4th Company lost

Hi there, seeking the lore of the fellow brothers of the First Legion. As you may know the whole 4th Company was  lost during the Fall of Cadia campaign. Master of the Fleet Korahael went MIA and all remnants of the 4th were dead or also missing. 

My army -mostly old Space Marine models- is based on this company and i would like to know if anyone has news or knowledge about it. Back in november i asked Gav Thorpe in a Ask Me Anything on Reddit but no response came from him. So i dont know what is happening to the whole 4th. 

Presumably depleted ranks will be filled with Primaris Marines so i imagine any lost/KIA/MIA Company then will be Primaris only. 

My question is: Should I stick to this company or switch to another? I'd like to play with my mini Marines and being coherent with the background. I suppose i don't mind changing left knee badges :confused:

All advice is welcome. 

Thanks and praise the Lion. 

I’d keep your army as it is. Remodelling to keep up with background isn’t something I’d do (I’d rather make new models).

You could play your army as the pre-Cadia 4th Company or, if you do include want to play them post-Cadia, wouldn’t marines from the reserve companies move to the battle companies? Thus you’d still have ‘normal’ marines.

Well, I might be wrong, but I believe the events of the Fall of Cadia take place about a century before the Indomitus Crusade (if I’m wrong, someone please correct me here)

So even if the 4th co was completely wiped out, I would think the lost company would be filled in with marines from the reserve companies first (still old school marines). Now, the events of he Massacre at Darkmor really messed things up for the Unforgiven. At this point, yes, a lot of Primaris get introduced to the Legi... Unforgiven.

Really it’s all up to you how you want to model the company. You could play it as pre-Primaris where it would be all your old school marines. Or you could make it current, and have a mix of old school and Primaris. I wouldn’t do anything crazy like repainting all your knee pads. Just roll with the times!

Edit: ninja’d by Kierdale

Well, just because they are lost doesnt mean they cant be found. You could have them all the last remnants cut off from the Imperium, fighting theiir way though traitors and daemons. You could even collect some new Primaris Marines and have them meet up with the old company someday.

The beauty of 40K is that you don't have to limit yourself for a time period.

Your 4th can be from anytime period you want and modeled after the heroes you want. You can even have an alternate time period if you so wish!

Most likely the 4th company was reformed not long after being lost at cadia, before gulliman came to the dark angels with their primaris shipment.  If indeed the entirety of the 4th company was present at cadia, it may not have been the entire company. 

Also, the dark angels are most likely still making normal marines like the blood angels and their successors (and presumably all other non-primaris chapters), so no reason why you couldn't have normal marines in.

I have been thinking about it recently, and finally I am building my Primaris as 6th company due to:

• It is supposed to be a "Reserve" company
  • Knee pads are easier to paint
  • Double the amount of company decals I have, being able to use 6 and reversing 9.

My full battle company is the 4th. It's literally 50% primaris and 50% regular marines. The company command can either be primaris or regular marines (I have a set for both), and if I run primaris as the company command then their accompanying veteran squad will be hellblasters ;)

My point is there is a lot of room to run with the updated lore behind 4th company. Make it your's :)

Archived