New Necron Superheavy

NTaW

Looks like there's something big coming from FW for Necrons. I'm sure we'll have better pics soon, there's another one that shows an infantry model for scale (will keep an eye out for it); this thing is big.

Dc_iLzNW4AEN4q6.jpg

I’m on the fence. I’ll need more pictures to see if I like the look or not. My other concern is the points cost. FW super heavies have become pretty points heavy as of late , so it probably won’t get much table time.

That being said, if it gets some good rules it could be nice to have an actual super heavy model in the army.(I don’t count the tesseract or obelisk)

From the WC site (pictures in the initial post came from Lord Valrak). Interesting to see that this is being given the Canoptek title, though the head is reminiscent of Wraiths/Spiders. Very interested in seeing some rules for this monstrosity! 

"Forge World’s range of sinister Necron Canoptek constructs is being joined by this monster – an Imperial Knight-sized crawler that looks like an ambitious Cryptek decided to build a Tomb Spyder as large as a Tesseract Vault. And it’s armed to the mandibles with esoteric weaponry."

WHfestLiveBlog-FW-Necron1et.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-FW-Necron3ht.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-FW-Necron2ny.jpg

I just hope it isn't tesla or that if it is the weapon does serious damage instead of being relegated to chaff duty.

Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s,....

I just hope it isn't tesla or that if it is the weapon does serious damage instead of being relegated to chaff duty.

Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s, Please be more then 24”s,....

HONESTLY. :lol:

Those almost look like synaptic disintegrators, also I think they have underslung/coaxial transdimensional beamers as well.

WANT! Know what I’ll be using for my Cryptek’s pet monster (assuming it doesn’t cost too much money wise).

If it was plastic I'd throw my money at it, but my wallet hates resin cause it's soo not worth the drama of warpage and average molding... Meh, I'll just make a copy of it if i can!, it is such an awesome looking model though...damn you resin!! :laugh.: 

Mithril

I think you're on to something with the weapons there Daimyo, there are elements of those in the design.

It would be pretty cool to see it standing upright on it's four legs attacking with its (titanic?) forelimbs. Sure looks like it could straighten up a bit more than in the pictures.

I had a look at this at the recent warhammer Fest and it looks incredible up close, its around the size of a nid Heirophant but without the legs jutting out so much from the body. Really excited to see what the guns are and the rules for this thing are like on the table top.

Looks like a synaptic disintegrator and a particle weapon had a baby. I'd guess it's gonna end up in the particle caster family since those weapons are kind of the redheaded step children of the Crons. It doesn't have the right styling to be Gauss or Tessla.

I'm wondering if you can fit an infantry character under there and subsequently have it never be targeted. It certainly seems large enough, but I'm wondering if it's rules legal. If nothing else it'll be a cool thing for an armies on parade where there's a cryptek underneath and he's directing a swarm of Canoptek stuff.

I wonder what the rules will be?

two 36" synaptic disintegrators, heavy 2 Str7 AP -2/-3 or something? D3 damage with the mortal wounds rule the deathmarks have. 

A pair of heavy transdimensional beamers, probably, and maybe some underslung weapon under the chassis itself?

Massive forelimbs for sure, perhaps a nanoscarab swarm hive that does 2d6 hits or something like that. Something awesome and flavorful.

Keep in mind I'm talking purely out of speculation. I have absolutely no idea what they could be, or what it could have, other than some buffed up massive forelimbs to put it on the level of an imperial knight.

EDIT: WAIT THERE'S GONNA BE A SECOND WEAPON OPTION. Look in the slide with the photo insert. Looks like a titan-grade transdimensional beamer, even larger than the underslung ones on the disintegrators. And that looks to have coaxial heatrays or somesuch., it looks like. SO MUCH HYPE.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, maybe it can't end its move over a character, but who said anything about moving a character under it after it already moved? Probably lots of people, tbf, but we'll have to see. It doesn't have a base, so it's up for debate.

Unfortunately, we don't have a release date, so we can't add it to our armies for a while. I'm looking forward to when we get it.

• 3 months later...

So, fellow lords, ladies, and assorted crypteks, we now have a name, a paint job, and a weapon profile—feast yer eyes!

Seraptek Heavy Construct

We have a bit of a treat for you as well – not just the title of the hitherto unnamed Necron heavy construct, but also a sneak preview of one of the formidable weapons at its disposal:

That’s pretty nasty, we’re sure you’ll agree – and it’s equipped with two of these brutal guns as standard! The Seraptek Heavy Construct has also just had the last few licks of paint applied, so we can now reveal it in all its complete, fully painted glory!

The mighty Seraptek Heavy Construct will be available to pre-order soon.

Mobile posting do not sure how the images will work out, so here’s the link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/24/24th-sept-this-week-kria-the-huntressfw-homepage-post-1/

Still no word on a release date but I seriously can’t wait. Two times 3D3 heavy shots at 36” range, S8 AP-3, plus a mortal wound mechanic, plus whatever else it has? I want one. Now. GW had better hurry up and put it on preorder....I don’t wanna wait. I needs this thing.

(I know this is threadcromancy, mods, but the additional news came out after the 3 month limit, and I’m hoping we get some leniency from the site shutdown, plz?)

My initial thoughts after reading the article are on the unimpressed side. Jumping on the bandwagon, I don’t like the T’au paint scheme.

If that profile is the main guns, which I’m assuming but hoping I’m wrong, it’s very unimpressive. I’m terrible at mathhammer, but it looks like 9 wounds on a knight, assuming 4++. (I’m also guessing BS3+ with no rerolls)

Top that off with FW overpricing super heavies, I’m thinking 600$usd for a 600-700 point model that’ll be t7 with a 4+ cause it’s Necrons...

Not trying to be too negative, and I know it’s a small preview, so here’s hoping I’m way off. (Except that paint scheme. It’s terrible. They need to do the next one in a proper dynasty scheme.)

Archived