Primaris Librarian Model

has anybody else have a hard time aligning the robes to the back. One end will connect but leaves a huge gap on the left left and won't connect to the chest all the way. Now it's gotten to the point superglue has taken some of the detail out. Any tips to recovering?

I recently had similar trouble assembling mine, but I pressed it in place until the plastic glue held, and now the joins are pretty hard to see. I have no idea how to fix a model coated in too much glue, though.

Green stuff for extra folds in the cape would be my suggestion.

thats what I essentially did ant the end. was so determined to connect it, that i had to try atleast 10 times. with super glue. the lost detail is pretty much where you stick #1 chest piece to #2 left side of the robe. Thats where the first big gap was at between the armor / robe, and belt connecting to the right side. The top left side of the robe would not connect. and it was a little off, then trying to put on the back end. the left leg was just pushing it too far out. I checked the instructions multiple times, and it fit in the slot alright, but when it came down to it, it just wouldnt close. i closed the gaps, but the glue and putty essentially blurred the armor piece, but closed the cape gap. I will take pics of it when i get home. Luckily i complained on amazon, and chose to return the rest of it, and may get another one. It was to be a kitbash for my watch master. We will see how it goes but im thinking of just going to good ole bits off ebay to see what i can cook up. Just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem with any of their models, wondering if it was me or was that just a bad mold. 

The only thing I ever had trouble dryfitting is arms holding a gun. Capes and such should easily be possible to dryfit. I still didn't get around to build a Primaris Librarian tho so I can't say anything about specifically that model.

99120101181 PrimarisLibrarian01

The area highlighted in purple attaches to the red section, front early, with the leg highlighted in green connecting to the red. when trying to combine it to the back, theres a 2cm gap between the cape, and was lop sided near the shoulder part. 

I have to assume this was due to a previous part havingbeen misaligned (the head, possibly), making it impossible for the parts that go "on top" to fit properly...

I only made it to step 3. my only thought could be was the leg, but i kept rearranging the leg so it could close it, but it was no luck. one side would close while the other would open.

Sigh, I think I've built too many Simarites recently... Sorry, didn't quite remember how the Libby looked like before assembly.

Did you happen to glue both front pieces together before gluing them to the back? Looking at the sprues on the website, it does look like you'd first glue the chestplate and right side (from model's perspective) to the back, and then add the codpiece and right side once the first set is dry... No?

+ Edit: Actually, might have to be the other way 'round... Glue the codpiece/left, then the chestpiece/right.

I use Super Clean to strip my models I find secondhand. Coincidentally it destroys super glue (unsure about plastic glue). Just let it sit for a bit. I've had models forgotten in a pure solution for 6 months and they're perfectly fine.

Maybe that could help your loss of detail due to glue.

EDIT: It's in a purple container, commonly sold in auto shops in the US.

I use Super Clean to strip my models I find secondhand. Coincidentally it destroys super glue (unsure about plastic glue). Just let it sit for a bit. I've had models forgotten in a pure solution for 6 months and they're perfectly fine.

Maybe that could help your loss of detail due to glue.

EDIT: It's in a purple container, commonly sold in auto shops in the US.

Didnt even think of that, I'll throw it in the mix with the others and see what happens. 

I swear to god i have never been more frustrated putting a model together..... I couldn't get anything to line up.

trust i feel your pain. the front pieces gave me the worst time, then trying to align it to the back. Im so happy i purchased it from amazon. 

Archived