Tips from Maxime Corbeil's (Tale of 4 Gamers BT) talk at WHF

I was lucky enough to attend Warhammer Fest this year and sit in on Maxime Corbeil's (Of 3rd edition style Black Templar fame) demo pod about creating a themed army.

He gave out some handouts at the end that also contain his 'recipe' for his Templars which I thought some might appreciate. Just for clarities sake, this was the Army seen in the 2016-2017 Tale of 4 Warlords in White Dwarf. Not so great photos can be found here.

Here you go:

gallery_92870_12778_1166101.jpg

gallery_92870_12778_5117.jpg

Edited by Beaky Brigade

Thank you for posting this, I was very curious on what exactly this seminar was and how the conversiions (if any were shown) looked.

I'll be honest. While I liked the style of Maxine's army and appreciate it was all insanely well painted. I just didn't find his model choices just weren't very Templary. I just didn't like the feel of the crusade once it was done.

If it was the same as the tale of 4 warlords then I can see why but to me they felt very much like a Templar army, he may have used models that were perhaps too new but I think its understandable when the upgrade kit is almost incompatible with everything but despite that the models looked amazing and certainly looked like part of a crusade, complete with heraldry and personal colors plus the fact that it does look straight out of the 3rd edition cover.

• 1 year later...