Adepta Sororitas new models topic

Aqui

I dunno, if my limited modelling experience is anything to go by, CAD projects tend to look like nothing to the untrained eye until they suddenly look like something. Then you throw on top of that that there's certainly multiple layers of approval from various departments and I can see the process just grinding.

I mean, they've publicly shown these profiles, so they're relatively committed to them. I don't expect to see anything until it's 95% ready or better. So, with CNC tooling and EDM they can probably cut the tooling in like a week. Not really sure on the production timeline on injecting and boxing all the sprues to produce the expected sales stock-pile, but if we figure that they'll splash it out for their next new financial year that gives us a timing point to extrapolate back from.

With this in mind, I expect to see the significant previews around March or so 2019. That gives them the 2nd quarter of the calendar year to sort out the implementation logistics.

3 months isn't much on the grand production scheme of things so give it time - besides who knows what is or isn't done behind the scenes? GW might have opted to tease weapons now instead of anything else for whatever reason they like.

Now for the obligatory "you've waited this long, what's a little longer?" statement :teehee:

I liked seeing the combi-stake, always thought Greyfax's gun was nice (and there hasn't been a model for the Sisters yet). The aesthetic is maintained so all good to see but I was also hoping for a little more. This does give my confidence the iconic Sister appearance isn't going to change much, if at all :)

I'm glad that they're going with a slightly smaller bolter. One of the flaws of the old models is definitely how the gun seems so huge that the model shouldn't be able to carry it.

The Primaris talk strikes me as... bizarre? Of course they aren't going to be "Primaris Sisters." What would that even mean? Are we going to get excited at the lack of Primaris Necrons too?

Combi-stake was my go-to for Superiors, being able to put the hurt on Psykers unexpectedly (for my opponent) was always amazing... add in the new combi-weapon rules from 8th and I can see them being highly sought after bitz :yes:

In 7th, I would run my Celestian Command Squads with all CombiStakes. When a psyker would show up, he'd either be dragged into hell, or go all kinds of super Sayain.

I'm a little disappointed with their current rules, and am hoping for good rules, but I'll use them anyway since they look so nice now.

Edited by Beams

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/30/breaking-previews-and-reveals-from-novagw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40K&utm_content=40KTrikeAug30

Sisters got a facelift :)

Bit i find interesting is they mention faces of pious initiates to sister superiors...maybe we shall see an initiate unit?

Sabbat pattern helm is still awesome. The opened version is interesting.

Edited by Atrus

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/30/breaking-previews-and-reveals-from-novagw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40K&utm_content=40KTrikeAug30

Sisters got a facelift :)

Bit i find interesting is they mention faces of pious initiates to sister superiors...maybe we shall see an initiate unit?

Sabbat pattern helm is still awesome. The opened version is interesting.

You beat me to it :lol:

I do find what they said about the Beta Codex interesting:

"You’ll have access to a huge pool of units, Stratagems, Relics and Warlord Traits to represent the orders of the Adepta Sororitas in your games"

Emphasis on huge pool. Does it mean that another troop choice is going to be revealed? I can't think what else, short of more HQ's to be honest.

Maybe they just mean we can take ministorum properly now?

That's a possibility, and something I hadn't considered. To be honest, I think Ministorum should either get its own mini Codex, or, more likely, be added to Chapter Approved with Inquisition etc. I think Sisters should be made truly stand alone.

• 4 months later...

Ok, bringing up a point made about bases in the LVO thread

People are thinking that the new Simulcram is on a 32mm bases, which would indicate all the power armoured girls would also be on 32mm..

Now what would this mean for the none power armoured elements of the Sisters 'dex? ie Sister repentia, Priests, Crusaders, Arco-flagents.... would they stay on 25mm bases?

It does look like a 32mm yeah. I'm not rebasing all my other models - perhaps it's just as this particular model won't fit on the old 25mm... :wink:

As for the model itself it does look grand though I have to say the lack of detail on the wing characters of the simulcram is disappointing.

It does look very wide and not able to fit on a 25mm base and would make sense to put on a 32mm for stability. An interesting points about repentia etc. Guess we shall see when they're all eventually released.

As for the wing characters, i think they look good. Theyre probably rather small on the model already and additional detail might be a bit tricky to do or might just look messy.

I actually really like the wings. The central bit is a nice rejuvenation of the current and the wings just add that extra flair. Would like to see what the other side of those doors look like.

I do hope sisters stay on 25mm bases and close to their current size, it looks really good when they stand beside a primaris as the size difference is quite fetching.