XV Legion True Scale Project

Mekol

Betrayer - technically not me. All glory and honor goes to my Markus who made the actual sculpt.Follow this blog.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331356-heresy-era-legio-xiv-in-sterquiliniis-invenitur/page-6?do=findComment&comment=5019275

Noigrim - noted before. I have redone the whole lower part of the hull. I general i just feel 1k sons look better without any dirt. Should have not even start doing pigments. 

• 1 month later...

I dunno which one of my should i link these - so il do it both. Have not forget Thousand sons and gonna play them next.
Just have not decided what to do for them next. 

Basically fellow gamer and Nerd In Arm Markus_ gave rather good, easy and simple way to make True Scale mk6 armor. Check out his post a well.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331356-heresy-era-legio-xiv-in-sterquiliniis-invenitur/page-6?do=findComment&comment=5019275

Boring guy that I am gonna start new (and last again) 30k project for Raven Guard. Was first thinking about Ultramarines, but then new gamer in our area started those so it solved the problem.

Just smooth out all the panels, Remove that akwaaaard thing on top of kneepad and some magic with gs and its done.
diZd7yZ.jpg

Came to conclusion that model looks better with Phobos bolter. 

rko2ta9.jpg

Sergeant

8JsXuFV.jpg

LCR2ZXZ.png

Edited by Mekol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been while since i painted anything to Thousand Sons. Squad of Khenatais is slowly coming up. 

This particular model did not succeed that well but i think you get the idea. Transfers and some Sexy Prospero on Dust action balances it out. Now its a bit to shiny and grainy ?
Should i paint the shouders white or leave them red ? problem is that FW sheet is utter trash and mostly has  white transfers.

RPOrEJ3.jpg

6iJoBCC.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Its been more than an year since I last painted Thousand sons. That one mk6 conversio made me start Raven Guard and that has taken my heart and time.
I do plan to continue XV legion in the future, but truth is that i would want to do several units again. With Contrast paints everything would be better and faster for now.
But well see.

I took a liberty take few photos while doing the spring cleaning.

WWlv9R8.jpg

QavLVPq.jpg

QM4SxbC.jpg

cMoNiOO.jpg

New9IAe.jpg

2uqcpya.jpg

7ABNNLY.jpg

Epzoujq.jpg

bIqnuAB.jpg