DA ARK-AN-AH WAAAAAAAAAGH! A kitbashing PLOG

allegedlynerdy

WELL BOYZ, IT ZEEMZ DAT I AVE STARTED A NEW ARMY, DIS WUN BEING ORKZ. I DESIDED DAT DA BESTEST WAY TO GIT IT DONE ALL SPEEDY LIKE WAS TO START DIS HERE "PLOG" AS DA 'UMIES CALL IT.

*Ahem* silly accents aside, I seem to have turned from the light of the emperor to start an Ork army. I'm calling it the "ARK-AN-AH WAAAAAAAAAGH!" to go with my "Arkanna Crusade" Templars and my Arkannian Survivors Guard stuff.

The main purpose of this army is kitbashing, because as a treadhead I end up with lotsa leftover tanky bits, and I figured I somehow needed to use em.

This is what I'm working on now. I think I'll use it as a bigtrakk unless the looted tank comes back in the codex:

iQuND2F.jpg

Nice work so far! I've been contemplating a looted Rhino kinda like that as well, cut roof etc. Problem being having so many armies that use actual Rhinos, hah! :p

Nice work so far! I've been contemplating a looted Rhino kinda like that as well, cut roof etc. Problem being having so many armies that use actual Rhinos, hah! :p

DATZ NO EKS-KUZE NOT TA LOOT!

I actually picked this up for pretty cheap. Already built. It met my killsaw-er, Dremel.

Dem 'umies git arse-'urty if we try ta loot dem metal boxes!

As for second-hand Rhinos, shipping tends to be a bother, often when that is factored in a new one can be hand from "discount vendors" for just a bit more (or actually a Razorback while at it).

Dem 'umies git arse-'urty if we try ta loot dem metal boxes!

As for second-hand Rhinos, shipping tends to be a bother, often when that is factored in a new one can be hand from "discount vendors" for just a bit more (or actually a Razorback while at it).

If I'm going to buy new, I'd go for a chimera kit. Same price, but is a bit bigger and has more dakka.

Plus fluffwise ‘umie vehicles are going to be way more plentiful than beakie vehicles. I’ve been meaning to keep an eye out for cheap chimeras and tauroxes to loot up myself. Also the secret to ebaying good lootables is being patient and watching for stuff that’s truly atrocious that nobody in their right mind would bid on. Getting a rhino or chimera or what have you for fifteen bucks including shipping is not too rare, unless you’re in Australia or something, in which case good luck.

(Tip: they usually have “pro painted” in the listing title but look like it was caked on with a drywall mud trowel)

If I'm going to buy new, I'd go for a chimera kit. Same price, but is a bit bigger and has more dakka.

Well there's that, though I don't like how Chimeras look that much and currently basically the only way to run a Rhino or Chimera "looted wagon" transport is as a counts-as-trukk as far as I can tell? In which case you only get the one gun anyway.

But now I got this crazy vision about two Rhinos "fused" together and carrying turrets and whatnot to make it into a looted battlewagon... :teehee:

WELL BOYZ, DA PAINT RUNTS 'AVE BEN AT WORK ON DA LOOTED TRUKK TO GIT IT NICE AN' FAST. DIS BIGMEK TOLD ME DAT RED MADE STUFF GO ALL FASTER LIKE.

4ORJjXe.jpg

DA MEKBOYZ AND I 'AVE BEN WORKIN' ON DIS 'ERE BIGTRAKK WIT DAT DERE SUPASKORCHA.

1oWtRr3.jpg

HCjMhob.jpg

ONE OF DA BOYZ KAME ACROSS DIS 'UMIE TING, I TINK IT WAS KALLED A "DEFF-STRIKE". DON'T KNOW WAT IT DOES, BUT IT SEEMS TO GO FAST, SO WE PUT SOME WINGS AND SOME SHOOTAS ON IT!

WeR4Uad.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived