Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 Point Stygies list

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Logiter

Logiter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Hey all,

Just finished basing all my models and itching to get a game against a friend soon. Just looking for some advice on the best way to play the following list. It is essentially all my Ad Mech models (only three vanguard not used with an arc, plasma and data tether plus a Datasmith).

Things like which HQs should stick with what, who should be the target of the Stygies Strat, etc.

*note: my knight is fully magnetized for all options if anyone suggest a small alteration to the list.

Battalion - 716

HQ - 250

Tech priest dominus - 125

Tech priest dominus - 125

Troops - 206

8 vanguard 2 arc rifle - 72

5 rangers arquebus omnispex - 67

Heavy - 260

Dunecrawler icarus array - 130

Dunecrawler icarus array - 130

Battalion - 548

HQ - 94

Enginseer - 47

Enginseer - 47

Troops - 234

9 vanguard 2 plasma caliver - 100

Heavy - 220

2 Kastelan tri-phosphor - 220

LOW - 585

Knight AGC/RFBC 2HS/HF stormspear

Total: 1849 points and 13 Command points

Look forward to any ideas!

gallery 45765 11565 11549

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights and Admech

In my mind the main use for Stygies is to get units very close and punish the enemy (Fulgerites, CC Bots, Corpuscarii, 10 Vanguard) or too just sit back and use the -1 to outshoot your opponent.

Id be interested to know your game plan with this list as I believe you have spent too much on Troops/HQs. One Battalion should be fine and then potentially a spearhead or something.

Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Scurvydog

Scurvydog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 160 posts

4 of your 6 troop choices can't move around at all if they want to shoot their TA's, which seems like a bad idea to get any points.

Also as mentioned a bit too many points on HQ's compared to their value, this list is not that CP hungry. I'd also get a Neutron for at least 1 of the Crawlers and/or change the battle cannon on the knight to the thermal cannon, for anti armor power, otherwise you will have difficulty chewing through big multi wound models. The avenger cannon, robots and many troops already bring anti horde/meq firepower.

I would probably just make 1 battallion, cut down HQ's to 1 dom and 1 enginseer, cut out 2 ranger squads with TA's and get either some electro priests or dragoons. Especially dragoons are amazing as stygies, great for getting objectives and supporting a knight, I find they do the armigers job better than armigers. If you have 3 together, they do inredible damage with conqueror strategem as well.

24.jpg

Lazy Soldier

Lazy Soldier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

I think the guys above touched on how to improve the list when you decide to add models in the future so I won't touch on that. 

As to how you play the list that you have currently built, I would stick one of the dominus and an enginseer near the dunecrawwlers as the dominus will give the re roll ones and be able to repair one of them and the enginseer will be able to repair the other. Not always that two will take separate damage but depends on cover and line of sight for things. The repair rolls are huge to keep your tanks at top bracket efficiency. 

The other dominus I would run around with the kastalleans as he will also give them reroll ones to hit. the kastalleans really need some sort of reroll to make them truly terrifying to be honest. 

On the knight I much prefer the thermal canon to the RFBC, and it is much cheaper as well, so may be able to add in a few more guys as you mentioned you had a plasma guy not used in this list. 

I think Stygies is a good choice (easily my favorite) but the kastalleans do excel in a mars detachment as the wrath of mars strat makes their shots even better and scarier. And leaving them in their base protocol is often underrated, as they have a 2+ save against anything without AP ( or even a 1+ technically if you get shroudpsalm off) 

Hope that all makes sense, good luck in your game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users