Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Project Log - The Belligeri, Sons of Jaynis

Imperial Fists Project Log Painting Log WIP Loyalists ETL

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Viridia

Viridia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 602 posts
  • Faction: See sig.

Now that ETL's finally got me to bite the bullet when it comes to painting, I thought I'd keep a log of the Imperial Fists company I've been planning out for a couple of years now. The Imperial Fists were my first entry into the HH, following my first read-through of Mechanicum, where I loved the absolute pragmatism of Sigismund and Camba-Diaz as they bravely flew into the embrace of Mars just long enough to do an Italian Job on the Mk IV armours they'd been sent for.

Everything kind of died down for me hobbywise for a few years, until I decided to look at the Fists again, which combined with reading through the section on them in Extermination, made me decide to look at a group which had been one of the detachments most prominent in the battle of Roma, and had kept up many of the old traditions. That waned a little bit, and I had to shelve the original idea for a grey colour scheme with yellow sections in favour of the more traditional scheme.

First up is the Deredeo I'm painting for ETL. From the original undercoat of Corax White it's had a basecoat of Averland Sunset and then been airbrushed with Flash Gitz yellow. This was my first attempt ever at airbrushing, so no doubt it shows. ermm.gif I will admit to being a little stumped as to how to break up the yellow in sections, I've tried Abbadon Black on a terminator but it doesn't seem to fit to me. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

imperial_fists_deredeo_dreadnought__airb

• Trokair likes this

Defenders of the Emperor - Imperial Fists XXVII Cohors 'Belligeri'
The Usurper's Horde - Night Lords 183rd Wing, 'The Corpseclaimers'
Armies of the Astartes - The Crimson Watchers
Followers of the True Gods - The Infernal Carnival

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_AOD.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Viridia

Viridia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 602 posts

Started to paint it now, with Blackened Barrel on the gears, autocannon barrels, and the ammo feeds, with Bronze Barrel on the rings behind the muzzle and also on the buffers to the rear of the autocannons. What you can't see is the plate cover on each autocannon which has been painted with Abbadon Black as a way to break up the yellow. Obligatory Agrax Earthshade on the pallet/footstool as well, which has helped it look a little more worn.

imperial_fists_deredeo_dreadnought_by_lp

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch & GSC
That yellow is sublime mate! Is that airbrushed on??

Viridia

Viridia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 602 posts

Yep, just an application of corax white and averland sunset via spraycan, then two coats of flash gitz yellow over that. I originally tried painting yriel yellow over averland sunset and then applying flash gitz yellow as a highlight via brush, which was a method I saw in a video a few months ago, but it didn't look right, and when it comes to painting, I've a habit of "Wing it! And if that doesn't work, double wing it!"

This was actually taken last week.

And this is how it looks today!

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch & GSC
Looks fantastic man! I so need an airbrush asap!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists, Project Log, Painting Log, WIP, Loyalists, ETL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users