Adepta Sororitas new models topic

Aqui

Those who bought the Army box, are the troop models much different than what you can make with the standard Squad kit? Are they worth getting for unique bits/different poses? 

If you haven't got any models from the box, I'd recommend getting hold of some if you can find them at the right price. The sister superior, flamer and a few other models are good models and very unique/striking. The flipside of this is that you wouldn't want more than a couple of each as it would look too similar on the board (imo). 

Was there some kind of restock on the army box? My local GW has two and when I was in WHW they had quite a lot.

Was wondering the same. I got mine a couple weeks back from zatu games in the UK for £89 which is quite the bargain, I was surprised they still had stock - and the local warhammer store still has a box or two as well.

Edited by Isolia

Those who bought the Army box, are the troop models much different than what you can make with the standard Squad kit? Are they worth getting for unique bits/different poses?

Funny enough, if you get the army box and plan to run mortifiers, the penitent engine of the box can easily be converted into an anchorite and as a bonus, the top filigree and markings are unique in the box model. Thus making a more stand out mini for a squad leader

Honestly I don't really care if they are or not, though it would be nice. At this point I just want to know what the new blessed blade looks like now so I can use one, is it just gonna be a shiny power sword or a bit that is it's own unique weapon. I'm stuck using power swords right now on all my Canonesses lol

Honestly I don't really care if they are or not, though it would be nice. At this point I just want to know what the new blessed blade looks like now so I can use one, is it just gonna be a shiny power sword or a bit that is it's own unique weapon. I'm stuck using power swords right now on all my Canonesses lol

My guess is it won't look any different. So far the models that have one (or similar) being St. Celestine and St. Katherine's Martyr's Sword, look fairly similar to most Sororitas power swords. Silver longsword with winged skull crossguard.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/

Towards the end of the article but it was easy to miss on account of everything else. 

Edit: My apologies, I knew swearing was not allowed so asterisksed it instead, I guess it has been too long since I read the rules, will do a refresher now. Have now removed the entire bit as it was not all that relevant to begin with, hope this is ok.

Edited by Trokair
use the filter :cuss rather than ****. it is in the rules...

Just so everyone is aware, in the new sisters thematic army article on warhammer community one of the lists has a Canoness that is listed as only having a Rod of Office. They are using power instead of points and of course for narrative play probably, as well as all the other exceptions GW would point to I'm sure, but still, one has to assume that she has chainsword and bolt pistol in addition to it. All I'm saying is RAW for her options may not be RAI.

Pre-orders are up in NZ so I have had a look at the new stuff, some nice conversion potential in there as well as the last lot of units.

A few oddities I noticed. The repentia box appears to have way way to many eviscerators, I think I count 18.

The Dialogus, and the earlier Hospital, are the only foot characters on 40mm, the Canoness and Imagifier are on 32mm?

The Seraphim/ Zephyrim have separate back packs, so potently can built some running on the ground squad members to bulk out squads.

Just so everyone is aware, in the new sisters thematic army article on warhammer community one of the lists has a Canoness that is listed as only having a Rod of Office. They are using power instead of points and of course for narrative play probably, as well as all the other exceptions GW would point to I'm sure, but still, one has to assume that she has chainsword and bolt pistol in addition to it. All I'm saying is RAW for her options may not be RAI.

I commend you for your wishful thinking.  However they also have on a different list the cannoness with the brazier of holy fire.  I think it is safe to assume they were just listing out the theme items for the list.  And didn't include full detailed list with all options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It depends on what you glued it to the base with. If you used like Elmer's glue, then you'd want to seal it first then it would be ok but you still would want to dab not brush it. If you used super glue then you shouldn't have any problem.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Also another thing,

I have on SoB army. And then I have one older Space Marines army.

Can I use the SM models when I play with the SoB army?

I just love the Chaplain model, would be great if I could use it with SoB :)

Don't hold me to this, the rules statement says you lose their rites unless it's a forged army. I'm not really sure from their statement but you can take multiple detachments in your army. They're both imperium so you can, just not sure if you'll lose their sacred rites if you do.

I have some friends that say detachments are different and since if each one is battleforged, that doesn't count and others who say a *points army no matter how many detachments have to follow the rules for that. So big grey area.

Edited by Dread

• 3 weeks later...

The rank of Palatine has been around since the Sisters' beginning, but this is the first time we've seen an actual model for one.

She looks glorious!

Amazing model, and I am thankful that we get some new stuff. Maybe there is going to be a second wave for sob?

But I assume this will be another 30 Euro one model character. In that case I would rather just kitbash one from the sob kit, assuming that there is no new weapons option. An option for a jump pack would be amazing too though.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

A bit of a concern. SM are getting limited to 1 captain/2 lieutenants per detachment. SoB might suffer the same fate.

Given our more limited selection, I don't think that's gonna happen, at least yet. Though once we do have a lieutenant, it wouldn't hurt that badly. And if you run VH+BR like many do, you'd still be able to have that smash canoness for BR and a backline booster canoness for VH anyway.