Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathwatch Bike List (2000pts)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bloodraven01

bloodraven01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
Battalion (5CP)

Watch Captain (Xenophase Blade, Master Crafted Bolter, Jump Pack, Tome of Ectoclades, Warlord - CP Warlord Trait) - 104

Librarian w/ Jump Pack (Force Stave, Bolter, Null Zone, Psychic Fortress) - 124

Librarian w/ Jump Pack (Force Stave, Bolter, Null Zone, Psychic Fortress) - 124

3X Veterans (Sergeant w/ Storm Bolter + Xenophase Blade, 2X Frag Cannon, 2X Storm Bolter and Chainsword, Terminator w/ Cyclone Launcher/Storm Bolter + Power Maul, Vanguard w/ Lightning Claws) - 268

2X Outrider (1CP per detachment)

Watch Captain (Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Jump Pack) - 98

3X Bike Squad (Sergeant w/ Meltagun + Power Maul, Chainsword X2) - 108

Total = 2000 points and 10CP

The three veteran squads would deep strike using the teleportarium stratagem, the 9 bike squads start on the board so the kill teams and all characters can deep strike (captains may move up the board depending on beta rules).

Please share any thoughts you might have on this list :)

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

Rule of 3 prevents the biker spam.

Mobius0288

Mobius0288

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts

Rule of 3 prevents the biker spam.

That is a recommendation for organized events, not normal (matched or open) play. And the tournament organizers would still decide whether they want to use that rule or not.

The only issue I see is you have more units in deep strike then you have on the board. You need at least half your army on the board. Interested to see if the list would work out since our bikers are generally better having SIA.

Edited by Mobius0288, 17 May 2018 - 04:13 PM.

• 6262 likes this

Deathwatch | Imperial Fist | Imperial Knights | Skitarii | Inquisition

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

Sorry, my brain is always in tournament mode :P

Have you considered making one of those outriders either Ravenwing/White Scar for the move/ advance/ shoot/ charge stratagems?

or do you want to play pure DW?

vigitant

vigitant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Run 3 biker units, and run 1-2 Vangaurd Vets, 3-4 Bikers in Combat Squads with 5 man SB/CS Vets.  Gets around rule of 3.  And gives you fast, hard hitting T5 obsec units that dont get tied up in melee.
Helblaster KT's on the drop are super solid AT, or if you dont have em, run 1-2missile launchers per on the vet combat squads.
Also, giving your Captains better wargear tends to be a more efficient option.  You're already paying for the 12" move, 4+ invul, 5 wounds, 4 attack body, might as well give him a kit to take advantage of it.  SB/TH JP Captains are only 119 pts.

I'd suggest Thunder Hammers over Melta on you bikes.  If youre getting close enough for melta to be effective, charging for 3 TH attacks is gonna threat a lot of things.  And if someone charges you, you have a much more potent answer in the fight phase.

• Deathwalker likes this

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

IF, IF he went WS/RW for the bikes, I might agree on the TH because the 20" +2d6 delivery system is fantastic given the DS nerf for a first turn strike, but with pure DW.......... I'm not convinced. Yes you are sacrificing the 2d6 pick best for melta's, but you are also forcing the choice of firepower to deal with T5 W2 3+ save models, and keeping them out of counter assault range with the option to re-position your units faster, assuming they survive.

It's a tricky line to deal with, and on "pure flat averages" I think I would rather the melta's, but with support, the TH becomes far more attractive.

• vigitant likes this

bloodraven01

bloodraven01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
Thanks for all the replies everyone, some very good advice for me to take on board. I had forgotten about the rule of three, so for tournaments the idea of running the bikes in kill teams and combat squads might be a good idea, and the thunder hammers would help me to get around the fact I wouldn't be able to take meltas on the kill team ones.
Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know when I build the list how it performs:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users