One Item Fix for GKs

L30n1d4s

What if GKs could ignore the limitation on casting each power only once, but each successive casting required +1 to manifest (i.e. like Smite is for everyone besides GKs and 1K Sons)?

This may not make pure GKs a tier I, LVO winning army, but it is a simple fix that could be implemented in the next big FAQ and would make the army tremendously more versatile and capable... imagine being able to GoI multiple units per turn, or use Hammerhand more than once, or bring several TDA units up to a 4++ each turn (Custodes armies know how good this is).

There would still be issues with overcosted units, limited anti-tank, etc., but this small change would really turn GKs up a notch without having to do a whole new Codex or wait for comprehensive changes a cross numerous models at once.

This has been suggested before. It would be a good hold over power increase, but I doubt they would do such a thing. We're talking about an exemption to matched play rule because the army is so weak, can't imagine GW doing anything at this point.

Well, they did do an exemption to matches play rules for GKs for Smite, so there is some precedence for giving certain armies "exceptions to the rulea."

All the exemptions happen after a rule change that would negatively effect said armies. Anyway, it's more about GW lack of caring about GK, that's why it won't occur.

Honestly, it'd be fine, but not exactly what we need now. Gating every unit is way worse than pure deep strike. And the best result will be in casting multiple sanctuary on GMNDKS. Other than that I prefere smite. I once tabled Tau without killing any single model in close combat - just by stormbolters and smites.

Archived