More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

Well, this is heartbreaking. I'm sitting on a pile of Sons of Horus upgrades ATM, but to further expand the force in the future now worries me.

When the paint went, I called Forge World and obviously received no answer on future products. I'd like to hope that this means will see all new items. What's the rumor mill so far on all of these happenings? 

This is pretty much just been playing in my mind all weekend

IF you want to get melodramatic like a spoiled kid you should use something with more force and more anger ;)

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FR/Legion-Sicaran-Venator

What the..?

FW would get far with a better way of getting information to us. This could be like... the mould is broken or something. But with no information there's only anxiety to fill the hole.

Surely the Venator is just temporarily out of stock... one would think it’s one of the more popular sicaran variants

The Venator was not on the list for Last Chance to Buy, so likely, it is just temporarily unavailable...

It happens all the time on he website.

The Venator was not on the list for Last Chance to Buy, so likely, it is just temporarily unavailable...

It happens all the time on he website.

Is it though? I thought when that happens they just list it as 'out of stock' whereas the Venator there is 'no longer available', which carries a far greater air of permanence to it (and has been used to show kits going away forever, though that might have been GW, not FW).

Which is a bit beside the point, FW should work on their information presentation. If they mean 'temporarily out of stock' or 'will return with new packaging', why not just list it as that, far clearer for the customer, and less likely to create panic/uncertainty/bad blood than this.

Last chance to buy has the hour glass symbol in the lower left side. The Sicaran Venator does not.

We had this in the past for a few other items and it was down t the fact it might be gone for a while, as moulds get reworked etc....

While it is a shame that it has gone (for now) I doubt that it has gone forever.

The best way to get a definitive answer id to ask FW themselves.

In regards to the Venator:

The Land Raider Prometheus was listed as "No Longer Available" a week after my friend ordered one, and it's back in stock.

I think the mold got borked and they're remaking it. Same thing happened with the World Eaters chaos Marine Terminator upgrade kit.

Probably the mold needs redoing or some such.

In the run up of ETL VI I thought about ordering some more Thallax and the Cohort with Irad-Clenser where marked as 'No Longer Available' but they are back now. The Venator should be back in a few weeks.

Thinking about it more calmly, I can believe that torsos and Mk II shoulder pads sold poorly. The former were pricey, totally optional (no in-game effects), and only looked right if you were using the matching armor mark. Heads are more obvious and you get 10 in a pack. Shoulder pads are fairly obvious, hardly anyone's buying Mk II armor.

If they were selling poorly because of recasts, that's partially on us (the price didn't help, imo). But if they sold poorly because of 30k's general downturn, I don't think they can blame that on consumers. We're in the middle of an unusually long gap between campaign books, after the Thousand Sons models came out we had nearly a year of Custodes (which I have to think would've sold better if not for the backlash due to being frustrating to play against) and Rhino doors. Of course sales are down. Accept that it happened due to unfortunate circumstances (and a lack of a Plan B ) and wait for a normal year before making business decisions based on sales.

Also, I naively thought FW existed as the branch of GW that could make specialty products that didn't need to justify themselves.

In any case, FW is part of a big company - they shouldn't have these limitations on room for molds and inventory items. It's like they have all of the disadvantages of a small company (limited staff and space) and all of the disadvantages of a big one (accountants telling them what they have to discontinue, higher management giving them more projects than they can handle, being told they have to reveal certain releases through GW's media first, etc.).

These were also pretty fundamental products to what makes 30k popular among hobbyists: the level of detail each legion receives in their customization options. That's why we feel threatened by their loss, I think.

Does this suck? Yeap

thankfully Shapeways has us covered.

Pop Goes the Monkey had some products taken down just the day before the announcement. Too close to the real thing, I guess. Typical policy on sites like Shapeways and YouTube is “take down first, then ask questions” so that shop is, to an extent, at the whim of GW Legal (or anyone else who wants to file complaints).

Since the announcement I ordered a pack of IF torsos for my to-be-made sergeants/characters, they look great but the 'now-or-never' factor was the main reason why I would buy them as the average hobbyist that I am! Like others have said, the lack of sales is more than imaginable to me.

The Sicaran Venator is showing as available for me.

I also picked up a pack of Alpha Legion torsos, I was planning on getting some more at some point but the announcement pushed it up the schedule.

Cheers

Vogon

Does this suck? Yeap

thankfully Shapeways has us covered.

But for those of us who don’t buy 3rd party, it just sucks. That’s my choice though so I can’t complain too much.

I’m sure it will come up (probably loudly), but I wouldn’t mind if somebody attending Warhammer Fest would ask some questions about this. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I've sent an e-mail today because the order I placed last week is still pending, and all the torso kits I ordered appear as "No longer available". Not looking good at all, hopefully I'll have more info tomorrow.

So apparently my order of Alpha Legion torsos has been lost in the post and there are no replacements to be had at FW so I’ve been issued a refund.

Bugger!

Ah man that sucks... sorry to hear. Stupid (insert country name here) postal service.

Does it throw a spanner in the works for your army or do you think you’ll get by without them?

So apparently my order of Alpha Legion torsos has been lost in the post and there are no replacements to be had at FW so I’ve been issued a refund.

Bugger!

Ah man that sucks... sorry to hear. Stupid (insert country name here) postal service.

Does it throw a spanner in the works for your army or do you think you’ll get by without them?

It doesn’t have much of an impact but would have been nice to throw a bit more Legion character in to the army.

Cheers

Vogon

Annoyingly, I ordered two packs of Iron Hands terminator pads, then ordered two more. After a week of not being sent out, I checked my emails and I realised I'd ordered the Iron Warriors pads by accident. Doughnut! Then couldn't get through to FW to change the order; by the next day I was told I was a day too late to change said order. Go figure.

Ah well, maybe I'll just have to start some Iron Warriors lol.

Archived