Nurgle Daemons complimenting DG/Mort

Prot

Guys I'm trying to test a potential list for an ITC event.

I'm trying double battalion in a few games with DG being the main event and it has Mortarion in it. The list is fairly basic, running some Plagueburst Crawlers, and chaff...Poxwalkers/Cultists, minimal Plaguemarines with Psychic support.

The Nurgle Battalion is based on a VERY minimal amount of daemons because the original goal of it was to provide board support in a Post FAQ world with Nurglings, and help Mortarion live a bit longer with Fleshy Abundance.

What I was considering was throwing in some plaguedrones. They seem okay for the points. More low level stuff I suppose, but they're fast. I'm not sure if it's worth it though. Also looking for ways that the Nurgle part will help Mort out?

DG is largely based on Typhus and nerfed Poxwalkers getting up the board with a Plaguecaster with Psychic support + some cultsts, and the PBC tannks. At 1750 this is really hard but I want to get these Nurgle daemons in the mix.

So the Daemon part is Poxbringer x2, 3 x Nurglings. That gets me a lot of command points, and some models on the table, but not much else. Any thoughts from the daemon end of it?

Instead of the drones, would a chaos daemon DP or two be worth including? Relative to the drones, the princes are just as fast, can't be targeted, offer more psyker presence and are pretty dang killy. You could even replace the poxbringers with daemon princes. They can speed along with Morty and keep him healed/buffed.

Interesting idea. I was considering a Nurgle DP for the daemons. But I can't replace the Drones with him.. but could perhaps replace one of the Poxbringers AND my Drone idea for a combination of points that give me a nurgle DP with Flesh Abundance.... Let's see if I can make that fit.

Archived