More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

I imagine a re sort. We had this with SOH reavers a few weeks ago, totally blank no excuse or explanation. They are now available again.

Same thing happened with the Emperor's Children Palatine Blades squad.

When my order of Lernaeans was delivered recently, they came in a white, lower-quality version of the Character series-style boxes rather than the old-style bags. This might have been going on for a while (I haven't brought much in the way of Forge World aside from characters or unit upgrades for some time, so I'm not in a position to say) but it may well be that the basic troops choices and the Legion-specific units that are staying are all slowly being moved over to this new packaging and that's why there's an occasional temporary removal of items.

I imagine a re sort. We had this with SOH reavers a few weeks ago, totally blank no excuse or explanation. They are now available again.

Same thing happened with the Emperor's Children Palatine Blades squad.

Yeah, there's a lot of units that are being 're-packaged' into white boxes from their original plastic zip-lock bag. Sons of Horus Reavers were one of them (I asked about it at the WHW FW store and they confirmed after checking with someone in the offices), and I guess everything else will be the same. It would appear that every FW product will either be available as a blister clam pack, white box, character series box, or larger box (such as Titans) going forward and the clear bags are a thing of the past.

Ah good point, my Rampagers came in the white box with tray recently now that I think about it!

Suppose this means that other basic stuff like MkIV Assault squads will get the same treatment at some point and disappear for a few weeks? 

I would expect so, although I have no idea why it takes so long to change packaging over. The rationale for the changes being that it’s less likely for parts to get damaged in boxes rather than bags.

On a seperate, but still somewhat on topic, point FW just announced a “Buy a Knight, won a Knight” competition on the GW community page. As much as I would like to get some more Mechanicum Knights, and have a chance to win a Porphyrion, I just can’t commit to it with LCTB hanging overhead. It’s getting more difficult to make impromptu purchases not knowing what’s next on the chopping block, even with the opportunity of a free Knight.

Buy a knight/titan, win a knight... I'll admit, that annoyed me after last week's Warhound purchase :P 

I am glad to hear if more stuff being boxed.  Tank in a bag has never been the most exciting way to receive stuff, but the titan box will get you shaking.  But you're absolutely right m_r_parker, the LCTB really does limit large scale purchases.  You get a chance to win a knight at the cost of maybe never getting that niche showpiece unit that you never expected to disappear; it's not a great trade off to me. 

I guess so. It was already in a box, but only as bags in a box. I've noticed that in some kits, they've been putting some of the more delicate parts in those smaller plastic clam boxes. That might be what this is?

Knight Lancer is now No Longer Available. Given that the Knight Acheron is back, maybe this is just a repackaging?

Why are FW so terrible at communication?! Just a quick post on Facebook would be better than making potential customers upset over and over again.

Knight Lancer is now No Longer Available. Given that the Knight Acheron is back, maybe this is just a repackaging?

Why are FW so terrible at communication?! Just a quick post on Facebook would be better than making potential customers upset over and over again.

Facebook repacks miniatures on a regular basis. Instead of getting upset over and over again the customers could just accept that fact and wait for the stuff to reappear. :)

If it ever re-appears.

What, the Lancer? It's already back up. Jesus christ, people.
This... moment is so beautiful, I want to invite it to my home, make some dinner, play Talk Dirty to me and make lots of litte 'I told you so's.

So folks Forgeworld Friday and nothing happens. Or did I miss something on their homepage?

LCTB is back today, with the banner contents we saw a few weeks ago that never actually happened:

• Thallax with Irad cleanser (not any others) (BTW, autocorrect tried to turn 'Irad' into 'Iran', not really appropriate but a little funny)
  • Knight heads
  • Knight Cerastus heads
  • Knight Transfers (Malinax and Makabius)
  • Legio Transfers (Fureans, Atarus and Astorum)
  • Knight Scion seated
  • Titan crew on foot (already not available)

Also for the 40k crowd some of the Xenos upgrades have gone LCTB too (Eldar Corsair jet bike upgrades, Ork guns, some Tau pieces)

The Knight heads have not been around that long, however with the exception of cerastus head 3 and imperial knight heads 6 & 6, I would not buy them.

Loss of transfer sheets is a real kicker though

Guess I need to overbuy Malinax sheets!!!

Eurgh the Knight Heads are so cool, glad I got a few from WHW but can't remember which ones!!!

Also interesting that it's not all the Knight heads. My favourite one is still on sale it seems...

And as bad as it is... I've not seen these heads at re-casters!

I’m disappointed that several items sold out before my time zone woke up. I definitely think less of Forge World because of how they’ve run this LCTB program.

I second that.

Giving the players the chance to buy stuff before taking it away from stock is much worse then simple killing kits without telling us like they did in the past.

What are those people thinking?

Archived