Watch Captain Loadouts

ashc

Yeah, I meant grab and crush „inside“ your closing fist. Though I also agree that we probably shouldn’t derail the loadout discussion with this, just wanted to give people an alternative reason for why the Melta fist makes sense. I also can’t really contribute much more to such a discussion, as i don’t remember the sources given. I just vaguely remember such a thread existed and that, while contradictory sources exist (so everyone can pretty much decide what he prefers), the general conclusion was „grab it, don’t punch it“.

Yes you’re right but it was a fun discussion......to get back on the loadout I was comparing the 126pts JP captain (combimelta+powerfist) with the 155pts termie captain (combimelta+meltafist)

29pts is not a big difference so I could think to have 2 termie captains in my army....or having one and one, with the JP giving some mobility after the deepstrike....you never know where dou you may need him, the termie captain moves just 5”

What do you think guys? Btw I have also a watchmaster on the field

I honestly haven't yet had an opportunity to run the Terminator captain myself, so I'm uncertain how he'll fare given the lack of mobility. He's certainly a beast, that's for sure, but I'm wondering how often I'm going to have him just chasing things too slowly. Are you running any transports he can hitch a ride in?

Yeah, I meant grab and crush „inside“ your closing fist. Though I also agree that we probably shouldn’t derail the loadout discussion with this, just wanted to give people an alternative reason for why the Melta fist makes sense. I also can’t really contribute much more to such a discussion, as i don’t remember the sources given. I just vaguely remember such a thread existed and that, while contradictory sources exist (so everyone can pretty much decide what he prefers), the general conclusion was „grab it, don’t punch it“.

Yes you’re right but it was a fun discussion......to get back on the loadout I was comparing the 126pts JP captain (combimelta+powerfist) with the 155pts termie captain (combimelta+meltafist)

29pts is not a big difference so I could think to have 2 termie captains in my army....or having one and one, with the JP giving some mobility after the deepstrike....you never know where dou you may need him, the termie captain moves just 5”

I honestly haven't yet had an opportunity to run the Terminator captain myself, so I'm uncertain how he'll fare given the lack of mobility. He's certainly a beast, that's for sure, but I'm wondering how often I'm going to have him just chasing things too slowly. Are you running any transports he can hitch a ride in?

Nope, my plan is to deepstrike close to enemy tanks/monsters together with a plasma fortis Kt (after clearing some bubble). But then he’s stuck. Better a JP captain as a second HQ perhaps

Nope, my plan is to deepstrike close to enemy tanks/monsters together with a plasma fortis Kt (after clearing some bubble). But then he’s stuck. Better a JP captain as a second HQ perhaps

Can he not use a teleport homer like other termies can. Beacon on your watchmaster to bring the wrecking ball close to him. He can still get shots off. But if that was the case same would go for your kill team with termies in them after that turn. You can advance him and still shoot. Keep him close to your killteam and maybe get an heroic intervention in the mix. Just he isnt going cross country after that T2 deployment

Can he not use a teleport homer like other termies can. Beacon on your watchmaster to bring the wrecking ball close to him. He can still get shots off. But if that was the case same would go for your kill team with termies in them after that turn. You can advance him and still shoot. Keep him close to your killteam and maybe get an heroic intervention in the mix. Just he isnt going cross country after that T2 deployment

Don’t think he can use the homer, the „terminator“ in the homers text is not bolded. Meaning it only refers to the model called „terminator“ (with DW keyword), not anything with the terminator keyword.

Don’t think he can use the homer, the „terminator“ in the homers text is not bolded. Meaning it only refers to the model called „terminator“ (with DW keyword), not anything with the terminator keyword.

This seems to be the case, though of course it appears to be yet another casualty of the keyword system not working very well for Deathwatch. Though I imagine this guy's purpose will always be to drop alongside other, more immediate threats, pump out a couple melta and some sia shots, then advance into a better position to melt another target while being a capable counter charge threat at the same time. 

I'm eager to give him a try and feel like his limitations don't detract too much from his potential. 

Granted, I'm also just eager to make lots of melta a thing no matter how inefficient it seems, so what do I know lol 

Archived