Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 points list for the GT event in London

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

Hi everyone,

It has been many many years since I visited this forum and I've only done so recently, but I quit the hobby way back at the end of 5th and start of the 6th edition as I moved on, but like many others I came back because 8th looked interesting.

However, I'd thought I'd post up my list for everyone to see, because all the lists for the tournament are pretty much finalised, so there's no real danger in sharing. I'm not looking for a critique and I won't be going into detail as to exactly how I'll use this list, but most of the tips and tricks of this list should be obvious, bar a few.

Outrider Detachment - 1850 pts - 1 CP - 5 Units

1x Shield-Captain - 1x Dawneagle Jetbike - 1x Interceptor Lance - 1x Hurricane Bolters - 1x [RELIC] Auric Aquilas - [WARLORD TRAIT] Superior Creation

1x Shield-Captain - 1x Dawneagle Jetbike - 1x Interceptor Lance - 1x Hurricane Bolters - 1x [RELIC] Raiment of Sorrows

4x Vertus Praetors - 4x Interceptor Lance - 4x Hurricane Bolters

4x Vertus Praetors - 4x Interceptor Lance - 4x Hurricane Bolters

9x Vertus Praetors - 9x Interceptor Lance - 9x Hurricane Bolters

Vanguard Detachment - 148 pts - 1 CP - 5 Units

2x Primaris Psyker - 2x Force Stave - 2x Las Pistol

3x Commissar - 3x Bolter - 2x Power Sword

1998 pts - 10 Units - 5 Command Points (1 CP used to purchase an extra relic, so technically 4 CPs left)

In short, the psykers support the outrider detachment, with the warlord free to go wherever he wants to either hit lone units or support the back line if someone wants to sneak in behind me, while the commissars hold objectives at home.

My home base is solid, because nothing can target them, bar snipers, but that's why the guys will stay out of LOS.

I can also use the primaris psykers to deny deep strike zones, so the enemy can't gun for my commissars.

I'm not scared of any army and am prepared for the worst case scenarios (tested them all), bar two very specific lists. Thankfully, none of those two lists from the 440 present are at the tournament and nothing close resembles them.

I'm not worried about Thousand Sons, because I built the best list possible to counter this and no matter what I tried, this list rolled right over it with a convincing victory in every condition.

Edited by antique_nova, 09 May 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Competitive list builder who lives, breathes and plays in Grand Tournaments.

Looking for anyone who is willing to sell their heat 2/3/4 Nottingham GT ticket to me.

The one that is sold out in the link below:

https://warhammerwor...and-tournament/

dtse

dtse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
I been flirting with the big unit but I’m scared of morale. Has happened before and losing 90 points or more from morale makes one cry.

Oh. Flashbacks. Right now.

CanHammer, Warhammer 40k & Age of Sigmar from the Great White North

www.youtube.com/canhammer

www.canhammer.ca

www.facebook.com/canhammer

canhammer.yt@gmail.com

@canhammer_yt on instagram

Patreon.com/Canhammer

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

With this list, it's close to impossible. You'd need to kill at least 4 preators of the large squad and hope I roll a 6 without modifiers and even then you only have a 16% chance of losing 1 more.

You can't be scared, you need to be logical, because no one is going to rely on killing my big biker unit through morale.

Looking for anyone who is willing to sell their heat 2/3/4 Nottingham GT ticket to me.

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

I'd drop a bird and pick up a banner, either the termie version with +1 attack, just deep strike him into a big flock of eagles and bam. Or the -1 hit banner at the start of the game to create a screen.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts
The -1 to shoot only works if you go first and in an all bike army it's useless, because the banner guy can't keep up. Same reason for the +1 attack, because he must land 9"+ away from the enemy and his 6" aura won't reach the bikes after they've charged as they will be out of range. Any smart player will also play so that the vexila is never within range as your bikes move too fast for the banner to keep up.

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

The -1 to shoot only works if you go first and in an all bike army it's useless, because the banner guy can't keep up. Same reason for the +1 attack, because he must land 9"+ away from the enemy and his 6" aura won't reach the bikes after they've charged as they will be out of range. Any smart player will also play so that the vexila is never within range as your bikes move too fast for the banner to keep up.

Fair point.

dtse

dtse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
Is this ETc or ITC format or something else

www.canhammer.ca

canhammer.yt@gmail.com

Patreon.com/Canhammer

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

I believe it's ITC as the London GT counts towards that.

dtse

dtse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
You don’t have to be ITC format to score ITC points.

www.canhammer.ca

canhammer.yt@gmail.com

Patreon.com/Canhammer

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

Having gone to the tournament, I realised one thing, was that my approach was too obvious and trying to wipe out my bikes wasn't the easiest thing (which it was because I failed 75% of all saves, especially the +2 saves). That I wanted something to wipe out dangerous plasma squads from afar, so that they couldn't retaliate against the bikers who normally had null zone nearby.

So, I've created a list that has a far reaching support element which allows my bikes to hang back for a turn or two to cap objectives, while the Leman Russ destroys threatening units from a far.

However, that being said, this list, including my original post was never my strongest list overall and I knew that before I attended the tournament, but if you want the strongest Custodes list, then I believe the one below is and I know that the one that won the GT in London is different to this, but I don't think it was the best custodes list and as to why I didn't win first place, I can mostly blame on the dice, because my armour saves were atrocious since I failed more than 2/3rds of my 2+ armour saves, which was quite frankly shocking and embarrassing. I did make two tactical errors in two games (one where I won, the other I lost), but neither one of them were big enough to cost me the game.

Also, one of the games I lost was where a 10 man Dark Reaper unit was sitting on a piece of terrain that prevented anyone assaulting them, because there was no room (new stupid rule), while they gained a +1 cover save to being in ruins with a 5+ FNP, which made it next to impossible to beat the enemy.

Anyway, onto the list.

Outrider Detachment - 1420 pts - 1 CP - 4 Units

1x Warlord Kitten - Shield-Captain - 1x Dawneagle Jetbike - 1x Interceptor Lance - 1x Hurricane Bolters - 1x Auric Aquilas

Auric Aquilas: Gets ++3 invul save and can re-roll failed charge rolls.

Superior Creation: Each time you lose a wound, roll a D6, on a 5+ your warlord doesn’t lose it.

3x Vertus Praetors - 3x Interceptor Lance - 3x Hurricane Bolters - 270 pts

3x Vertus Praetors - 3x Interceptor Lance - 3x Hurricane Bolters - 270 pts

8x Vertus Praetors - 8x Interceptor Lance - 8x Hurricane Bolters - 720 pts

Vanguard Detachment - 580 pts - 0 CP - 8 Units

1x Knight Commander Pask - 1x Executioner Plasma Cannon - 2x Plasma Cannons - 1x Lascannon - 1x [RELIC] Relic of Lost Cadia - 1x Hunter Killer Missile - 1x Heavy Stubber

1x Primaris Psyker - 1x Force Stave - 1x Las Pistol (Buffs Pask)

Psychic Powers: Smite, Psychic Barrier, Nightshroud

3x Commissar - 3x Bolter - 1x Power Sword

2x Eversor Assassin - 2x Executioner Pistol - 2x Neuro-Gauntlet - 2xPower Sword - 2x Melta Bomb

1x Culexus Assassin - 1x Animus Spectrum - 1x Psyk-out Grenades

2000 pts - 12 Units - 4 Command Points (Minus 1 CP at the beginning of the fight for the extra relic)

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

I'd drop a bird and pick up a banner, either the termie version with +1 attack, just deep strike him into a big flock of eagles and bam. Or the -1 hit banner at the start of the game to create a screen.

x4GY9de.jpg

london-gt-list-1.jpg

73yW.gif

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,858 posts

So what. I still wouldn't do it, because it's not worth it and I stand by that statement, because dark reapers don't give two hoots if you have the banner or not and my jetbikes were always moving more than 14" or 20".

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

So what.

There is almost no day light between your current list and the one who won. They are both good armies, i believe his is a little more optimized (read: banner).

I'm not looking for a critique

This isn't a salon, if you just wanted to look at yourself in the mirror you could have just posted this on facebook or pinterest.

You want to take this list to a GT but you can't handle constructive criticism, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users