power levels right?

spafe

Hi guys. I've recently come around to the idea of geting my R&H up to 8th (mainly by adding a blood pact vanguard to my chaff battalion), but when pricing up my various guard armies, and my chaos or blood angels, they all come out roughly 50 power level is 1000 points (give or take 100, maybe 150 points). With my R&H list to get to 1000 points I'm at 71 power level!

Now none of these are optimised for one or the other, as all armies were by and large built for... somewhere between 3rd and 7th edition when I was playing each army more. But also as a starting point for a slow growth my club might be running, I went for 25 power level (our first game agreed level), and the points were about 330 (give of take 20), wheras once again my guard of genestealer cult lists would be approx 500 points at 25 power level.

Are the r&h points costs out, power levels out, or have I just been list building wrong?

As a final side thing (because I havent kept massivily up to date with all the faq stuff), I assume militia still are 5+ whereas cultists are 4+ at shooting etc? I'm sure this ahs been debated somewhere else, so can anyone point me in that direction too? (sorry I had a look but couldnt really find a topic on it)

Thanks guys!

I dont use power levels, but some R&H points costs have been adjusted by FAQ/CA. Are you using a list builder?

Unfortunately yes Militia are still poor BS5 shots, Cultists 4.

R&H are unfortunately stuck in Index hell right now. It doesnt seem FW has any plans of providing a proper army list in the near future.

yeah, I've been using battlescribe with hte latest files, so plasma is now more (not the old 7 points, and the melta has likewise gone up). Dont want to say all the new prices cos I know thats frowned on, but yeah, latest points adjustments are taken into acount.

The most stark one I have noticed is the commander is the same PL as the 5 psyker council... but their point difference is huge! not sure why though. I guess it's just the joys of an index list.

Thanks for letting me know (now to work out how to justify my renegade guard with their heavy kit being less trained than the rabble that is barely above mutants...)

I highly recommend to not use power levels, especially not on RH. Our units are all overpriced in points and power levels.

A Company Commander costs 2 Power and 30 Points, A Renegade Commander costs 3 Power and 25 Points, but has no Orders. This is not the case for every unit, but especially for the Disciples. These cost 3 Power and 30 Points, now we look at Imperial Veterans they cost 5 Power, but wait it is 10 man squad, so our squad would be 6 Power and we have less access to weapons.

Same with the Ogryns for 6 Power, Astra Militarum they cost 5. One could argue "Combat Stimms", I say ours cannot shoot.

You see we could do this on the entire list. Our units have been thrown into the Index without much thinking, best example was the totally broken Malefic Lord, which is totally overpriced now and probably the reason psi cannot be used efficiently anymore. I could point out at least a dozen writing mistakes in the Index as well that FW never corrected.

Again stay away from Power Levels, it makes the game really unbalanced, a full Loyalist Marine Squad is 9 Power, which is a full Squad Disciples, same Weapon options, same BF, but way less toughness and Marines can split their troops.

Sorry if this appears a bit too angry written by me, but I actually am about this stuff not being addressed appropriately, while GW did interfere in Chapter Approved with our stuff. I played once with Power Levels against Marines out of fun, was tabled turn 3. I was never tabled this Edition so far, not even on tournaments.

Thats wacky i never noticed the power levels. Best use for heavy weapons outside of mortars is MSU Disciples for the BS3.

Too bad the only concern GW had was to fix the Maelific Lord abuse and hari kari our artillery carriage units.

Oh yeah. Forgot about the 3 Power Earthshaker Battery that costs 115 Points to a 6 Power Basilisk for 108... You can spam those. Thanks Akrim :wink:

Hah! That is magnificent. Quad Mortars too. Oh man, I might need to take them to the local PL league. I just want to shell things with mass artillery, is that so wrong?

Oh wow... okay, so it's more off that I thought! Kinda annoying though as my group is all fairly relaxed in terms of gaming, playing for fun. PL have really taken off due to limited time mos tof us have to make lists etc (and the pita way the books are structured now with points making it actively difficult to make a list). So I think I'll be forced into pl games for a while (against nurgle, blood angels, dark angels, guard and maybe normal marines).

I don't want to jsut spam/abuse the earthshakers if they are so undercosted (also will need to source some models for them), but equally I dont fancy being at such a huge disadvantage against every other army.

I'll have a play around with some lists and see where I end up. Thanks guys for the quick replies (even if they are not the ideal answers lol). I'll pop back soon with more questions no doubt. 

Archived