Adepta Sororitas new models topic

Aqui

"...Acts of Faith rules fixed, working fluffily and adding flavor to the various Orders."

perhaps each Order is getting at least a few Acts of Faith unique to each Order? With other Acts of Faith common throughout the Sororitas? That would be pretty cool.

Understandably, the reply given to me was vague, as you can imagine Robin didnt want to get anyone's hopes up, nor give out information that would prove to be eventually false. But the <Orders> keyword was definitely put there for a reason. Again, we'll have to wait.

I argue the Order fluff, like every other army, is going to come from warlord traits, stratagems and the individual Order abilities and less so Acts of Faith while also reworking AoF to be more fluffy.

Only time will tell.

I'm noticing the shoulders are shifting from a flat curved surface to a rounded one (first noticed it on Celestine) but other than that things are looking exquisite.

I just wish we'd get a look at non-character sculpts (the last 3 being varidian, celestine, and this one which I doubt is a generic figure)

I have a hunch we may be seeing a tweak to AoFs to remove the alpha-strike potential (at least for all orders), with the recent changes and my hunch being that sisters weren't exactly expected to be so alpha driven they may want to change it. Just my musings

Give it time, we'll get to see some basic sisters. Im curious to see what they do about celestians and whether they'll do something to differentiate them from bss or not.

Im inclined to agree with you on the AoF changes. Whatever it is, it'll probably require a complete relearning on our part. The change from alpha strike affected us zilch in the big faq so thatll probably get addressed. I wouldnt be surprised to see our free phases go bye bye.

But lets save that inf of pessimism for places like dakka :p

Lets be sure to give some good feedback when our experimental rules eventually come out. Help GW with plenty of good feedback so they can try to give us the best codex possible when it drops with our long awaited plastics.

(If gw releases plastic sisters with anything less than a trumpet fanfare and a parade, somethings wrong).

We have no psychic phase, so I reckon our current AoF set up is pretty fair. Our ability to use them multiple times a turn is mitigated by the Imagifier tax and it being a chance roll. I understand some opponents getting flustered by a well set up and luckily rolled AoF phase, but I've sat through too many psychic phases eating wounds and removing models with no real defense to have sympathy for them.

I don't see why they would change the "alpha strike" component of AoF. They didn't nerf any other shooting army's alpha strike capability, just the assault armies. On top of it, we get one AoF 83.3% of the time if you don't use a CP, 97.2% if you do. If you're referring to Celestine or Seraphim charging T1, first turn assaults can still be done through things like Strike from the Shadows.

Either way that's maybe one unit using our special rules each turn. If you want more?

200 points for Celestine and an HQ slot, 250 if you take her fully decked.

40 for each Imagifier, maximum 3, and an Elites slot for each.

That's 320 points (minimum) and four slots to use our special rules at least twice a tun 97.9% of the time that other armies get for potentially every unit in their army every turn. The odds go up to as much as 99.65% if you burn a CP. That's a fairly hefty investment

... Im curious to see what they do about celestians and whether they'll do something to differentiate them from bss or not. ...

I guarantee that they'll do something to differentiate celestians and further more that what ever they do will likely involve an alternate equipment loadout that will at least soft obsolete using the standard old model for them. Sure, the option for plain Jane bolters will remain, but it'll seem pale in comparison to something like ubiquitous combi-weapons. Which is the bare minimum I expect.

As much as people don't want Sister's units to clone marines, at a minimum I expect Celetians to take a cue in their relationship to line squads as Sternguard maintain their relationship to tactical squads. Doubly so now that we don't yet have Sternguard Primaris to compare to Intercessors and legacy astartes are being slowly deprecated and rotated out of the lime light.

---------------

I could see moving Acts of Faith to the Psychic phase, especially if they started treating them like old WHFB tomb kings powers. We wouldn't roll to cast like most factions, but there would be a tacit acknowledgement that miracles are warp derived in nature, like all magic in the setting.

AoF are powerful, but we don't have a psychic phase or any truly out there basic capabilities. 3+, bolters, flamers, melta on top of weak melee, standard toughness, and nothing that is truly outrageous. Sisters aren't bad without AoF, but with them, they are competitive. I can see them changing to be wider ranging but perhaps less drastically and immediately phase-worthy, or staying relatively the same but changing them to work in the psychic phase.

I would really like storm bolters to be available to Doms and battle line squads. I love bolters and storm bolters are the best of them. Though I have to admit that Deathwatch Storm Bolter kill teams are looking delicious as well. So... we'll see.

In regards to the AoF. It is too random imho. Look at competitive lists. They are all about reliable outcomes unless the options that are random are really good. The problem here is that Sisters are not a top tier army right now and most likely will never be. But they can give people something to at least be surprised about with AoF. I think it is fair as it is and would be surprised if they nerfed it. But I honestly think they will buff it. 

GW isn't going to create and entire new line and not give them special rules. I would expect something close to the Death Watch codex. A really fluffy army, not Tier 1 but middling with a lot of fluffy units. 

Lets just make sure that their investment into this endeavor is rewarded! Save money! Buy loads of product on release! Make sure they understand it was a mistake for them, blessing for us, for them to wait so long for them to re-do this line. I say blessing for us because look at that amazing model! :happy.: I'm foaming at the mouth to get that over to Siege Studios to paint for me lol!

Edit: I really hope they keep those proportions. They look really decent. 

Edited by Aothaine

I don't see why they would change the "alpha strike" component of AoF. They didn't nerf any other shooting army's alpha strike capability, just the assault armies. On top of it, we get one AoF 83.3% of the time if you don't use a CP, 97.2% if you do. If you're referring to Celestine or Seraphim charging T1, first turn assaults can still be done through things like Strike from the Shadows.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, but I will say I heartily disagree. I am more than happy to chat about it elsewhere :)

Back to plastics: I really do hope we get like an "Ophelia" pattern or "Leor" pattern Sororitas power armor that is a bit bulkier (2+? +1t?) That we could see go on something like the Celestians. I wouldn't mind something styled similar to the Diablo 3 crusader.

That said, the modern interpretation of the ol Vandire/Thor pattern looks a lot better handled.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, but I will say I heartily disagree. I am more than happy to chat about it elsewhere :smile.:

Back to plastics: I really do hope we get like an "Ophelia" pattern or "Leor" pattern Sororitas power armor that is a bit bulkier (2+? +1t?) That we could see go on something like the Celestians. I wouldn't mind something styled similar to the Diablo 3 crusader.

That said, the modern interpretation of the ol Vandire/Thor pattern looks a lot better handled.

Some stated that Sisters could use the Centurion armour. I honestly think it would be awesome! ^_^

The point of this topic was to collect all the confirmed information surrounding the Sisters range and Codex. For speculation and discussion, please go to this topic. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Like the rounds on the heavy bolter. They look so punchy and mean. And the heavy flamer and flamers having that brass cage look around the flame spitter suits so well. Going to have to green stuff some flames coming out a little like the inquisitors inferno pistol cuz that will look boss.

Overall looking good. Good to see the condemnor getting a feature. Be interesting to see what rules go with the various bolters (hopefully no filthy heretech primaris bolters).

Like the rounds on the heavy bolter. They look so punchy and mean. And the heavy flamer and flamers having that brass cage look around the flame spitter suits so well. Going to have to green stuff some flames coming out a little like the inquisitors inferno pistol cuz that will look boss.

Overall looking good. Good to see the condemnor getting a feature. Be interesting to see what rules go with the various bolters (hopefully no filthy heretech primaris bolters).

A Primaris Bolter rifle was pointed out in the picture, but GW confirmed it was there for scale and shouldn't be taken as being part of the Sisters range. GW also confirmed, no Primaris style Sisters. Just. Sisters ^_^

A Primaris Bolter rifle was pointed out in the picture, but GW confirmed it was there for scale and shouldn't be taken as being part of the Sisters range. GW also confirmed, no Primaris style Sisters. Just. Sisters :happy.:

...you have no idea how much joy that brings to hear that. Primaris marines are everything wrong with GW right now. Which isn't to say they're doing everything wrong -- they aren't, and they're far, far more right than wrong --- but Primaris represent the bland homogenization of all marines distilled down into a flavorless pablum devoid of differentiation between Chapters that's been foisted off on us with all the subtlety of a hurricane. Frankly they bore me in way that borders on ennui. 

I was afraid we might get some Cawl-fied "Primaris Sisters" -- and that was a bridge too far, an abomination that I just couldn't stomach. 

I'm glad that isn't the case. Thank you for sharing that information.

I think they know it's a bridge way too far to do that. A lot of non Sisters players voiced their approval at what was shown too. I definitely like how the aesthetic we know and love is being kept, merely given an update.

While I like the aesthetic of the weapons, especially the eviscerator and chainsword, I can't help but be a little underwhelmed by this reveal. Does anyone have an idea of when they would need to begin production for a December 2019 release?

Well they did say that the bolters they showed were just some of what will be coming. There could be more ornamented bolters like for celestians or senior sororitas. Thats unfounded speculation though.

My guess that production would have to begin...any time now really. What we're being shown is only what theyre choosing to show us after all. My belief is that space wolf stuff is so wolfy and unimaginativly names is because theyre using all their good creative juices on sisters. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

I have to echo Ficinus' sentiments. It's cool we got to see some of the weapons and I think they look great, but I'm disappointed that after three months of waiting there wasn't a little more than that. Such as m a render with one of those weapons in the hands of a Battle Sister