Need tournament list help Word Bearers 2500 points

Aurellius

I’m entering a local tournament but struggle writing lists.

I’m after comments and critique of the following army list I have made as well as suggestions of your lists.

My list.

Tournament

Legiones Astartes

Praetor: plasma pistol; Paragon blade; iron halo 165

Centurion 50

5 Tactical Support Marines: Tactical Support Sergeant (artificer armour); 4 Tactical Support Marines; plasma guns 185

15 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs); 14 Tactical Space Marines; nuncio-vox; legion vexilla 210

5 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (power fist); 4 Veteran Space Marines; 4 × power weapon; melta bombs 180

• Rhino: pintle-mounted multi-melta 50

5 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (power fist); 4 Veteran Space Marines; 4 × power weapon; melta bombs 180

• Rhino: pintle-mounted multi-melta 50

5 Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren: Dark Martyr (artificer armour; power fist); 4 Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren 225

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought: 2 twin-linked lascannons 185

2 Quad Launcher Rapier Carriers: quad launcher (shatter shells) 140

5 Terminators: Terminator Sergeant (combi-bolter; power weapon); 4 Terminators; 4 × combi-bolter; 4 × power weapon 175

Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite 325

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank: armoured ceramite; 2 sponson-mounted lascannon 265

Whirlwind Scorpius 115

2,500 points

Idea being arcus, scorpius and quad mortars take on armour and troops

Gal vorbak in spartan to get up in your face along with the outflanking vets

Plasma gun squad might take one of the rhinos from the vets to get forward and kill key units

The troop squad acts as bodyguards for praetor and centurion

Termies can walk forward as bullet magnets

And contemptor mortis can deal with flyers

A lot of unnecessary stuff. I honestly don't see any point in taking the Centurion or those min sized Veterans with power weapons in Rhinos. Ditch Pride of the Legion and just get Tacticals instead or drop the Tacs and get 10 man sized shooty Veterans.

Also why would you ever put a Praetor with Tacticals when you have Gal Vorbak in a Spartan?

Tactical support squad needs a Rhino. And why take those footslogging Terminators? Just a point sink with no real value.

You have to take a second hq centurion or chap as WB requirement but yes all the rest I agree with spiritual liege play as pride for all your troops. Vets are very powerful these days (maybe too much) and maybe a bit more gal vorbak to fully use the big capacity of the spartan

Archived