan's maw

Majkhel

• 3 weeks later...

Took a little break from the Libby Dread to join GBBO

I MAJKHEL, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one out-of-competition Captain on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

OOC, because I really wanted to use Tolmeron's body and pose to make a Primaris size Captain with TH.

And here is what I cooked:

gallery_105306_14251_3266.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_121926.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_76608.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_79529.jpg

This is basically Lieutenant Tolmeron with some twists. Firstly the obvious head swap (my wife's choice :) ), Jump Pack addition and exchanging of the Power Sword for a Thunder Hammer. Secondly, right arm has been magnetized so now I can swap between Storm Shield and anything else I would fancy.

I've also added some grenades as his belt looked kinda empty and arm-pit protection plates from the BA Terminators kit.

The Thunder Hammer got some additional length (I think the bottom piece is one of the antennae from the GK Interceptor backpack) and a purity seal cause you can never have too many of those.

Edited by Majkhel

• 1 month later...

Hey mate

How goes it with that awesome Libby Dread conversion?

Looking into something similar myself after some inspiration from you.

Im looking in to what torso i will go with, the BA one or the regular one and what i can paint blue to still get the libby feeling.

Regards

Hey, thanks for nudging me on this topic Gingerninja! :)

The Dread moved a little since last I posted about him, but not much. I still haven't done that psychic hood :/  That being said I wasn't totally idle on the subject, as I tried to sculpt the ribbons for the purity seal on the halberd and it came out nice enough. Still not quite sure if my sculpting skills are up to the task, but hey - only one way to find out. I also gave it a basecoat of Mephiston Red and played 2 games with it.

So as you have been so kind as to push me, I will attempt to finish the assembly/creation of part of him later today.

As for the paint-scheme - I'm keeping him for the ETL, but the plan is to keep him mostly red. There will be blue additions of course. Definitely the protection plate with the horned skull on his left arm. I'm still torn on the sarcophagus. 
I'll be making some pictures to test different color schemes and will ask your opinions.

I did it! The psychic hood is completed! Both shell and internal cabling. Some additional bits glued, Librarius horned skull kit-bashed and big purity seal on the halbered also finished.
I've started thinking about sculpting some psychic power effect gathering around the free hand... but that can be added later :P

Photo-spam incoming :cool.:

Psychic hood shell

med_gallery_105306_14251_58197.jpg

Psychic circuitry/cabling/psychoactive plugs/whatever around the head

med_gallery_105306_14251_18521.jpg

All put together

med_gallery_105306_14251_52264.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_235162.jpg

Here without the cabling, but the Librarius skull on shoulder more visible

med_gallery_105306_14251_96222.jpg

Force halberd with purity seal

med_gallery_105306_14251_25848.jpg

And that's how he looks overall:
med_gallery_105306_14251_59109.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_59109.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_37324.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_6083.jpg

I declare him ready for the ETL :)

Impressive work on the Librarian Contemptor. Is that face a metal or ceramic death mask, not the interred Librarian's flesh-and-blood face?

I'm going to paint it as a mask. The idea of it being ceramic is very interesting, thanks Bjorn! Originally I assumed it would be bronze/gold in color, but we'll see once the overall color scheme clarifies.

From the sound and the description, the "ceramite" power armor is made of, is probablt a ceramic-metal composite.

That is pretty much canon IIRC, but there is paint or other coating techniques like gilding or galvanization (ceramite would need a significant metal content for that though) so do whatever you like. 

BTW will the halberd get a longer spike? it looks a bit short to me.

Edited by Quixus

That is pretty much canon IIRC, but there is paint or other coating techniques like gilding or galvanization (ceramite would need a significant metal content for that though) so do whatever you like. 

That's certainly true, however if we paint something it will not give out the "feel" of the original material. At least at first glance. Bjorn's comment gave me the idea of a white/almost white porcelain-like face mask. We'll see.

BTW will the halberd get a longer spike? it looks a bit short to me.

Yes, for the purpose of thrusting it certainly is a bit short. Not by much, as I believe it would still be able to pierce something, but still.

Current length of the spike is due to the blade used for it's construction - SG sword - was already broken at that point. I had re-sharpened it to it's current shape, but length couldn't be amended. I may be replacing that at some point or adding something beneath it, but It's not that bad and the halberd itself is already quite big as it is.

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

More building. This time a Primaris Captain in Phobos armor from the Shadowspear box.
Without further ado here he comes:
gallery_105306_14251_87279.jpggallery_105306_14251_12847.jpg

I spent quite some time thinking on how to convert him, as I really wanted something else on the board once those start hitting the tables. For some unknown reasons I wanted to move his weapon to the left hand and this idea has been finalized with an Intercesor Stalker bolt rifle, which I liked as it's properly big.
The other hand got an auspex. Finally the head from the Eliminators kit (not my idea, I found it while browsing the net for inspiration).

Still not sure about the servo skull. I might add it to the base later. Maybe some extra BA bits will also find their place on him, but for now he is as he is.

Hope you like him :)

• 2 weeks later...

So got most things done on my own Libby Dread conversion. Got pretty happy, think it will look cool when all the details and the base is done.

Thanks for the inspiration! :tongue.:

It dosent seem to work with inserting an image, so ill just post a link. :smile.:

https://imgur.com/a/Gnk15XT

1tU8Xbv.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/TKxeYxV

PSrykzZ.jpg

Edited by Gingerninja

Wow that looks great! I really like all the extra trims, is that the new BA Contemptor that you used?

Yes, the one from forgeworld, it was really nice to work with as well. Better then some other resin models Ive done.

To insert images go to your imgur gallery, click on the image you want to post here and copy the BBCode link on the right. Paste it in your post.

Thanks, didnt find the BBCode at first.

Edited by Gingerninja