Spagunk's ETL VI paint thread.

Spagunk

Sorry for the lack of ETL updates. I just started a new job this week and my hours are drastically different. As such, my painting time has been reduced.

Consequently this guy I am doing should only have been at least 2 days but it's taken longer than I had plan. As much as I am loathed to do, that may mean that the interior of my storm raven may sit unpainted!!!!

Hoping as soon as I knock this guy out, the chaplain goes much quicker. I'm also running low on my red paints so that also needs to be addressed. Oh, I am also out of white primer.

If I can get that all taken care of, I'll be in a much better position for vow 3 than I am now. A possible vow 4 may not happen unless I go real small.

Just a quick update:

gallery_40907_9492_178573.jpg

I have the base done but off to the side because it's too tall for my photo "rig". So I'll probably have better pictures later.

I didn't edge highlight this guy and I purposely left him only partially glued so I can get to the internals at a later time. Mostly because I am out of time and primer :biggrin.:.

I also need a bunch of cleanup work done on the hull but I got to the point where man-handling the model to fix something did more damage than I was fixing.

I also couldn't find my transfer melting material (microsol type stuff) for the techmarine so I left the canopy unglued.

Oh well, it's "done enough".

• 2 weeks later...

The sword conversion looks good!

I probably need to do a similar job for my sanguinary priest. The current pose looks like it takes place in germany around 1940, so a sword would be a big improvement :)

Archived