Adepta Sororitas new models topic

Aqui

The sister shown last year was also on a 32mm base, although a scenic one, she also has a lot more going on with her armour....

Speculations - the celestians are getting their own models which are a lot busier than the basic sisters.

All power armour girls are going on 32mm bases

Or the model revealed last year will be a Limited edition release with the code

Iirc, the model last year (Mirya) was purported to be a limited release/collectors thing. Makes sense to have a larger scenic base for that model.

This particular model looks like it need a larger base for stability. As Mekhitar said, without the simulcrum, the base looks too big.

This is just me hoping sisters will still be on 25mm. Anyways i dont want to derail the thread with sweeping statements of 'lets just put guardsmen on 32s as well because theyre the same size or bigger than sisters'.

Base size aside. Nice looking model.

workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/NYToyFair-Feb15-CombatArenaMinis5evdfg.jpg

Shared as this is quite probably the new look for crusaders. A nice update if i do say so.

workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/NYToyFair-Feb15-CombatArenaMinis5evdfg.jpg

Shared as this is quite probably the new look for crusaders. A nice update if i do say so.

The shield is leaving me underwhelmed. even though its pretty similar to the current ones, current ones look better IMO. everything else is good though.

• 4 months later...

Well, after seeing the sculpts they teased today, even if most of them were just CAD images, I think they look good.

Their updated without looking like a different army from the metals, and I figure they will look fine next to each other more or less.

BUT, I don't regret buying some Daughters of the Burning Rose from anvil either, especially for the price I'm sure the new plastics will run, and I don't mind working with resin.

Pretty much used to the idea as most new releases are, plus I have 39 bolter girls over the current 7 poses.

I'm guessing that there'll be about 10 poses to the box of basic sisters - we've seen 6 different poses already.  Then you have the changeable arms and heads... (helmets, hoods, hair). That'll give you a couple of squads different enough for game play

I’m guessing they are going off existing releases such as the primaris marines....and thinking how a sprue would made

Edit - what I mean is, is that the arms from the elbow down are separate on the sprue to the weapons and rest of the body.

Edited by Slasher956

• 4 weeks later...

I'm anxious for the sisters to drop however I don't like the Repentia so will be looking for the metal ones instead when they go cheap.

Monopose has become the way for the last several releases, but myself, I don't mind, usually pretty dynamic. The chaos marines started that for me and they look great so fingers crossed for the sisters.

• 2 months later...

definitely...no idea

Now there was talk that it would be around the WH store day which is end of Nov (around the 22nd IIRC)... there was also a date of 27th October for pre-order on the chinese site a couple of weeks ago.. that would give us a release date of either 2nd/3rd or the 9th/10th Nov depending if they do 1 or 2 weeks pre-order.  

However I could see them doing a 4 week pre-order

I don't know there are several versions from several people that say the same thing

The original source for all of them is the same, different people are reporting with different bits and pieces of that original information..

Whenever we get leaks like thisI always remind myself that info I got from a random post on dakka and shared to our local facebook group as a discussion piece got screenshotted and shared around like it was super secret insider knowledge just like this.

• 3 weeks later...

So what are we thinking about the new models.  I for one and amazed at how well GW have his the nail on the head with these models, they look incredible and there isn't a model I dislike, although the penetant engine looks a bit small, though I haven't seen enough pics yet so.  The only gripe I have is the cannoness, I'd rather something like the old one rather than the new robes galore.  I also love that they have taken so much influence from the sisters artwork, like the short-hair sisters etc.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

Overdesigned to the gils, and I don't mean in the 'religious ornation' way, everything save the stock Battle Sisters just feels so... crammed in, like detail for the sake of detail. I think the Hospitaller is a prime example, being stuck on a larger base, for no other reason than the dying Sister there and everything else besides. Good for a sceneic limited edition, not so much for something you presumably want multiple of.

You can just put her on a smaller base without the dying sister.  It's still legal and people will completely understand as putting her on a smaller base is perfectly reasonable.  You can easily convert it to get rid of the book/icon.  Also there is an alternate one with or without the mask so it might have other modelling options.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

The infantry releases have been a bit underwhelming for me. Largely it's just looked like what we already have- but plastic. Exception being the horrible repentia.

The vehicles are where my excitement has been at. The penitent engines look less imposing due to their smaller size- but they're plastic and not nightmare metal, so a fair trade.

The exorcist and Immolator....Oh gosh I love these so hard. I adore the detail on these. People say they're over the top or too much or crowded; but to me they're look great. No clutter or mess to my eye at all.

I'm so glad the models are exactly what we already have.  I just wanted plastic sisters with dynamic poses, I still want the army I know and love.  I don't want Primaris sisters.  I absolutely love the exorcist and Immolators, they look amazing.  People that don't like them need to ask themselves why they collect sisters, I mean that is their style, big gaudy church themed badass chicks.  I couldn't be happier.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild