More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

That would indeed be nice.

I could relax today too as FW answered my mail (had some mould-slips on a MK II despoiler squad) with that they would send me replacements for the wonky parts of the kit. I was afraid they would go "sorry, it's OOP now.."

MKII is notorious for slips across the outside of the legs ( inevitably across the rivets). The designer (in my opinion) should have been more mindful of rivet placement in terms the mold seam location.  

Before you get your hopes up, every example of MKII I've ever gotten had mold slip across the outside of the leg....

Still waiting to see the verdict on my order placed 25th May but it's not been 35 days yet.

On the plus side my tank crew came in today. Time to look at tanks and work out where I intend on putting them (currently have no tanks as building my OA list first).

Same here, they are replacing like half the Malcador, torso and shins of my DG contemptor, a pait of MK II legs and shoulderpads, Leviathan grav gun and a wonky lascannon for the Proteus kit.

Customer service is on point :)

No mold lines.

This gave it away, because there's always a mold line.

:rolleyes:  Obviously, I meant there were no  excessive  mold lines or superfluous resin that makes working with the miniatures more difficult on the models I received. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with people putting every single word on trial these days on this forum ? 

Ah well, no need to ask I reckon, one just has to read that topic in rules discussion where someone tried to  interpret  the Stone Gauntlet in a ways so no Praetor could be taken ... laughable, and one has to ask oneself if people always try to bend every wording to their advantage. :down:

Small update: I've inspected the MkII despoilers and assault squad kits, since they still come in plastic bags. The legs, the part that I was mostly worried about, look decent enough, some of them have a minor mold slip but it is easily corrected through a bit of sanding, I don't think it'll be necessary to fill gaps. The jump packs were also mostly ok, again some very minor slip in a couple of them. The worst part is probably the sprue contact point, as one of them has broken free and has left it slightly damaged. The turbines also look mostly ok. One of the jump pack vents has bits of mold attached, so I hope mine was one of the last assault squad orders :wacko.:. I've spotted a couple of bubbles here and there, but again nothing out of the normal/acceptable. 

I still have to check the tactical and command squad kits, since they come in blisters and now I don't have a lot of time. However, the legs also look correct enough at first sight. I also have a couple of ironclad dreads and some heavy weapons, hopefully during the weekend I will have time to review the condition of all the kits.

Overall, a good first impression, considering I was fearing a mess with the MkII kits. I'll try to take some pictures to the mold slips of the legs for you to judge, but I find them pretty minor.

Funny things: the kits in the bags come with a panflet containing more or less the same info on their "working with resin" pdf guide. In them, they announce their airbrush paints range, which is painfully ironic given the situation, even if it did not personally affect me. On the other hand, they have included a promotional panflet with a code for a 15% discount and a free DLC for the Inqusitor: Martyr videogame. I don't know if I'll get this game, but it is a nice gesture.

Now it is time for 40k to bleed. By the looks they're really kickin' all the unsellable stuff out, after all.

Wait, what is that in my quiver?

Ouh... it's an "I told you so" arrow.

So, who wants some o' tha'? ;)

Have confirmation my order has shipped and everything is apparently dispatched. Here's hoping the casting on my stuff is good enough to work with.

Might have to order all the Command sets and Counsels/Paretors when I'm next paid just so I'm not panic buying. Well played FW.

Do we think this means a decent number of things are in the pipeline? Obviously we know some stuff is on its way (bigger DDP yes please!).

NEW LAST CHANCE TO BUY

.....this is probably the kinds of things that should have been LCTB first, not major pieces of the HH model range. Most if not all of the Red Scorpion stuff, resin icon upgrades, that's about it.

Another week of relief, and in my naivety, I'm feeling relaxed that perhaps the worst is behind us now?

I don't think they'll return to remove more HH items (although 40k items that could aestheyically fit the HH may still be at risk), I don't really see how could they further reduce the range without completely crippling certain factions (as in losing specific units hard to replace with other kits). While it was a severe culling, and specially painful for certain legions and even more for the ones yet unreleased, the general pattern for HH seemed to be geared towards a streamlining of options and greatly reducing the number of kits available in accordance to sale numbers (inside the HH range, not in absolute numbers). As we've seen, some 40k ranges have been hit even harder, such as the Elysian IG regiment.

In the case of the Red Scorpions, it seems again they are aiming to reduce the range to the minimal necessary, and that's why doors, basic shoulderpads and the most recent additions are staying. The kits that are being discontinued are really old, and the Red Scorpions upgrade kit, as some frater have already said, is mostly superfluous due to the availability of MkIV alternatives, even if some specific bits are lost. Commander Culln is probably in the LCTB list due to its age and being dead in the setting, and probably sales may also be a factor (it is probably one of the least popular character model of the Badab War range, as others such as Huron and Tyberos are great base models or at least bits sources). In contrast, it seems the Sevrin Loth and Co. kit is not getting the axe, and its great popularity as a source for bits and a helmeted librarian model has had probably a big influence. It might very well be that on the following weeks we see most of the Badab War range gone, but I hope FW does not do the same it has done with the MkII kits, and just announces all LCTB kits from the same range at the same time.

So, yeah. FW customer service is the best.

They replaced like half the kit from the Malcador and today the other parcel showed up.

So I needed 3 MK II shoulderpads and 2 legs replaced : FW goes; yeeeah.. no. here. Have a full 5-man mk II kit.

Also one part of a Grav-flux Bombard, FW: New Bombard for you, all of it, everyone needs spares.

And then I needed two new geaves due to a nasty mouldslip för my DG contemptor and FW goes NEW COMPLETE DEATH GUARD CONTEMPTOR FOR YOU GOOD SIR!

they do mess up a bit but holy smokes do they make up for it ^_^

Yup, some months ago they sent me a full MkV kit because the one I got in the order had 1 right arm missing. The funny part is that the new kit also missed a right arm :D (I did report it so they could check if there was a problem with the mold).

My May 24 order for some final Mk II dudes and Umbra-pattern bolters shipped today. I was starting to wonder!

I’m still annoyed at how this has been handled, but it was a significant improvement to keep casting minis until our orders were fulfilled. Some of us on other continents were waking up after certain items had sold out during the first round of cuts.

Archived