Adepta Sororitas new models topic

Aqui

I'm so glad the models are exactly what we already have.  I just wanted plastic sisters with dynamic poses, I still want the army I know and love.  I don't want Primaris sisters.  I absolutely love the exorcist and Immolators, they look amazing.  People that don't like them need to ask themselves why they collect sisters, I mean that is their style, big gaudy church themed badass chicks.  I couldn't be happier.

Exactly! Of course the infantry is gonna look like what came before - thank goodness - except that now there are far more poses. The poses are more dynamic than the likes of Primaris, which is surprising, but by no means unwelcome. I already liked the Sisters aesthetic a LOT, but as I've said elsewhere this new release hits the ball way out of the ballpark and makes it the best-looking 40k army, bar none.

Just saw a pic on a sisters Facebook group someone took of the new Cannoness next to basic metal sister. She towers head and shoulders and breast above the metal sister- both on normal round base.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110176465682334/permalink/2985422624824356/

Edited by Atrus

Hmm... the Canoness does seem perhaps even taller than Amalia (considering C's leg position vs Amalia). Strange, as it makes them almost as tall as Primaris, which rather contradicts the fluff side of things.

Still, my current plan seems to be one detachment of metal sisters and one detachment of plastic sisters. Therefore there shouldn't be much mixed units, so the difference won't be as obvious.

However looking at the pic again, that's a bad picture anyway. The way it is taken in regards to angle and miniature placement within the rame just exaggerates the difference. Practically it is in line with Amalia, which naturally makes sense.

32mm bases do look better, I just need to buy slotted ones for the metal figs to not make it a complete headache.

I'm just hoping the new models don't look out of scale with anvils daughters line.

Cause I backed that kickstarter, and as soon as the codex drops I'll be working on them.

If the new gw models match, I'll buy both.

If they, it'll be anvil only, and just grab the vehicles from GW.

It's probably been posted somewhere, but has it been said anywhere when the sisters dex is actually going to be released?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1&2 I think so. You'd have to magnitise where the arms meet the body, but they've said that some bodies from the sisters kit are compatible with the retributor arms.

3, the pre-order for them are this weekend, so I don't think anyone has had a chance to check.

The only model giving me issues thus far is the Heavy Bolter Retributor. Lining up the power cables and ammo belt perfectly takes a bit of patience. :)

I'm also using the basic Sisters box, along with some of the melee weapons from the Retributor box, to make several Sister Superiors and at least one Canoness. The project is working out well.

• 2 weeks later...

They are both the same kit. I was more thinking can you switch between the new builds - having assembled them now the answer is:

Can easily plug in between a penitent pilot or a mortifier/ Anchorite without the need for magnets (but difficult to build both an Anchorite / mortifier from a single kit)

The ranged weapons plug and play beautifully without the need for magnets even.

The melee arms are separate but the shoulder pieces are the limiting factor. These plug into the body easily enough but magnetising the arms to the shoulder pieces would be tricky, while not impossible.

Therefore, from 2 sets I have built:

4 bodies.

4 penitent pilots

3 mortifier pilots

1 Anchorite pilot

8 heavy bolter parts

8 heavy flamer parts

2 pairs of buzz blades attached to shoulders

2 pairs of flails attached to shoulders

Only limitation of this is I can’t field fully flails or buzz blades, always 2 pairs of each, but much easier than trying to magnetise.