Adeptus Titanicus - what we'd like to see (one day?)

There's plenty of 3rd party terrain manufactures out there if you don't want to shell out for the super expensive FW tiles

My own 2 Epic tables will be good to go for release day
BmMbOVT.jpg

5sWLojp.jpg

IMG_3452.JPG

Thank you for sharing this idea, Brother Apollo.  That is so good.  It's such a light-touch thing to do.

I'm going to buy some of that Graveyard Terrain from my shop and paint them up as cathedrals to adorn battlefields.  Totally classes up the joint.

That's really good because you reminded me of the Word Bearers spending all their time building monuments during the Horus Heresy.

+++++

As to wish-listing, I want Tyranid Kaiju.  I want real Nidzilla.  Like after this Horus-Heresy-focused launch, we go to Hive Fleet Leviathan's invasion.

I really want to see if GW or FW touches on Forge Worlds that are either long destroyed or in the Warp like Xana, Bodt, and others. There were a ton of worlds that no longer exist that were either Forges or Legio home worlds. It really gives them more to play with both rules, model and fluff wise.

This might be the wrong thread, but I wonder if mass knight would be feasible, or even legal?

Yea, you can kill a model or two every turn. That’s why i brought 15 of them.

Predator saturation for the win, death by a thousand cuts.

They’re tiny, so minimum ranges are easy to fit into, they’re maneuverable, so they can fit in gaps in the table, and hopefully their guns aren’t too horrible.

Rules for mass knight vs knight combat might be fun, actually. An entire household marching to war against another. Maybe they’ll add that.

I hope the game is dynamic enough for that. I like the idea of turning up to face an all Warhound army with my more balanced list and taking on a heavy metal themed list with only Warlords.

This game has got me hyped.

On a side note I discussed this game with friends and the most of them are likely only to get involved if their faction gets titans, such as Tau and Eldar.

Understandable but the potential is there.

That may be an interesting idea. Alternatively, just paying for the macroemplacements would be good. You lose out on maneuverability but get some serious firepower. Would be fun, I think. Depends on how rules will end up. Hopefully they'll be worth taking, and not too overpowered.

Hopefully this game isn't too expensive, too. I mean, how expensive can they make the knights? With ETL over the summer who knows what funds will look like in the fall?

It's gonna be a long wait; I'm going to have to fill time with writing lore for my knight house.

So there was previously talk of making the books for this like the FW heresy black books in design. Some of that seems to have carried over from the rulebook previews we've seen but it doesn't seem to be the same kind of massive hardback. Any one get any word on that, possibly for the mooted campaign books?

Any Blue and Silver Titan Legions? I want them to match my Knights who have no lore yet.

Legio Tempestor, perhaps? Blue, silver and white. Legio Praesagius are blue, white and gold but you could probably slip some silver in there

It would be amazing if they produced campaign books with the depth of the Heresy black books. I would rather have my collection of heresy ones finished first though!

The books add a depth to the game that is mind blowing. The plates we have seen certainly look like they would fit.

I had hoped we would see leather style books for necromunda with city cultures, history, demographics etc etc

Give it time, from what I recall FW said they'll be doing their own Necromunda campaigns eventually. One mentioned was a Chaos Uprising.

Maybe an experience system would be nice where crews can gain skills.

The key to success for me is that focus on the Titans above all else and that they don't dumb down the rules. I miss my damage charts... :sad.:

If I am remembering correctly, I believe it was mentioned that the titan machine spirits had their own personalities that could be affected by your decisions during a battle. With their personality changes affecting future battles in a campaign.

But the real question is; if full epic was released, when should it be set?

Absolutely the Dark Imperium. It's a chance to bring in factions that missed the Epic boat, or could really use a facelift from what they did have in Epic. Giant Tau battlesuits just trying to keep up, humongous Necron constructs as they continue to awaken, more and more gigantic and terrifying Tyranid bioforms, Ork Gargants that keep getting more outlandish, etc.

It's also a chance to do crazy/big things with Primaris. I'm not a huge fan of them, but if we're going to see new stuff, why not new BIG stuff? Let's see what they've really got to tackle the whole universe breaking apart.

Also the Chaos stuff you wishlisted would be a sensible next step, as the Black and Gold Team could do with some more gubbins in the face of Cawl's bottomless toy box.

I’m hoping for early release of carapace and arm plasma weapons. I want my Legio crucius to be true sons of Ryan and be fully plasmaed. Sure there is a risk of bleeding the reactor dry, but think of all that plasma goodness.

I agree about good terrain. Looks like FW will release some, but there are also some other great retailers out there. 4Ground are pricey but have 10mm range that would probably work pretty well for AT and there are others that do unpainted kits that would work equally well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived